If Normandy were covered by today's media

MadMax

Feb 26, 2004
Rockaway Beach, Mo.
... it might go something like this.

June 6, 1944. D-Day.

The Normandy Invasion, the beginning of the end of World War II, and one of the most storied days in American military history. We are grateful for their sacrifice, their courage and honor, and for those who followed in Korea, Viet Nam, the Gulf War and now, Iraq. But more than anything else, we should be grateful D-Day occurred during a more innocent time in America. If World War II had been fought in today's climate of political correctness and covered by our current military-hating national media, things would have been quite different. In fact the story of D-Day might have read something like this...

June 6, 1944. -NORMANDY-

Three hundred French civilians were killed and thousands more wounded today in the first hours of America's invasion of continental Europe. Casualties were heaviest among women and children. Most of the French casualties were the result of artillery fire from American ships attempting to knock out German fortifications prior to the landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops.

Reports from a makeshift hospital in the French town of St. Mere Eglise said the carnage was far worse than the French had anticipated and reaction against the American invasion was running high. "We are dying for no reason," said a Frenchman speaking on condition of anonymity. "Americans can't even shoot straight. I never thought I'd say this, but life was better under

Adolph Hitler."

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops, tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out, threatening the species with extinction. A representative of Greenpeace said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion for over a year, was appalled at the destruction, but not surprised. This is just another example of how the military destroys the environment without a second thought, " said Christine Moanmore. "And it's all about corporate greed."

Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded said the invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone knows that President Roosevelt has ties to big beer," said Pierre LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

Administration supporters said America's aggressive actions were based in part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein, who sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were developing a secret weapon, a so-called "atomic bomb." Such a weapon could produce casualties on a scale never seen before and cause environmental damage that could last for thousands of years.

Hitler has denied having such a weapon and international inspectors were unable to locate such weapons even after spending two long weekends in Germany. Shortly after the invasion began reports surfaced that Americans had abused German prisoners. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at so-called "concentration camps" has been rumored but so far, remains unproven. Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion and French officials are concerned that uncollected corpses pose a public health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this in advance," they said. "It's their mess and we don't intend to clean it up.

DATELINE: GERMANY

Despite repeated protests, the Allies continue to drop bombs on innocent Germans during the holiday of Oktoberfest. It is now certain that the hearts and minds of the poor Wermacht will never be won.

theim said:
DATELINE: GERMANY

Despite repeated protests, the Allies continue to drop bombs on innocent Germans during the holiday of Oktoberfest. It is now certain that the hearts and minds of the poor Wermacht will never be won.

tis a trick question...........no such thing as an innocent German

manu1959 said:
what the hell is that big purple dude doing

That is the evil, despicable, terrible.....
Jamba Hippo.

That vile beast infects German MTV, every 10 minutes cutting into the program with its vile ringtone ads. Beep BEEP beep beep beep beep beep beep; beep BEEP beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep BEEP beep beep beep beep beep beep; BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. A giant purple Hippo in a Sumo suit trying to dance sexy. every other commercial that purple hippo dancing to his ringtone.

I hates it...I HATES IT!!!!!!

theim said:
That is the evil, despicable, terrible.....
Jamba Hippo.

That vile beast infects German MTV, every 10 minutes cutting into the program with its vile ringtone ads. Beep BEEP beep beep beep beep beep beep; beep BEEP beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep BEEP beep beep beep beep beep beep; BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. A giant purple Hippo in a Sumo suit trying to dance sexy. every other commercial that purple hippo dancing to his ringtone.

I hates it...I HATES IT!!!!!!

Hey hey hey, he's bringin it. ;-) :laugh:

Great post!!! I hate to think about what things would have been like if today's media had covered that war!!! Not so sure it would flush in that day and age though,I think everyone (for the most part) were patriots. Democrats weren't far left nut jobs in those days. My grandpa was in WW2 and my granny used to tell us stories. Things like the Marine story wouldn't even have been an issue in those days.

People in this country used to stand together against a common enemy. They didn't burn the American Flag, either. I think that was a great post and I wish all of the radical-left crybabies could read it. I hope it's being posted on some Democratic web-sites.

Does anyone think that now Bush is in the White House, the media will change? I'd be interested in hearing anyone's comments on this. :dunno:

Cameron said:
Does anyone think that now Bush is in the White House, the media will change? I'd be interested in hearing anyone's comments on this. :dunno:

The simple answer is, yes, they will get worse.

hey that was a pretty cool peice of writing u did, can i distribute it among my liberal friends, who "supported wwii" but cant make the connection between that war and the war on terror. (side note: even if u say no im still gonna educate my liberal friends)

Forum List

Back