CDZ Freedom of speech II

I

Indofred

A German mag has printed a spoof Charlie front cover, depicting Jews in a very bad light.
They were forced to apologise.

B7YpqB_CcAI5nPc.jpg

They claim it was an honest mistake,but I suppose they had to.

To the question - why is that anti Semitic, but the Muslim cartoons were freedom of speech?

Actually, if your God is so fragile that it can't stand up to a bit of ridicule and satire, then maybe you need another God.

I mean................the God of the Jews, and the God of Christianity is able to withstand a bit of mocking. Not only can you check back issues of Charlie Hebdo to find that, but you can also find places in the news, like when Christians were upset about the "piss Christ".

However.................even though they were offended, they didn't break the Commandment about not murdering.

Too bad that Islam (which recognizes a lot of teachings from Judaism where they recognize Abraham, to Christianity where they recognize Christ) are so thin skinned that they think Mohammed (who is supposed to be a prophet along with Christ) is so fragile.

Jews depict their image of God, Christians depict their image of Christ (usually nailed to a couple of planks), why can't Islam let Mohammed be shown?

Probably because they have such shaky faith that an image of Mohammed can bring it down.

I don't think any magazine, or other publication should mock the religious beliefs of others. If you get amusement from making fun of the beliefs of Muslims, or Christians, then you are a sad and pathetic person.

What happened to simple respect?

I don't think any magazine, or other publication should mock the religious beliefs of others. If you get amusement from making fun of the beliefs of Muslims, or Christians, then you are a sad and pathetic person.

You have no problem mocking attacking or calling names on politicians, what is the difference?

Question: Why when they draw Jews they always draw the Ultra Orthodox, less than 10% of Jewish community, and honestly, the one wing of the Jewish community which is almost completely uninvoled in the Palestinian issue?

I'm not talking about Charlie, but about almost every time an anti-Jewish cartoon is posted.

Are they really that dumb to do that? it's kind of amusing, almost.

Question: Why when they draw Jews they always draw the Ultra Orthodox, less than 10% of Jewish community, and honestly, the one wing of the Jewish community which is almost completely uninvoled in the Palestinian issue?

I'm not talking about Charlie, but about almost every time an anti-Jewish cartoon is posted.

Are they really that dumb to do that? it's kind of amusing, almost.

Islamo Nazi pigs have been depicting jews in caricature
manner for centuries------even in medieval woodcuts.
Of course the muslim moiety of islamo Nazi was not into
figurative art back then so they depended on words-----that
is where the koranic and mosque description of jews as pigs and monkeys comes into the "picture". The old time Nazi
propaganda -----in the USA------so engaged as long as 100
years ago

To the question - why is that anti Semitic, but the Muslim cartoons were freedom of speech?

Why does it even matter what it is?

Please alert me once you hear screams and gunshots.

All the rest is bullshit.

Nice attempt - but you didn't answer the question.
In the US those cartoons are legal. Both Mohammad and Jewish ones, why would you support murder for a cartoon?

In the US those cartoons are legal. Both Mohammad and Jewish ones, why would you support murder for a cartoon?

Both may well be legal, but is either right?
As for murder, no.
You don't get to decide what is "right" in regards to something that is legal. Just like I have to put up with piss Christ you have to put up with Mohammad cartoons.

Both may well be legal, but is either right?
As for murder, no.

In the USA ----that which instigates violence can be prosecuted
as criminal. Can you cite any of the Hebdo cartoons that you
believe would incite violence against muslims?. There are
TRADITIONAL LIBELS that incite violence, lynchings, pogroms against various groups. In the USA----violence against black americans was often based on "rape" libels.
A cartoon that suggests rape by a "black" male on a "white"
female ------especially during a TIME of ongoing lynchings SHOULD be prosecuted as criminal. Is there any reason
to believe that you are capable of grasping such nuances.
You got examples of muslims in France being attacked
by anyone------or more specifically by jews?

Why does it even matter what it is?

Please alert me once you hear screams and gunshots.

All the rest is bullshit.

Nice attempt - but you didn't answer the question.

It can be called antisemitic or whatever, who cares? bottom line is, Jews don't try and block people's freecom of speech by SHOOTING THEM DOWN!

It can be called antisemitic or whatever, who cares? bottom line is, Jews don't try and block people's freecom of speech by SHOOTING THEM DOWN!

Gosh - Jews don't kill political enemies?
BULLSHIT ALERT.

Founded by Rabbi Meir Kahane in New York City in 1968, the JDL's self-described purpose was to protect Jews from local manifestations of antisemitism.[1][5] Its criticism of the Soviet Union garnered support for the group, transforming it from a "vigilante club" into an organization with a stated membership numbering over 15,000 at one point.[6] The group took to bombing Arab and Soviet properties in the United States,[7] and targeting various alleged "enemies of the Jewish people", ranging from Arab-American political activists to neo-Nazis, for assassination

What happened to Jews in that statement,Noomi? You do realize that the Arab world has made many cartoons, videos, even children's videos that teach making fun of Jews and their beliefs, right? Yes, for decades. It's been going on for decades. Not one of them has ever been killed over it. Surprised? I'm not. That is what the Je Suis CHARLIE is all about. Freedom of speech for everyone. Not just Muslims.

Forum List

Back