Free Unlimited Energy. Part 1.

Is there anything that you or anybody who owns a car plug in at night? If so, then you have your power grid.

How's the power grid charging up the cars at night with no solar?

Whatever solar you collect, you just collect twice what you need. The rest, you store for nighttime use. There are many ways to do that. On a small home scale, you could use rechargeable batteries, capacitors or a heavy flywheel that continuously speeds up during the day. At night you can feed off that rotational momentum. These can be used on a large scale too. Another large scale way would be to heat up sodium. At night that heat could be turned into steam to power turbines.

Whatever solar you collect, you just collect twice what you need.

So instead of just covering my roof with solar panels, I should also cover my neighbor's roof?

And what happens when, here in Chicago during winter, we have cloudy skies for a solid week?
Not to mention only 9 hours of sunlight?

On a small home scale, you could use rechargeable batteries, capacitors or a heavy flywheel that continuously speeds up during the day.

Is this more free stuff I need to take advantage of free solar?

I don't really know how many solar panels you would need. But I know the technology works. Because people use it. You could have some solar panels on your roof. Some on your garage and some on your shed if you have one and need it. Also, during the day, many people are at work. So their home usage at that time could be stored also. For people who do stay home, they probably aren't using that much power. Especially when they're collecting twice what they need. Also, solar panels work best in direct sunlight. But they will work in indirect light too.

Next, I live east and north from Chicago. It is never cloudy for a week. Even then, solar panels will collect some energy even on a cloudy day. For the rest, as I said, it can be transmitted in from places where it isn't cloudy. Next, yes. Everything would be free. And even if you do get charged a little something, so what. You wouldn't have to be paying for heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer or gas to drive around on. Assuming you had an electric car. Which is cheaper to maintain than a internal combustion powered car.

Is there anything that you or anybody who owns a car plug in at night? If so, then you have your power grid.

Whatever solar you collect, you just collect twice what you need. The rest, you store for nighttime use. There are many ways to do that. On a small home scale, you could use rechargeable batteries, capacitors or a heavy flywheel that continuously speeds up during the day. At night you can feed off that rotational momentum. These can be used on a large scale too. Another large scale way would be to heat up sodium. At night that heat could be turned into steam to power turbines.

So instead of just covering my roof with solar panels, I should also cover my neighbor's roof?

And what happens when, here in Chicago during winter, we have cloudy skies for a solid week?

On a small home scale, you could use rechargeable batteries, capacitors or a heavy flywheel that continuously speeds up during the day.

I don't really know how many solar panels you would need. But I know the technology works. Because people use it. You could have some solar panels on your roof. Some on your garage and some on your shed if you have one and need it. Also, during the day, many people are at work. So their home usage at that time could be stored also. For people who do stay home, they probably aren't using that much power. Especially when they're collecting twice what they need. Also, solar panels work best in direct sunlight. But they will work in indirect light too.

Next, I live east and north from Chicago. It is never cloudy for a week. Even then, solar panels will collect some energy even on a cloudy day. For the rest, as I said, it can be transmitted in from places where it isn't cloudy. Next, yes. Everything would be free. And even if you do get charged a little something, so what. You wouldn't have to be paying for heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer or gas to drive around on. Assuming you had an electric car. Which is cheaper to maintain than a internal combustion powered car.

But I know the technology works.

Yup. Lots of technology that is more expensive and less reliable than natural gas......works.
Isn't economical and doesn't make sense, but works.

It is never cloudy for a week.

It is here.

Even then, solar panels will collect some energy even on a cloudy day.

So 30% or less during 8 hours of daylight.....if I'm lucky.

For the rest, as I said, it can be transmitted in from places where it isn't cloudy.

How far away do we have to move solar electricity during the winter?
Just how much excess is generated in these other places?

Next, yes. Everything would be free.

Building a $40K system to give me unreliable power isn't free.

And even if you do get charged a little something, so what.

A little something? Is that what California is paying now to cover their renewable shortfall?

You wouldn't have to be paying for heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer or gas to drive around on.

Considering my solar power wouldn't cover any of those, let alone all 3, I would be paying.

Assuming you had an electric car. Which is cheaper to maintain than a internal combustion powered car.

Until I have to replace the $10,000 battery. Which I can't recharge at night, in the winter, with my solar panels.

Why is it that we are still using oil and coal? Because the alternative is FREE!!!! And there isn't much money to be made from free. It is basically the antimatter to our diseased capitalist system. This free alternative you all know about. Photovoltaic solar panels. They last anywhere from 19 to 24 years. (The last I heard) But it takes only 1 to 4 years for them to produce the energy that was needed to create them. That is everything from mining the ore they are made from onwards.

Having a solar panel society could produce far Far FAR more energy than humans could even dream of ever needing. There are also multiple ways of storing excess energy. And transmitting power from areas where it is sunny to areas where it is cloudy isn't a problem. We already transmit power all over the place. To go to a solar society only takes the willingness to do so. But with energy companies paying for the campaigns of the candidates of any party, don't hold your breath.
You are aware of course that solar panels are VERY bad for the ecosystem right they have to be removed and stored special to avoid destroying things?

Why is it that we are still using oil and coal? Because the alternative is FREE!!!! And there isn't much money to be made from free. It is basically the antimatter to our diseased capitalist system. This free alternative you all know about. Photovoltaic solar panels. They last anywhere from 19 to 24 years. (The last I heard) But it takes only 1 to 4 years for them to produce the energy that was needed to create them. That is everything from mining the ore they are made from onwards.

Having a solar panel society could produce far Far FAR more energy than humans could even dream of ever needing. There are also multiple ways of storing excess energy. And transmitting power from areas where it is sunny to areas where it is cloudy isn't a problem. We already transmit power all over the place. To go to a solar society only takes the willingness to do so. But with energy companies paying for the campaigns of the candidates of any party, don't hold your breath.
Jeepers you're just as stupid and clueless about energy too. Did your level of stupidity require training and special effort?

Seems to me, with our much improved insulation capabilities, we should focus more upon using heat to store excess electricity. Trap (perhaps pump) excess heat into well insulated storage tanks / caverns / buildings. Then use that to run Stirling engine type generators as needed for electricity. Or just route the heat where needed since much of the electricity we generate is just used to create heat and hot water anyway. Perhaps have local heat grids supplying hot air, hot water, or both.

Heat from what. And Stirling engines are remarkable inefficient and difficult to build.
The purpose in this case being to make use of waste heat to generate electricity makes any comparison of efficiency with IC engines silly and misses the point entirely. Waste heat (free - say from burning fossil fuels to run generators, for just one obvious example) is the main driver opposed by some ambient sink like outside air, ocean water, or water circulated through a ground loop. Also, production costs go way down once mass produced.

This is ludicrous.

Yup. Lots of technology that is more expensive and less reliable than natural gas......works.

It is here.

For the rest, as I said, it can be transmitted in from places where it isn't cloudy.

A little something? Is that what California is paying now to cover their renewable shortfall?

You wouldn't have to be paying for heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer or gas to drive around on.

Considering my solar power wouldn't cover any of those, let alone all 3, I would be paying.

Assuming you had an electric car. Which is cheaper to maintain than a internal combustion powered car.

Until I have to replace the $10,000 battery. Which I can't recharge at night, in the winter, with my solar panels.

1. The only reason why solar may be expensive at all is because all of the patents have been bought up by people with DEEP bulging pockets. The energy companies. Next, once you had it you would probably find that it is reliable enough. After all, there are many expensive satellites in space that use them. And there is nobody around to maintain them., Next, considering all of the expenses involved in fossil fuels, it is economical.

2. No it isn't. I live in the same general region of the U.S. and it is never cloudy for a week here.

3. As I have been saying, any solar energy would have to be supplemented with a power grid. Just as a safeguard. At other times you would be producing more energy than you need.

4. You are assuming that energy would have to be transmitted at all. It could very well be that it wouldn't need to be. Also, Germany has moved to a solar energy system. From what I hear, they don't get as many sunny days as the U.S. But they are making it work.

5. Sunlight is reliable. The earth gets it constantly.

6. I don't care what California does. They let themselves be conquered by mexico. They can all eat shit and die for as much as I care.

7. As I said, I don't exactly know how much power you can get from solar panels. But surely it would be enough to cover the things you mentioned. But if you leave your windows open, then it probably wouldn't.

8. Batteries can be expensive. I don't know how abundant lithium is these days. But battery technology is improving all the time. Also, if you added up all of what you spend on gasoline, that $10,000 wouldn't be that big of a bite. Next, as I said, you can recharge it at night. Using stored energy from solar panels.

You are aware of course that solar panels are VERY bad for the ecosystem right they have to be removed and stored special to avoid destroying things?

What is so toxic about sand. Because basically, that's what solar panels are mainly made of. And no matter how bad solar panels could be, they are nothing to the damage caused by oil and coal.

This is ludicrous.

Would you care to expand on that?

This is ludicrous.
Maybe because he's an idiot when it comes to physics and clueless as to economics. If a professor at all likely teaches basket weaveing or maybe gay art history.

What is so toxic about sand. Because basically, that's what solar panels are mainly made of. And no matter how bad solar panels could be, they are nothing to the damage caused by oil and coal.
LOL Please do a little research

It is here.

1. The only reason why solar may be expensive at all is because all of the patents have been bought up by people with DEEP bulging pockets. The energy companies. Next, once you had it you would probably find that it is reliable enough. After all, there are many expensive satellites in space that use them. And there is nobody around to maintain them., Next, considering all of the expenses involved in fossil fuels, it is economical.

2. No it isn't. I live in the same general region of the U.S. and it is never cloudy for a week here.

3. As I have been saying, any solar energy would have to be supplemented with a power grid. Just as a safeguard. At other times you would be producing more energy than you need.

4. You are assuming that energy would have to be transmitted at all. It could very well be that it wouldn't need to be. Also, Germany has moved to a solar energy system. From what I hear, they don't get as many sunny days as the U.S. But they are making it work.

5. Sunlight is reliable. The earth gets it constantly.

6. I don't care what California does. They let themselves be conquered by mexico. They can all eat shit and die for as much as I care.

7. As I said, I don't exactly know how much power you can get from solar panels. But surely it would be enough to cover the things you mentioned. But if you leave your windows open, then it probably wouldn't.

8. Batteries can be expensive. I don't know how abundant lithium is these days. But battery technology is improving all the time. Also, if you added up all of what you spend on gasoline, that $10,000 wouldn't be that big of a bite. Next, as I said, you can recharge it at night. Using stored energy from solar panels.

After all, there are many expensive satellites in space that use them.

Of course, because the extension cords kept getting tangled.

I live in the same general region of the U.S. and it is never cloudy for a week here.

I don't give a shit where you live, here, in Chicago, near the fucking lake, it's not unusual at all to have cloud cover for a solid week in the winter.

As I have been saying, any solar energy would have to be supplemented with a power grid.

But CO2 is killing the planet!!!!!

You are assuming that energy would have to be transmitted at all.

As I said, you can try to heat your Chicago home in the winter, strictly on solar if you'd like.
I'll be sad when they find your dead, frozen corpse. I may even cry.

Also, Germany has moved to a solar energy system.

I hear they pay 3 times what we do for electricity.
Is that something we can look forward to under your free energy plan?

Sunlight is reliable. The earth gets it constantly.

Constantly? 24/7? Here in Chicago?

I don't care what California does.

But they're closer to your stupid plan than any other state. Why is your plan failing there?

Also, if you added up all of what you spend on gasoline, that $10,000 wouldn't be that big of a bite.

$10,000 here, $40,000 there, sounds like your free energy is pretty fucking expensive.

Next, as I said, you can recharge it at night. Using stored energy from solar panels.

Didn't you get the memo? The battery storage (another $10,000? More?) was drained two days ago trying to keep my house warm, after 3 cloudy snowy days.

You'd better recheck your math, you're not generating nearly enough to power a typical home
during a typical year, let alone cars and electric heat.

It's only free to BLM............BURN LOOT AND MURDER.......

It's Free because they will STEAL IT. The overpriced solar gids made in China and Africa by people dying from silica strip mines .......aka Silicosis............turns their lungs into a concrete block..........

The left exports the enviro damage a says...........LOOK CLEAN ENERGY......as they bury the workers who mined it.

Bunch of tools.

And which energy company do you work for.
None of your business..........you are pushing pipe dreams..............and ignore the enviro aspects of Solar Energy....pushed to Asia and Africa so you can't see how it kills people getting you those Solar Panels.

kwh are all that matter for the buck and in that regard solar power sucks.

LOL Please do a little research

Research my ass. Even if solar panels had radioactive cores that would be bad if they got out into the environment, they would be a hell of a lot less dangerous than all the problems that are known to come from oil and coal. Whatever the coating is that actually converts the photons into electricity, it can't be all that toxic. Not only that, there are many materials that they use to do it. They all can't be toxic.

If it was as you say...everyone would be doing it.

It ain't.

California ... where it's sunny all the time... just announced they will not be proceeding with the closure of four fossil fuel power plants...because lo and behold...their green energy plan failed and now they are experiencing blackouts and brownouts.

Forum List

Back