Free Speech Under Assault in Landmark Montana Case

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Free Speech Under Assault in Landmark Montana Case American Free Press

Threatening kids DUMB idea but being persecuted for voicing an opinion on Jews is outrageous....something we certainly need to keep an eye on.

1424484_1602004390033348_3081405598024778061_n_zpsbnkn8swp.jpg

While I support David Joseph Lenio to say dumb things, saying dumb things sometimes has consequences. The topic is a tough one, see Jeremy Waldron's book on topic.

"So consider: elderly people of limited means in the United States who are dependent on Medicare for their basic well-being—there are tens of millions of them—are rather clearly “vulnerable people.” Why, then, is it not equally problematic when a powerful congressman, Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, advocates effectively eliminating the program that benefits these vulnerable people, indeed, keeps them alive? “Hatred,” after all, is not the issue as Waldron says, and no one, I assume, thinks Rep. Ryan “hates” the elderly or the poor. He may simply be stupid, or in thrall to an ideology, or defective in empathetic capacity, or beholden to special interests; whatever the explanation, it is clear that his proposals, if enacted, would eventually result in elderly people in need being unable to afford essential healthcare." Brian Leiter review of 'The Harm in Hate Speech' by Jeremy Waldron, Waldron on the Regulation of Hate Speech by Brian Leiter SSRN

"A man has a right not to be insulted in front of his children." President Lyndon Johnson 'the moral necessity of the 1964 Civil Rights Act'

Glad someone reported him- whether or not the prosecution is warranted- someone talking about shooting up schools and wanting to kill people should be checked into.

Former Michigan man s alleged Twitter threats to kill kids Jews intercepted and led to arrest MLive.com

Hutson tweeted a news article Saturday about two fatal shootings at a synagogue and a free speech event in Copenhagen, Denmark. Hutson said Lenio responded with repeated anti-Semitic messages and images.

"I was prepared to let it go with just smacking him down and saying, 'Look, you're a Holocaust-denying bigot,'" Hutson said. "But he just kept piling on and on, and it seemed like he was manic and obsessive and just really trying hard to get my attention."

Hutson reported the activity to Twitter, and from his own account he tweeted a screenshot of one of Lenio's alleged earlier tweets that talked about killing grade school children. He said Lenio then responded by asking, "Where do your kids go to school?"

"That turned my blood cold and made me stay up all night to shut him down," Hutson said.

In tweets provided by Hutson, Lenio, whose handle was @PyschicDogTalk2, allegedly wrote:

I bet I could get at least 12 unarmed sitting ducks if I decide to go on a killing spree in a #school Sounds better than being a wage slave I'm not even opposed to shooting up a random school like that sandy hoax stunt only realer, to voice my displeasure with being a wage slave. I bet I'd take out at least a whole #classroom & score 30+ if I put my mind to it. #Poverty is making me want to kill folks #MentalHealth?

The tweets also criticized Jewish political beliefs and said he hoped killings would drive them out of the country. He allegedly said if he ever went on a killing spree, he would first shoot a rabbi or a Jewish leader.

The tweets about school violence did not mention specific schools, according to police in Kalispell, the northern Montana city Lenio moved to less than two months ago.

Hutson, who lives near Washington, D.C., reported the account to Twitter and it was suspended. He said Lenio returned with a similar handle and quickly fired off 90 tweets and retweets.

"One of the first things he did was start connecting with other white supremacists," Hutson said.

Hutson contacted the FBI early Sunday and provided information gleaned from the Twitter accounts and YouTube videos. He sent screenshots of the tweets. Authorities subpoenaed Twitter for the IP address, he said.

Here's the problematic charge: Criminal Defamation. I need to know what that specifically means before I know whether or not the State is violating the defendants First Amendment rights.

Poor victim Odium whines, but how is this a free speech issue?

And why would anyone defend threats against children and adults?

Free Speech Under Assault in Landmark Montana Case American Free Press

Threatening kids DUMB idea but being persecuted for voicing an opinion on Jews is outrageous....something we certainly need to keep an eye on.

1424484_1602004390033348_3081405598024778061_n_zpsbnkn8swp.jpg

"Over the years, David Joseph Lenio, formerly of Grand Rapids, Michigan, has been extremely critical of Israel and has openly questioned aspects of WWII, including the so-called “Holocaust,” on the Internet. Now these views are being used against him by a state prosecutor, who is seeking to criminalize speech on the Internet"

. Mr. Lenio is wrong.

You see , ZIONIST Pam Geller, has a right to poke fun at Muslims.

But the opposite is not true.

The Federal Government and the states must prosecute and persecute those who criticize the zionuts.

In Orwellian double-talk, is called "EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW." (wink, wink)

Last edited:
Glad someone reported him- whether or not the prosecution is warranted- someone talking about shooting up schools and wanting to kill people should be checked into.

Former Michigan man s alleged Twitter threats to kill kids Jews intercepted and led to arrest MLive.com

Hutson tweeted a news article Saturday about two fatal shootings at a synagogue and a free speech event in Copenhagen, Denmark. Hutson said Lenio responded with repeated anti-Semitic messages and images.

"I was prepared to let it go with just smacking him down and saying, 'Look, you're a Holocaust-denying bigot,'" Hutson said. "But he just kept piling on and on, and it seemed like he was manic and obsessive and just really trying hard to get my attention."

Hutson reported the activity to Twitter, and from his own account he tweeted a screenshot of one of Lenio's alleged earlier tweets that talked about killing grade school children. He said Lenio then responded by asking, "Where do your kids go to school?"

"That turned my blood cold and made me stay up all night to shut him down," Hutson said.

In tweets provided by Hutson, Lenio, whose handle was @PyschicDogTalk2, allegedly wrote:

I bet I could get at least 12 unarmed sitting ducks if I decide to go on a killing spree in a #school Sounds better than being a wage slave I'm not even opposed to shooting up a random school like that sandy hoax stunt only realer, to voice my displeasure with being a wage slave. I bet I'd take out at least a whole #classroom & score 30+ if I put my mind to it. #Poverty is making me want to kill folks #MentalHealth?

The tweets also criticized Jewish political beliefs and said he hoped killings would drive them out of the country. He allegedly said if he ever went on a killing spree, he would first shoot a rabbi or a Jewish leader.

The tweets about school violence did not mention specific schools, according to police in Kalispell, the northern Montana city Lenio moved to less than two months ago.

Hutson, who lives near Washington, D.C., reported the account to Twitter and it was suspended. He said Lenio returned with a similar handle and quickly fired off 90 tweets and retweets.

"One of the first things he did was start connecting with other white supremacists," Hutson said.

Hutson contacted the FBI early Sunday and provided information gleaned from the Twitter accounts and YouTube videos. He sent screenshots of the tweets. Authorities subpoenaed Twitter for the IP address, he said.
He is a moron for threatening kids but he is being persecuted for his SPEECH not his actions...that's violation of first amendment.

He is a moron for threatening kids but he is being persecuted for his SPEECH not his actions...that's violation of first amendment.

You can be prosecuted for your speech- the question is whether his speech is considered a direct threat.

From what i have seen I am not sure it was- but I am very glad that the authorities were alerted and checked in on this guy- would have been a tragedy if the warning had been ignored and school kids ended up dead.

You can be prosecuted for your speech- the question is whether his speech is considered a direct threat.

From what i have seen I am not sure it was- but I am very glad that the authorities were alerted and checked in on this guy- would have been a tragedy if the warning had been ignored and school kids ended up dead.

Prosecutors want to make the jurors angry and thereby convict him of all charges.

The news article states:

“Despite the efforts of 14 law enforcement officers from three agencies, no alleged victim can be named, because there is no victim,”“Nowhere in the affidavit or the tweets is any specific kid, group of kids or school referenced.

Here's the problematic charge: Criminal Defamation. I need to know what that specifically means before I know whether or not the State is violating the defendants First Amendment rights.

The way I read it, it would have to be a specific individual or a specific group.

45-8-212. Criminal defamation. (1) Defamatory matter is anything that exposes a person or a group, class, or association to hatred, contempt, ridicule, degradation, or disgrace in society or injury to the person's or its business or occupation.
(2) Whoever, with knowledge of its defamatory character, orally, in writing, or by any other means, including by electronic communication, as defined in 45-8-213, communicates any defamatory matter to a third person without the consent of the person defamed commits the offense of criminal defamation and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 6 months in the county jail or a fine of not more than $500, or both.
(3) Violation of subsection (2) is justified if:
(a) the defamatory matter is true;
(b) the communication is absolutely privileged;
(c) the communication consists of fair comment made in good faith with respect to persons participating in matters of public concern;
(d) the communication consists of a fair and true report or a fair summary of any judicial, legislative, or other public or official proceedings; or
(e) the communication is between persons each having an interest or duty with respect to the subject matter of the communication and is made with the purpose to further the interest or duty.
(4) A person may not be convicted on the basis of an oral communication of defamatory matter except upon the testimony of at least two other persons that they heard and understood the oral statement as defamatory or upon a plea of guilty or nolo contendere.

History: En. 94-8-111 by Sec. 1, Ch. 513, L. 1973; R.C.M. 1947, 94-8-111; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 230, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 395, L. 1999; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 344, L. 2003.
lsd.gif

45-8-212. Criminal defamation.

Last edited:

The way I read it, it would have to be a specific individual or a specific group.

45-8-212. Criminal defamation. (1) Defamatory matter is anything that exposes a person or a group, class, or association to hatred, contempt, ridicule, degradation, or disgrace in society or injury to the person's or its business or occupation.
(2) Whoever, with knowledge of its defamatory character, orally, in writing, or by any other means, including by electronic communication, as defined in 45-8-213, communicates any defamatory matter to a third person without the consent of the person defamed commits the offense of criminal defamation and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 6 months in the county jail or a fine of not more than $500, or both.
(3) Violation of subsection (2) is justified if:
(a) the defamatory matter is true;
(b) the communication is absolutely privileged;
(c) the communication consists of fair comment made in good faith with respect to persons participating in matters of public concern;
(d) the communication consists of a fair and true report or a fair summary of any judicial, legislative, or other public or official proceedings; or
(e) the communication is between persons each having an interest or duty with respect to the subject matter of the communication and is made with the purpose to further the interest or duty.
(4) A person may not be convicted on the basis of an oral communication of defamatory matter except upon the testimony of at least two other persons that they heard and understood the oral statement as defamatory or upon a plea of guilty or nolo contendere.

History: En. 94-8-111 by Sec. 1, Ch. 513, L. 1973; R.C.M. 1947, 94-8-111; amd. Sec. 1, Ch. 230, L. 1997; amd. Sec. 5, Ch. 395, L. 1999; amd. Sec. 3, Ch. 344, L. 2003.
lsd.gif

45-8-212. Criminal defamation.
If that is what I read I'm amazed it's law. Every aspect is covered by other laws including the right for redress of grievances under the law (libel and slander) and those are civil matters. It's a clear violation of the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back