Free College Education

Another problem I have with the free education concept is that Liberals call it an investment for the future that everyone benefits from. Does that mean the kid's own parents, ones that didn't think their own kid was a good enough investment, will benefit from others paying for what they wouldn't do for their own? Typical Liberal illogical thinking.

If the kid's own parents don't think they're a good investment, I'm hard pressed to believe the kid is a good enough investment for me.

Correct, but college is an investment. An investment is where you use your money to buy something and expect to get that money back plus a profit down the road.

On average, kids who do have a college education make much more than those of us blue collar workers. They have lower unemployment and usually a wider selection of work.

If the government can force me to pay for somebody else's investment, why can't the government pay for mine?

Why can't the government give me money for stock purchases, real estate or even commodities? How about free money to open up a business?

Taxpayers should not be forced to pay for personal investments, and that includes college which is a personal investment.

I prove your first sentence by investing in my oldest now and plan on doing so for the youngest later. In that way, college is an investment. It's no longer an investment when the government demands I do for someone else's kid what their own parents won't do for them. It becomes an entitlement at that point.

I asked one of the free college supporters what happens if the investment doesn't work out and the one receiving the "investment" doesn't graduate and provide the return they claim it will do. He responded with the question asking me whether or not all my investments worked out. My response was no but there was one difference between those and what he called a free college investment. I made it myself not someone else forcing me to do so.

It's not that Liberal believe everyone should want the same thing. Liberals believe everyone should do it their way whether someone wants it or not. They don't care what people want just that people do what Liberal tell them to do, all the while, claiming they believe in freedom and choice.

Correct which is why I said "So you see, it doesn't matter what anybody else wants---it only matters what a liberal wants."

The thing about this college deal is....... you and I pay for this college out of our tax dollars. Then these kids graduate in their professions. Afterwards, you and I need a lawyer or Doctor or something. And when we get one, they charge us over $300.00 for a half hour of their time.

Wait a minute! Didn't I pay for your education, and now you're going to charge me ridiculous amounts of money for your services that I paid for you to learn????

Well.......yes. Because what have you done for me lately???

The thing is, once government pays for something, it's really not appreciated nor looked at as the taxpayers paying for something.

I think you mean as long as someone else pays for it, they want it. Clearly Democrats kicked Bernie Sanders and his proposals to the curb. While Americans are typically not that politically sauvy, they do understand when a candidate is campaigning on free college tuition, and adding 29 trillion in more government spending that it will trickle down to their wallets.

So for these kids today--I would like to see them go to work, working 40 hours and week and then come back in 10 years and tell us how much they want to pay for someone else's college education--LOL

gv013116dAPR20160201044639.jpg

So for these kids today--I would like to see them go to work, working 40 hours and week and then come back in 10 years and tell us how much they want to pay for someone else's college education--LOL

Actually they should go to work for five or six years, save up their money, and pay for college themselves.

Liberals think that if taxpayers don't pay for something, it's not achievable. When you point out that kids should work before and during college, or otherwise join the military to earn college benefits, they think you are nuts. Earn college money for themselves? How dare you????

So then they try to use the sympathy play: what about those poor, poor kids?

Well, why can't a poor kid get a job? Why can't a poor kid join the military? Why can't a poor kid get a government college loan?

The party of excuses love to come up with reasons why someone can't. That's the great thing about being a conservative Republican, because we are the party that believes why someone can.

I prove your first sentence by investing in my oldest now and plan on doing so for the youngest later. In that way, college is an investment. It's no longer an investment when the government demands I do for someone else's kid what their own parents won't do for them. It becomes an entitlement at that point.

I asked one of the free college supporters what happens if the investment doesn't work out and the one receiving the "investment" doesn't graduate and provide the return they claim it will do. He responded with the question asking me whether or not all my investments worked out. My response was no but there was one difference between those and what he called a free college investment. I made it myself not someone else forcing me to do so.

Exactly. If you use your own money to go to college and flunk out, you lost YOUR money. However if you do the same with taxpayer money, you don't lose out, the taxpayer does.

That would be similar to wanting the government to give me money to bet on the horse races. If I win, thank you taxpayer. If I lose, I really didn't lose anything but time. I'll keep placing bets as long as the government gives me the money to do so.

Private schools usually produce more educated kids because there is more parental involvement. When a parent it paying 12, 14 or 16 thousand a year to have their child educated, you can bet the farm the parent will make sure they get their money's worth. I know that's what happened with my sister. With public school, nothing to lose because taxpayers are paying for the school and teachers. People tend to try harder when it's their money on the line.

One of my tenants just had a baby. I told the father before the child came that the day he or she is born, open up a college account for that child. Put in what you can comfortably afford.

Forum List

Back