Free Burial Offered to Drunk Drivers Who Die

JenyEliza

Princess of Rhetoric
Nov 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA, USA
Funeral home offers drunk drivers a free burial  | accessAtlanta

ROME, Ga. — Planning to drink and drive this New Year's? A north Georgia funeral home has a deal for you. Between now and noon Thursday, drivers can visit McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome to sign a contract stating they plan to drink or take drugs and then drive on New Year's Eve. If they die in a wreck that day, the funeral home will give them a free burial

Not sure what I think of this. This is a serious offer from this Funeral Home (no, I am not taking them up on it, I don't drive on New Year's Eve, and I don't drink due to my blood pressure meds).

However, it concerns me. Do you think it encourages dangerous behavior? Or discourages?

Thoughts, ya'll?

Funeral home offers drunk drivers a free burial *| accessAtlanta

ROME, Ga. — Planning to drink and drive this New Year's? A north Georgia funeral home has a deal for you. Between now and noon Thursday, drivers can visit McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome to sign a contract stating they plan to drink or take drugs and then drive on New Year's Eve. If they die in a wreck that day, the funeral home will give them a free burial

Not sure what I think of this. This is a serious offer from this Funeral Home (no, I am not taking them up on it, I don't drive on New Year's Eve, and I don't drink due to my blood pressure meds).

However, it concerns me. Do you think it encourages dangerous behavior? Or discourages?

Thoughts, ya'll?

On im sure it's like a DUI Impact Class once you get there. They will probably show you a dead body and what will happen after you die to try and scare you, hopefully.

Thoughts, ya'll?

On im sure it's like a DUI Impact Class once you get there. They will probably show you a dead body and what will happen after you die to try and scare you, hopefully.

If that's the case, I'm cool with that.

I just don't want to see more drunk drivers out on GA roads this NYE because of some stupid bravado and (basically) a dare from a Funeral Home.

The thought kinda makes me sick.

I think the point they are making is your family shouldn't suffer for your stupidity.

You tube has lots of videos of traffic stops for DWI. If it weren't for the fact that the cops were stopping them from propelling 3 tons of metal at high speed along the roads, it would be funny. but you see the level of impairment, you feel glad the cops are stoping them

Thoughts, ya'll?

I'm sure it encourages dangerous behavior, I mean how else can you get a free burial? :cuckoo:

I'm hoping you were being facetious with your questions.

Thoughts, ya'll?

I think if they were REALLY GOOD LIBERALS they'd mandate FREE BURIALS for drunk drivers who live.

Thoughts, ya'll?

I think if they were REALLY GOOD LIBERALS they'd mandate FREE BURIALS for drunk drivers who live.

I think anyone would support that.

Thoughts, ya'll?

Okay, here is my hope, the funeral home will take these contracts, and forward copies to the police in the hopes that they will catch said drunk drivers before they even get in their cars.

Thoughts, ya'll?

Okay, here is my hope, the funeral home will take these contracts, and forward copies to the police in the hopes that they will catch said drunk drivers before they even get in their cars.

Good thought! In Rome GA, that actually might happen. It's a small town, Mayberry RFD type of place. Everybody there knows pretty much everyone.

Here's hoping you're right! :D

Forum List

Back