Fred Thompson doing the news?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bern80, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    I only caught part of it, but if anyone elsed listened to Rush today was that Fred Thompson reading the news headlines?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    He did an interview with Hannity yesterday - but I don't know what you're talking about as far as Rush.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Just to fuel the rumors, I had heard he was filling on for Paul Harvey on occasion. After all, PH IS getting to be older than dirt.

Also heard he might toss his hat in the ring as a presidential candidate.

4. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Well, 'lil gunny cowboy, let's get it all out.

Paul Harvey is an icon in American Journalism. Fred Thompson is also an icon in 2nd grade acting and public communications.

Fred didn't do jack shit for Tennesse as their junior and one term Senator and I suspect he will do less for Americans as a junior and one term President (considering that he even MIGHT be elected for even ONE TERM) (After Bush, nothing is improbable) and I think Americans are generally tired of actors and otherwise expertly trained rich boys pretending to be world leaders and somehow respected as leaders of Democracy and defenders of Freedom.

The pukes don't have a candidate that will please you and the probably only 5 or 6 that agree with you. The Dems haven't got much more but they do have more that at least I can agree with.

Good Luck and Good Day, gunny.

5. UnAmericanYOU

UnAmericanYOU VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    The actor always wins against your party. Always.

Fred Thompson - tease, tease, tease, this link has one to the radio program you might be talking about, "BATMAN":

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YTVjY2I4NmRkMTI0MDZkNzQ3OWM1OWM0NmQ2NTYyMDE

He's complaining about the lack of poor government management by both the Congress and the WH, he end it very suggestively:

After comparing politics with major-league baseball...still testing the waters.

6. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    It is a mazing how long PH has been doing the news I mean growing up listening to him was kind of a high light of the day knowing what was going on in the world. I wonder since he's older than dirt constitutes becoming a rock?:eusa_dance:

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    I haven't been very excited by Fred Thompson, I actually agree with Psycho on a number of these things. So of course, that worries me alittle and I am going to have to reanalyze some things to see if my first impression is correct.

I am just not very impressed with Mr. Thompson yet. Yeah, from what I can see he says the right things, for the most part. (still not happy about him cosponsoring McCain Feingold) But what does it matter if someone says the right things if he has no ability to get any of those things done.

Its something i have issue with Newt as well. I like him. and He has some great ideas and some success in doing it, but I am not sure he can get what he promises done. I think leadership skills is very important. and while I know he has some, i dont know if he has enough to accomplish the things i want.

I know even less about Mr. Thompson. I could see myself voting for Newt, because I know he atleast has a few skills. I dont know what kind of leadership abilities Mr. Thompson has. And I havent found any information on it.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/009429.php

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I see as usual, I post a couple facts to which you respond with your usual, dimwitted conjecture.

There ain't NUTHIN' little about me, and I think one of my "little gunny cowboy" boots would look quite nice up your ass. Might even get a side-benefit of some oxygen getting into your brain that way.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I have not researched Thompson yet, as he has not yet declared he's going to run. No sense putting the cart before the horse.

I can easily see a Republican being a one-termer in TN regardless the job he does.

What he DOES have is appeal. He's a Reagan conservative, and has a recognizable face on a national scale.

That he supports McCain on anything sucks.

Gingrich has too many skeletons in his closet. I don't see him as a serious contender.

I'm just resigned tomoving in next door to Roomy and aggravating the shit out of him for four years!:D