France Backs China's Preemptive War!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NATO AIR, Apr 21, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    how nice of them to back China's war to oppress a people while they opposed America's war to liberate a people.

Go France! You'll be in the Axis of Evil before Christmas!

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    And Spain right with them:

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/B706304.htm

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Follow the money....

They were against the US' pre-emptive war with Iraq because they were selling to Iraq. Now they support China using a pre-emptive war with Taiwan, because they are selling to China. Iraq, they admitted, posed a threat but yet they were against it. Taiwan poses NO threat to ANYBODY and yet, they support China.

Follow the money....

4. IceEyes

IceEyes Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Damn

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Yep. Oh, and they're preventing NATO from playing any role in halting genocide in Darfur.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=691113

I hope some chickens start coming home to roost. I fervently pray the Jihadists start a civil war in France and tear it apart.

6. IceEyes

IceEyes Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Then you would have Jihadists with nukes! And that might be a good thing too because I don't think they will use it on sensitive reefs like France have done, destroying a sensitive peece of the nature.

But seriously.

I don't get it. I make no distiction between nations ambition to prosper. Every country has its share of bad or stupid desicions. My country is no exception. But this was truely depressing. I'm really disappointed. Can't find the right words really. Damn.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ice Eyes, wish you would come around more and bring some open minded friends with you.

The US has its problems and mistakes, read any of our papers, the problems are listed. What we don't do is put our friends in danger or try to destroy them. That is what many of us think France is attempting to do.

8. IceEyes

IceEyes Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That was a nice thing to say. I don't know about France. It cannot possibly lie within their interest to arm China! It just can't. What reason can they have to object to NATO engagement in Darfur? It is almost childish in a way, I can't figure it out.

Many of my friends thought that the invasion of Iraq was premature. Alright, it's an opinion. However, it is easy to see that the action, as it finally happened, became mainly an American action against Iraq, - not against Europe or against France! If someone feels so bad about the war that they now consider America to be an enemy, then the question is who they see as their ally? The enemy of my enemy is my ally?

Has this war in anyway harmed France? Or any other nation at all really?

While this imature behaviour goes on, nations wich intentions are more than dubios can act in the shadow. An alreay weak UN gets even more strained by actions like such France have made now. The road back to trust just got longer, didn't it?

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think France is continuing with the US what it has historically done with its neighbors and allies, use them when convienent, but jealousy causes them to lash out during times of less violence. In this case though, they seem to be attempting to help their economy at the risk of not only others, but even themselves.

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

France has huge concession rights in Sudan, why aren't they protecting their freekin interests? Maybe they are :wtf: