Fox's attempt to demote Trump with "gotcha" questions and pitting candidates against him last night

This is all so dumb.

Everyone wants their party to be treated with kid gloves but expects the other side to be eviscerated.

Stop being hypocrites. Stop whining and get to the shit that matters

The Fox News Debate was about Fox News. It had nothing to do with the country or Candidates. It was all just shameful promotion of their on-air personalities. It is what it is.
Idiocy. I learned plenty about the positions & temperament of the candidates.

Difference being of course is that I focused on the candidates and wasn't looking for some safety blanket to grab if my candidate did poorly.

Was Megan Kelly a bitch? Kind of. Does it matter? Hell no.

Grow up

You didn't learn anything. The debate was a sham. It was about the Fox News on-air personalities. That's all that most will remember about it. And Fox News is pretty happy about that. Highest ratings ever.
That's what "some" will remember because they are more shallow than my grandsons wading pool.
If that is all you got from the debate then you didn't pay attention and there is no one to blame for that but you

The crying is hysterical. Megan Kelly was mean! Fox was mean! The commercials were mean!

News flash: The world is a cut throat place.

Had Hillary been hammered like that we'd all be dancing in the streets. But somehow King Trump is different

Trump is different! He isn't one of these power corrupt inside the beltway jack$$$ that says one thing and do another! He is honest and tell us how it really is!! The moment we get word of the crap, the leaders from both party want to shut him up!!

Damn that! Damn FOX. And if the GOP doesn't like, Damn them too when Trump runs 3rd party!!

As propaganda arm of the GOP, Fox serves as the gatekeeper for who gets to run for President

They already sent seven candidates to the childrens table and are in the process of trimming down the big boys who they deem not worthy

The crying is hysterical. Megan Kelly was mean! Fox was mean! The commercials were mean!

Had Hillary been hammered like that we'd all be dancing in the streets. But somehow King Trump is different

Trump is different! He isn't one of these power corrupt inside the beltway jack$$$ that says one thing and do another! He is honest and tell us how it really is!! The moment we get word of the crap, the leaders from both party want to shut him up!!

Damn that! Damn FOX. And if the GOP doesn't like, Damn them too when Trump runs 3rd party!!

....my dream come true....{sigh!}

Are you high? Trump is the king of bribes & kickbacks. He is the one we all vilified months ago. A man that pays to get special treatment from the government for his business dealings. Somehow now he's suddenly a saint?
If being an asshole is all that's required to be our nominee I should be king of the world then.

It is obvious that Palin wasn't bad enough, so the nuts in the GOP had to scour the country for an even funnier clown. If this dosn't work, look for Pee Wee Herman to run in the next election.

As the propaganda arm of the Republican Party, Fox has an obligation to get rid of those candidates unworthy of carrying the Republican brand
Their job is not to "get rid" of anyone. They were supposed to exhibit a platform where each candidate could give the listening public the knowledge of where they stand on issues and their record of accomplishments.

The failed miserably.

Are you high? Trump is the king of bribes & kickbacks. He is the one we all vilified months ago. A man that pays to get special treatment from the government for his business dealings. Somehow now he's suddenly a saint?
If being an asshole is all that's required to be our nominee I should be king of the world then.

I feel quite sure that if there was ever a bit of evidence to bribes and kickbacks, Kelly would have served that to Trump on a golden platter.

I have talked about Trump and his unpresidential manners. He's not suited to be President. But that is MY choice to make. Now I feel like he was treated like a chump in the debate. No viewer should go away with that impression. Like Trump or not, Fox was unworthy of any kudos for last night. They sucked!

I only managed to see the first 40 minutes....but I have to say.....FoxNews came off last night as amateurs....

The purpose of a debate is to inform the audience of the candidates positions and beliefs on issues that are important to the citizens.

They acted a great deal like CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and any other alphabet soup label you can name.

The panel is NOT permitted to enter into the debate themselves; only ask questions.

On top of that, they were trying to gin up controversy for ratings......(yeah, I know. big surprise given the nature of their business)....

But does anyone think they could at least try to hide the fact that they are in the tank for Bush?

For the record I think Fox did an awful job all the way around. Having said that these hysterics are even more laughable
Honestly, if they would have pulled the lever on Walker the way they did Trump, you would be more vocal about it?

Last edited:
As propaganda arm of the GOP, Fox serves as the gatekeeper for who gets to run for President

They already sent seven candidates to the childrens table and are in the process of trimming down the big boys who they deem not worthy
The seven at the "children's table" was more appropriate than having 17 people in one debate. Some of the candidates would barely speak a sentence!

Fox News had an agenda. It was clearly all about attacking Trump. And to promote its network personalities. It was much more about Fox News than it was about the Candidates.
You're right. I think it will backfire. I went on Facebook after the debate and the comments were devastating for Fox. I don't even recall a positive comment for Fox. They were claiming they'd never watch Fox again and how unfair it was to Trump and the other candidates.

What did the OP expect?

FauxNoise is about ENTERTAINMENT by their own admission in a court of law.

So they had the biggest loudmouth celebrity in the clown car and they used their own paid shills to turn it into a reality show about the GOP primary process.

FauxNoise ratings must have made Roger's wallet swell with dollars.

Because that is all that FauxNoise is about. Giving gullible extremist rightwingers their red meat diet so that they will keep on coming back for more.

:lmao:
They're about entertainment in that they tell the news in a narrative that their viewers want to hear. That isn' t much different from other networks or cable news shows. Fox does play looser with facts. But, mainly their audience are people who perceive big govt taking something from them, i.e. victims. The problem Fox has is that W gave us unnecessary deficits and wars. Now, Fox wants us get behind Jeb or whomever the plutocracy wants. The Kochs may be well intentioned but thus far they haven't made a case for how they're helping. Fox is playing with fire by aligning with those with whom alienated citizens are angry.

FauxNoise made that admission about being ENTERTAINMENT in a court of law because they were being held liable for LYING TO THEIR VIEWERS.

If FauxNoise was a genuine news organization they would have been forced to hand over gazillions of dollars. By admitting that they are entertainment only they can continue to lie to their gullible viewers with impunity.

And yes, FauxNoise has no problem doing exactly that.

For the record I think Fox did an awful job all the way around. Having said that these hysterics are even more laughable
Honestly, if they would have pulled the lever on Walker the way they did Trump, you would be more vocal about it.
If Walker has the kind of skeletons in his closet Trump does I'd like to know. And Kelly did serve up the kickbacks. She asked him what he got for the money he gave Hillary. His response was laughable and Kelly could have easily pressed the issue but she didn't

Fox News had an agenda. It was clearly all about attacking Trump. And to promote its network personalities. It was much more about Fox News than it was about the Candidates.
You're right. I think it will backfire. I went on Facebook after the debate and the comments were devastating for Fox. I don't even recall a positive comment for Fox. They were claiming they'd never watch Fox again and how unfair it was to Trump and the other candidates.

What did the OP expect?

FauxNoise is about ENTERTAINMENT by their own admission in a court of law.

So they had the biggest loudmouth celebrity in the clown car and they used their own paid shills to turn it into a reality show about the GOP primary process.

FauxNoise ratings must have made Roger's wallet swell with dollars.

Because that is all that FauxNoise is about. Giving gullible extremist rightwingers their red meat diet so that they will keep on coming back for more.

:lmao:
They're about entertainment in that they tell the news in a narrative that their viewers want to hear. That isn' t much different from other networks or cable news shows. Fox does play looser with facts. But, mainly their audience are people who perceive big govt taking something from them, i.e. victims. The problem Fox has is that W gave us unnecessary deficits and wars. Now, Fox wants us get behind Jeb or whomever the plutocracy wants. The Kochs may be well intentioned but thus far they haven't made a case for how they're helping. Fox is playing with fire by aligning with those with whom alienated citizens are angry.

FauxNoise made that admission about being ENTERTAINMENT in a court of law because they were being held liable for LYING TO THEIR VIEWERS.

If FauxNoise was a genuine news organization they would have been forced to hand over gazillions of dollars. By admitting that they are entertainment only they can continue to lie to their gullible viewers with impunity.

And yes, FauxNoise has no problem doing exactly that.
I will not defend them.

As the propaganda arm of the Republican Party, Fox has an obligation to get rid of those candidates unworthy of carrying the Republican brand
Their job is not to "get rid" of anyone. They were supposed to exhibit a platform where each candidate could give the listening public the knowledge of where they stand on issues and their record of accomplishments.

The failed miserably.

Roger Ailes obviously feels diferently. It was obvious that some candidates were immediately attacked and others were given softballs. Fox wants to get the field down in a hurry

They saw what happened last time

Once the GOP field is down to one candidate, Fox will turn all warm and cuddly

Honestly, if they would have pulled the lever on Walker the way they did Trump, you would be more vocal about it.
If Walker has the kind of skeletons in his closet Trump does I'd like to know. And Kelly did serve up the kickbacks. She asked him what he got for the money he gave Hillary. His response was laughable and Kelly could have easily pressed the issue but she didn't
I remember the business about Trumps donation to Hillary. He has talked about it and admitted he was buying influence.

Why didn't Kelly go for Christie on Bridgegate? Walker could have been mocked for the recall efforts but it wasn't brought up.

I'm just saying the candidates were not treated the same and when she was goading them to attack Trump, it didn't work. Loved it when Kasich turned her insult to Trump around.

Why is anyone surprised that Fox was not "fair"

Roger Ailes had voiced his annoyance at the way the Republican field was shaping up. He is obviously letting loose the hounds to winnow out the field

I'd like to see a pack of Dems treated that way, but, no way they would ever enter a real debate or forum.
You classify last nite as a "real debate"?

I'd like to see a pack of Dems treated that way, but, no way they would ever enter a real debate or forum.
You classify last nite as a "real debate"?
Guess not. It was more of a mess.

Fox is not happy with the size of the field

They want to get the number of candidates quickly so they can concentrate their propaganda resources on those candidates they think are capable of taking on Hillary

Forum List

Back