FoxNews Colluded With Rubio to Soften O'Reilly

bobdrake

Feb 13, 2016
Quoting from the Still Report #660:

According to yesterday’s New York Times, Fox News joined with Senators Marco Rubio and Chuck Schumer in 2013 to soft pedal criticism of the Gang of 8 Amnesty bill to give it a chance of getting through Congress.

The notorious Gang of 8 bill would have provided a pathway to U.S. citizenship for 11 million illegal aliens, the provisions of which were being attacked mercilessly by conservatives in Congress.

The previously un-reported agreement was made on Jan. 17, 2013 at a dinner meeting with the two senators in the dining room at the News Corp Manhattan headquarters with FNC owner, Rupert Murdoch and its CEO, Roger Ailes.

Quoting from the NY Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/u...migration-reform-with-conservative-media.html

29gangofeight-web-master675.jpg

The dinner at News Corporation headquarters — which has not been previously reported — and the subsequent outreach to Mr. Limbaugh illustrate the degree to which Mr. Rubio served as the chief envoy to the conservative media for the group supporting the legislation. The bill would have provided a pathway to American citizenship for 11 million illegal immigrants along with measures to secure the borders and ensure that foreigners left the United States upon the expiration of their visas.

It is a history that Mr. Rubio is not eager to highlight as he takes on Donald J. Trump, his rival for the Republican presidential nomination, who has made his vow to crack down on illegal immigration a centerpiece of his campaign.

My comments:

I believe listening to the Still Report and reading the NY Times article are of worth.

Has this information changed your views of Marco Rubio?

Do you trust Marco Rubio regarding his stance on immigration?

What do you say?

I welcome any and all evidence that Rubio is able to work across the aisle on important issues to get things done. He vows to tighten border security before moving on what to do with the illegal immigrants in this country. Since the last poll I heard says that the majority of Americans agree with amnesty, or legalization, for illegal immigrants, I am not at all alarmed that Rubio may personally support this.
So no, knowing that Rubio was a spokesman for the Gang of 8 at a media meeting is no shocker, and I trust Rubio to tighten border security prior to turning his attention to the illegal immigrants in this country.

No more tricks gimmicks and games, get lost Rubio.

Block the border, deport the petty criminals, send jailed inmates to jail in their own country. Get tough with Mexico. How dare they send trainloads of 50000 youth to the border and "don't see a thing"? How dare they send the sick, mental, poor and criminal to USA. Send them back.

We want the guy who will "attempt" to return the damaged goods. Time for payback. Been watching this for 30-40 years. Enough already.

Forum List

Back