Fox Reporter Makes Up Kerry Story, Gets Reprimanded Immediately

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Oct 2, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    see the time and honesty difference between them and CBS? fox does it immediately, cbs takes two weeks and still tried to defend it. (fox news still spins stuff way too much for my liking on the news, but their commentary is the best you can find.)

2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Not only that but Rather has still not stated unequivocally that the damn things were forged. And that stupid interview where the secretary was saying, "Well no, he or I didn't write this, but it is accurate anyway." What a farcical equation. Fictional but accurate? Fake but okay anyway? What was that interview about?

Talk about showing that you are not nor have you ever been a valid source of news. I will never watch another ABC news broadcast as long as that idiot works for them.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  4. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I'll add to that that CBS has yet to show the other side of the story. Plenty of people have come out and said the memos are not accurate, including the mans wife and son, but you would never know it by CBS.

As far as FOX and Cameron, it is pretty stupid to write something like that and put it somewhere it might accidently be put online. Yes, it does make me wonder how much of an "accident" it was that someone put it up. Anyway, as the original poster said, FOX wasted no time in apologizing, whereas CBS eventually got around to saying they were sorry...sort of...about most of what happened.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,199
    so what was untrue about the fox story?

6. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Does anybody still deny that Fox leans to the right?

Too bad there aren't any unbiased news sources anymore.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yeah, butthead! dontcha get it? Your fav sources have not only been spinning, they've been lying. Now it's been documented.

A holE! Here comes FOX, they not only have been presenting both sides, when they have a reporter spinning, they hang him out to dry. Tell Fin CBS and the cabal that spoke up in their defense! FU!

8. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah thanks. Its great how you make the assumption that I support the left leaning organizations simply because I support Kerry. I for one am able to make up my mind not on party line or what I am spoonfed by Fox News, but thanks for the info about CBS being biased, news to me. :rolleyes:

I mainly watch Fox News just because it is more entertaining and has better production than the other cable news outlets, and from what I've seen there is a definite rightwing bias. It isn't as pronounced as CBS or NBC news, but it is still there.

For example, on their debate coverage, they showed more Kerry reaction shots than Bush's because they wanted to get Kerry looking bad and did not want to show Bush looking annoyed or aloof. Also, Greg Palkot, Hannity, Gibson, Snow, Cavuto, the Fox&Friends, that blonde whose name starts with an E, and Brit Hume all lean to the right. Those are quite a few anchors that have varying degrees of bias for one news network that claims to be biased.

Now we add to that Carl Cameron who is the person that does most of their campaign coverage, as they have even nicknamed him "Campaign Carl". So how can one trust a news source that has reporters that are inclined to support the right?