Fox NEWS vs Alinsky Politics

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Of course the mouth pieces at Fox News and the right wing noise machine (many who were leftists at one time) knew who Saul Alinsky was when Obama and Hillary ran in 2008. They had been using Alinsky's tactics for years and were upset at the left's rediscovery of the Alinsky method

Not long after Obama arrived, he sat down for a cup of coffee in Hyde Park with a fellow organizer named Mike Kruglik. Obama's work focused on helping poor blacks on Chicago's South Side fight the city for things like job banks and asbestos removal. His teachers were schooled in a style of organizing devised by Saul Alinsky, the radical University of Chicago-trained social scientist. At the heart of the Alinsky method is the concept of "agitation"-- making someone angry enough about the rotten state of his life that he agrees to take action to change it; or, as Alinsky himself described the job, to "rub raw the sores of discontent."

Barack Obama's Unlikely Political Education | The New Republic

:cool:

I see not much difference between the Tea Party radicals and the Saul Alinsky radicals, except one of ideology

Community organizers see themselves as disciples of Thomas Paine and the colonists who dumped tea in Boston Harbor. Historically, they have revered the tactics of the labor militants of the 1930s, and they became famous in the '60s for the political theater championed by Alinsky, illustrated most memorably by his threat of a "fart-in" at a Rochester, New York, opera house to bring attention to the Kodak company's refusal to hire blacks.

Barack Obama's Unlikely Political Education | The New Republic

Life is a corrupting process from the time a child learns to play his mother off against his father in the politics of when to go to bed; he who fears corruption fears life.
Saul Alinsky

Read more: Saul Alinsky Quotes - BrainyQuote

Forum List

Back