Fox News Poll: Voters Say High Court Should Invalidate Health Care Law

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
As long the make up of the current court stays the same, I think ObamaCare will be overturned.

A Fox News poll released Friday found, by a 49-42 percent margin, American voters would want the new health care law ruled unconstitutional, if the case were to go to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Large majorities of Tea Partiers (84 percent) and Republicans (77 percent), and half of independents (51 percent) would want the Supreme Court to invalidate the health care law. Nearly a quarter of Democrats agree (23 percent).

Most Democrats (69 percent) would like the court to uphold the law as constitutional.
In general, 6 in 10 voters think at least part of the health care law should be repealed: 31 percent would like lawmakers to repeal the law entirely, and another 29 percent say repeal parts of the law.

Fox News Poll: Voters Say High Court Should Invalidate Health Care Law - FoxNews.com

As long the make up of the current court stays the same, I think ObamaCare will be overturned.

A Fox News poll released Friday found, by a 49-42 percent margin, American voters would want the new health care law ruled unconstitutional, if the case were to go to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Large majorities of Tea Partiers (84 percent) and Republicans (77 percent), and half of independents (51 percent) would want the Supreme Court to invalidate the health care law. Nearly a quarter of Democrats agree (23 percent).

Most Democrats (69 percent) would like the court to uphold the law as constitutional.
In general, 6 in 10 voters think at least part of the health care law should be repealed: 31 percent would like lawmakers to repeal the law entirely, and another 29 percent say repeal parts of the law.

Fox News Poll: Voters Say High Court Should Invalidate Health Care Law - FoxNews.com

And when the Supreme Court rules that the healthcare legislation is un-Constitutional, they also need to rule that forcing employers to provide health insurance to employees is un-Constitutional also. Last of all, they need to rule that forcing hospitals to treat patients who cannot pay is un-Constitutional.

It is interesting how nobody seems to see this. I guess that is because most of you have your insurance paid for through your employer and don't want to be forced into having to buy it on the open market paying for it completely on your own. Therefore, it is okay in your minds. Where in the Constitution does it say employers must provide health insurance to their employees? Where in the Constitution does it say that privately funded hospitals must treat people who can't pay for the care they are receiving?

What this tells me is that most of you don't care whether something is Constitutional or not, unless it might have a direct negative affect on you. If the Supreme Court ruled all of these un-Constitutional, I can just imagine the screaming from everyone on both sides how we cannot allow this to happen.

A "Fox News" poll. Hilarious. I wondered how they worded it?

Fox News - owned by Australians and Arabs. I'm sure they have the "best interests" of the nation in mind, after all, we know how much Arabs love the US.

Fox News - owned by Australians and Arabs. I'm sure they have the "best interests" of the nation in mind, after all, we know how much Arabs love the US.

*BIGOT* much do you Deany?

If rdean wasn't such a lazy son of a bitch, he'd have actually looked at the raw data and saw the poll was taken by two polling agencies, one Democratic and one Republican: Anderson Robbins Research (D) / Shaw & Company Research (R).

All Fox did was pay for it.

That little boy troll is more proof that ignorance is bliss.

Public opinion polls are not the way we do constitutional law.

Much as I agree with this opinion poll, it really is not the way we should go.

Now, I do hope the justices see that congress moved way beyond and outside its authority here. But I don't see that happening. I think they will let it slide. Thomas and Scalia are in the mind that the government can do anything it wants.

Public opinion polls are not the way we do constitutional law.

You could have ceased your statement *here*...

Much as I agree with this opinion poll, it really is not the way we should go.

Now, I do hope the justices see that congress moved way beyond and outside its authority here. But I don't see that happening. I think they will let it slide. Thomas and Scalia are in the mind that the government can do anything it wants.

While I hope that the Justices remember that THEY are 1 of 3 co-equal branches of Gubmint...And their task IS to weigh LAW against the Constitution and intent...not precident...Precident gets us in trouble...precident portends partisan AGENDA.

Last edited:
They may refuse to accept any case dealing with it. But opinion polls have no influence on US Supreme Court Justices. Polls are for the legislature and the President. I think polls should be outlawed myself. Even the college football poll!

You're a racist and a zenophobe for hating on Auzzies and Arabs. Besides, we should only trust MSNBC, which is owned by G.E. who has a former CEO in the White House telling Obama what to do.

And we know how much G.E. loves America don't we? From the "Evil Right Wing" HuffPo:
Mike Elk: GE Promotes Manufacturing Jobs in US, Then Ships 'em Overseas

Last edited:

And when the Supreme Court rules that the healthcare legislation is un-Constitutional, they also need to rule that forcing employers to provide health insurance to employees is un-Constitutional also. Last of all, they need to rule that forcing hospitals to treat patients who cannot pay is un-Constitutional.

It is interesting how nobody seems to see this. I guess that is because most of you have your insurance paid for through your employer and don't want to be forced into having to buy it on the open market paying for it completely on your own. Therefore, it is okay in your minds. Where in the Constitution does it say employers must provide health insurance to their employees? Where in the Constitution does it say that privately funded hospitals must treat people who can't pay for the care they are receiving?

What this tells me is that most of you don't care whether something is Constitutional or not, unless it might have a direct negative affect on you. If the Supreme Court ruled all of these un-Constitutional, I can just imagine the screaming from everyone on both sides how we cannot allow this to happen.

So you have no idea what you're talking about, then.

They may refuse to accept any case dealing with it. But opinion polls have no influence on US Supreme Court Justices. Polls are for the legislature and the President. I think polls should be outlawed myself. Even the college football poll!

Specific polls may not have an impact on the way that any Supreme Court rules, but public opinion most certainly does.

If rdean wasn't such a lazy son of a bitch, he'd have actually looked at the raw data and saw the poll was taken by two polling agencies, one Democratic and one Republican: Anderson Robbins Research (D) / Shaw & Company Research (R).

All Fox did was pay for it.

That little boy troll is more proof that ignorance is bliss.

rdean only read the first three words of your title...

his opinion was thus formed and he posted his idiocy...

pretty much standard fare...

So you have no idea what you're talking about, then.

I guess I've been misinformed. So hospitals don't have to treat those who can't pay? The can turn them away? Hmmm, interesting.

Forum List

Back