FOX NEWS POLL: Obama Would Beat GOP, Tea Party Rivals By Landslide In 2012

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
It's like I previously stated on here.

FOX News Poll: Obama Would Beat GOP, Tea Party Rivals By Landslide In 2012 Alan Colmes' Liberaland

Notice the Fox News headline for the article.

FOXNews.com - Fox News Poll: Voters Split On Congressional Elections

With the president having been in office for about a year, 43 percent of Americans say they would vote to re-elect Barack Obama if the 2012 election were held today, which is unchanged from October, yet is down from 52 percent who said they would re-elect him in April.

All in all, 47 percent of Americans say they would vote for someone else rather than re-electing President Obama, up from 31 percent in April.

Moreover, the number saying they would "definitely" vote to re-elect Obama has declined -- going from 37 percent in April to 26 percent in October to 23 percent in the new poll.

Among Democrats, 46 percent say they would "definitely" vote to re-elect Obama, down from 69 percent in April. Similarly, among people who voted for Obama in the 2008 election, the poll shows 43 percent would "definitely" vote to re-elect him, down from 57 percent.

In hypothetical head-to-head matchups, President Obama tops each of the Republican candidates tested.

By 47 percent to 35 percent Obama bests former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. The president has an even wider edge over former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin (55 percent to 31 percent), and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich (53 percent to 29 percent).

Finally, twice as many people say they would vote for Obama (48 percent) as would back a candidate from the Tea Party movement (23 percent).

Obama smashes Romney, Palin, Newt, and even the Tea Party Movement. And this is a poll from Fox News, not the Dailykos.

Discuss.

We all know that FOX lies! Right? :lol:

Well according to you, they are a "fair and balanced" news network. I'm only posting the polls, it's your choice to deny their existence. :eusa_shhh:

It's like I said previously and especially since the Scott Brown victory. Republicans cannot nominate just anyone in 2012 and expect to win against Obama. I don't see Romney, Palin, Newt, or a tea party candidate pulling it off. And these are frontrunners for the moment.

And there's no way that Jindal or Rudy would win either.

<-----Checking his calendar, noting that the 2012 election is more than 2 1/2 years distant.

Again, I'm not the one who did the polling. However, the look on Sinatra's face will be worth it. :razz:

Might as well of asked if Obama could beat Mickey Mouse.......

Three candidates are tested against Obama: Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich.

..... it is more than likely that none of these people will be running against Obama in 2012.

Three candidates are tested against Obama: Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich.

..... it is more than likely that none of these people will be running against Obama in 2012.

You don't think Mitt Romney is going to run? :cuckoo:

We are still waiting for the secret GOP candidate that people will actually vote for

We all know that FOX lies! Right? :lol:

Well according to you, they are a "fair and balanced" news network. I'm only posting the polls, it's your choice to deny their existence. :eusa_shhh:

It's like I said previously and especially since the Scott Brown victory. Republicans cannot nominate just anyone in 2012 and expect to win against Obama. I don't see Romney, Palin, Newt, or a tea party candidate pulling it off. And these are frontrunners for the moment.

And there's no way that Jindal or Rudy would win either.

I said that when?

You don't think Mitt Romney is going to run? :cuckoo:
He can and will run, but he has very slim chances of actually winning the nomination. The Republicans are going to nominate a conservative, not a moderate.

He can and will run, but he has very slim chances of actually winning the nomination. The Republicans are going to nominate a conservative, not a moderate.

By Conservative you mean Christian and by Moderate you mean Mormon? :confused:

BAH!! Fox isn't even real news!!!

Besides they're not a "person" so how do they have any First Amendment right?

In any event Hillary will be the Dem Candidate in 2012.

By Conservative you mean Christian and by Moderate you mean Mormon? :confused:

I mean a FISCAL conservative. Someone who is not afraid to cut spending. We don't have an income problem Dog, we have a spending problem. The Republican nominee will be a bona-fide fiscal conservative or they'll lose.

I mean a FISCAL conservative. Someone who is not afraid to cut spending. We don't have an income problem Dog, we have a spending problem. The Republican nominee will be a bona-fide fiscal conservative or they'll lose.

Republicans haven't had a bona-fide Fiscal Conservative since Coolidge. You think they're going to start now? :confused:

Republicans haven't had a bona-fide Fiscal Conservative since Coolidge. You think they're going to start now? :confused:

Er... did somebody forget AuH20 in 1964? or are you under the impression that he wasn't a fiscal conservative?

Forum List

Back