Fox News Resorts to Homophobic Bathroom Jokes in Retaliation

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://www.alternet.org/politics/14...r_media_matters'_report_on_fox_haiti_coverage

Suppose you're a late-night host on a seldom-seen Fox News Channel program, and a watchdog group has just released a rather unflattering report about your network's apparent indifference toward the fate of humanity in the wake of Haiti's cataclysmic earthquake. What would you do? Go to network executives and demand more and better coverage?

Nah. If you're Greg Gutfeld, host of "Red Eye," you make a crude cartoon on your computer with a sophomoric script, whose only joke is that the CEO of the watchdog group is gay.

On January 14, Media Matters for America released a report contrasting the amount of air time given to the Haiti disaster by the three top-rated shows of Fox News and MSNBC on the day after the earthquake. The three Fox programs—"The O'Reilly Factor," "Hannity" and "Glenn Beck"—featured a combined total of less than seven minutes of coverage. MSNBC's top ratings draws, on the other hand—"Hardball," "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" and "The Rachel Maddow Show"—gave a combined total of more than two hours to the Haiti catastrophe. (Full disclosure: I served as a consultant to Media Matters for three months in 2008/2009.) Here's a graph detailing the January 13 Haiti coverage, divided by network:

Videos and more after the jump.

On January 13, Glenn Beck gave 37 seconds to the Haiti Earthquake.

O'Reilly gave 2 minutes and 56 seconds.

And Hannity is the winner with 3 minutes and 08 seconds.

If you went to the bathroom, you might of missed it.

Thoughts?

LOL! Fox bigots. Gotta love the hate the spew.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bigot? No. I'm merely posting a article and said thoughts. You found it interesting enough to post in. Otherwise, it would of likely died out.

Again, you call me an attention whore. Yet, this thread would of died out if you two weren't interested enough in the title to come in here and attempt to flame me.

You fail to see how you are causing your own problems.

That someone bothers to post Fox Hate is somewhat entertaining, I guess.

Thanks Willow, Found it the day after that Scott was heard around the world.

Fox News Resorts to Homophobic Bathroom Jokes in Retaliation For Media Matters' Report on Fox Haiti Coverage | Politics | AlterNet

Suppose you're a late-night host on a seldom-seen Fox News Channel program, and a watchdog group has just released a rather unflattering report about your network's apparent indifference toward the fate of humanity in the wake of Haiti's cataclysmic earthquake. What would you do? Go to network executives and demand more and better coverage?

Nah. If you're Greg Gutfeld, host of "Red Eye," you make a crude cartoon on your computer with a sophomoric script, whose only joke is that the CEO of the watchdog group is gay.

On January 14, Media Matters for America released a report contrasting the amount of air time given to the Haiti disaster by the three top-rated shows of Fox News and MSNBC on the day after the earthquake. The three Fox programs—"The O'Reilly Factor," "Hannity" and "Glenn Beck"—featured a combined total of less than seven minutes of coverage. MSNBC's top ratings draws, on the other hand—"Hardball," "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" and "The Rachel Maddow Show"—gave a combined total of more than two hours to the Haiti catastrophe. (Full disclosure: I served as a consultant to Media Matters for three months in 2008/2009.) Here's a graph detailing the January 13 Haiti coverage, divided by network:

Thoughts?

Tuesday night Shepard Smith spent the whole hour on Haiti while Chris Matthews spent the whole hour prepping damage control for the soon to come Coakley loss.

Nice reach though .....

Fox News Resorts to Homophobic Bathroom Jokes in Retaliation For Media Matters' Report on Fox Haiti Coverage | Politics | AlterNet

Thoughts?

Tuesday night Shepard Smith spent the whole hour on Haiti while Chris Matthews spent the whole hour prepping damage control for the soon to come Coakley loss.

Nice reach though .....

Well at least one person at Fox cares.

Nice reach, yourself!:razz:

Thoughts?

Nice reach though .....

Well at least one person at Fox cares.

Nice reach, yourself!:razz:

how dare you question the c.l.i.t. commander ......:eek:

That someone bothers to post Fox Hate is somewhat entertaining, I guess.

Thanks Willow, Found it the day after that Scott was heard around the world.

I think it's about the third time dogpoopie has desperately tried to say fox didn't give proper attention to Haiti,, he's just a pile of doogpoopie. :eusa_whistle:

:

Thoughts?
I Think if you, or Media Matter in their obsession with Fox imply that the Red Eye Robot Theater video had any thing to do with criticism about Fox coverage of Haiti by MM, you and they are wrong.

I posted the Red Eye Robot Theater on the 10th, 3 days before the Haiti quake.

MM obsesses over Fox, and that is the gist of the video. I saw nothing in it that mocked gays; rather I saw it as mocking Media Matters, and the trolls who service it and define themselves by it. The video suggests the degree of their subservience.

In addition to those reasons for posting on this thread, I did it so that anyone who wants to can click on the above link, and see it for themselves

Last edited:

Forum List

Back