Fox News Continues Ratings Slump While Competition Gains

This is becoming redundant, but the latest ratings survey once again has Fox News slouching alone as the only cable news network to lose viewers year-over-year. The decline holds for both total viewers and for the 25-54 year old demographic, with the worst showing a double-digit decline in the demo for primetime.

5884171845_72c98b5a8d_o.jpg

This is an enduring pattern of late for Fox which has been losing audience for months while retaining their top slot in the small pond of cable news.

The next quarter will be interesting in that it will be the first without Fox's big asylum draw, Glenn Beck. Beck's program signs off in two days, after which Beck promises that liberals will pray for the days when he was on TV. If he believes that, his delusions are becoming more severe.

It's a shame to see the only balanced network lose viewers.

but at least the liberal media isn't picking anything up.

Guess more and more people are turning to the internet, right where Glenn Beck will be.

:muahaha: dumbasses

the net change probably does worry the folks at fox. TV is all about trends and so on.

But what is consistant is that fox has the top 8 programs in demo, with Rachel maddcow coming at number 9, and of the cable news shows, fox has the top 12 in ratings, with Rachel maddcow coming in at number 13

Again, the ratings here are all in the range of 2.8 for O Reilly, to 1.02 for Rachel.

So dancing for joy because of a decline while they still stomp is silly.

Laugh when they actually sink below Kieth Oberman.

:lol:

It's like two boxers having a rematch. When the same guys loses by KO again, and then brags he went one more round.

Don't bother. DailyKOS said it, Synthia believes it, that settles it.

Another one who doesn't know how to read the OP. Try again.

We can read lies, brainiac.
We're trying to correct your lies with facts Fox News Channel Dominates Again in Q2 with the Top 8 Cable News Programs with Adults 25-54 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Fox is losing viewers because people are tired of the lies.

And also because most of their viewers are over 65.

Like the segregationists before them, they will slowly die off.

UHMM, could it be that a few hundred thousand viewers are on vacation? did we forget that late june going into the 4th of july are prime vacation weeks? oh, and on top of that,,many fox news viewers change the channel when there is a guest host?,,,the worst of them all is Juan Williams, who I beleive filled in for Bill on Monday,,,,,I am pretty sure at least a 1/2 million viewers changed the channel when he came on at 8:00,,,,,,I couldnt find the remote fast enough !!!!! and also the Casey Anthony case is taking away viewers as well. just give it a few weeks when all this boils over.

UHMM, could it be that a few hundred thousand viewers are on vacation? did we forget that late june going into the 4th of july are prime vacation weeks? oh, and on top of that,,many fox news viewers change the channel when there is a guest host?,,,the worst of them all is Juan Williams, who I beleive filled in for Bill on Monday,,,,,I am pretty sure at least a 1/2 million viewers changed the channel when he came on at 8:00,,,,,,I couldnt find the remote fast enough !!!!! and also the Casey Anthony case is taking away viewers as well. just give it a few weeks when all this boils over.

Slip sliding away...

Slip sliding away...

You know the nearer your destination, the more you're slip sliding away...

Fox is losing viewers because people are tired of the lies.
And your proof of this is...your irrational hatred of Fox? Something you saw in a wet dream? What?

And also because most of their viewers are over 65.
Funny how they keep dominating the 25-54 demographic, isn't it?
Like the segregationists before them, they will slowly die off.
Ha ha. Fox News viewers are racist. Never heard THAT before. :doubt:

Last edited:
why would anyone want to switch over from Fox to MSNBC to watch the likes of Maddcow,Tingles,Schultz and that Ferret Face character(no one knows his name) that has the 6pm spot. I get it! maybe 100,000 fox viewers need to induce vomiting for medical reasons(or swallowed poison) and switch to MSNBC?

I can't speak for anyone else but I've been watching otf's (other than fox) lately because I want to see just what kind of blatantly one sided dogma they will come out with next. MSNBC for example is amazing. It's like a foreign country delivering news content to Americans. I want to see just how crazy they will get before 2012.

Last edited:

This is becoming redundant, but the latest ratings survey once again has Fox News slouching alone as the only cable news network to lose viewers year-over-year. The decline holds for both total viewers and for the 25-54 year old demographic, with the worst showing a double-digit decline in the demo for primetime.

This is an enduring pattern of late for Fox which has been losing audience for months while retaining their top slot in the small pond of cable news.

The next quarter will be interesting in that it will be the first without Fox's big asylum draw, Glenn Beck. Beck's program signs off in two days, after which Beck promises that liberals will pray for the days when he was on TV. If he believes that, his delusions are becoming more severe.

Who produced these stats?
You do not know how to click the link in the first sentence of the OP?

No wonder you're Rightwing - you're a dope! :lol:

Well considering the fact that's is all wrong.

Fox leads followed by MSNBC then CNN.

Fox still gets more viewership then the next two stations combined, and still have the top 12 Cable news programs on television.

You people are believing blogger BS and hoping that it's true.

It's not I'm afraid.

well some of us do switch back and forth to MSNBC out of curiosity to see what they're reporting,,,,I often start off watching Chrissy to see what his lead stories are,,,and as usual,,,they are never the most concerning and leading issues& stories,,,it's often just the latest insults of GOP candidates,,,,,for example: Chris Matthews: good evening and welcome to Harball,,,tonights leading story,,,,why is Michele Bachmann attracting such huge crowds when most of American sees her as a Flake? and in the meantime we could be having an earthquake in Los Angeles,.....but with Chrissy.....Insulting Michele B. supercedes all other american crisis's

Slip sliding away...

Slip sliding away...

You know the nearer your destination, the more you're slip sliding away...

Dude.......the Global Warming thread is in the Humor section.

ughh, I just accidently swallowed a glass of Tide (fruity berry flavor) guess I thought it was ice-tea,,,well I need to go vomit,,,,is racheal maddcow on by chance? I only have two hours to regergitate!!!

:lol:

You libs are total idiots, do you know that? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

From the same website you used to "prove" Fox News is having a slump!

Ratings
Q2 2011 Ratings: Fox News Has Top 12 Cable News Shows

By Merrill Knox on June 28, 2011 5:35 PM

As usual, Fox News Channel dominated the cable news ratings in Q2 2011, beating out CNN and MSNBC combined in both primetime and total day. Here’s how the network fared in Q2 2011:
  • Primetime (Mon-Sun): 1.809M Total Viewers / 413K A25-54
  • Total Day (Mon-Sun): 1.027M Total Viewers / 269K A25-54
FNC had the top 12 cable news shows in total viewers and the top eight cable news shows in the A25-54 demographic. The primetime lineup continues to be a consistent ratings draw, with “The O’Reilly Factor” (2.824M/636K) and “Hannity” (2.036M/501K) topping the list of cable news shows in both categories.

Q2 2011 Ratings: Fox News Has Top 12 Cable News Shows - TVNewser

Fox news is slumping to CNN? Only in you clueless libs fantasies!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FoxNews is like the boy who cried wolf...

If you lie all the time, sooner or later people stop believing you.

Again, you have to feel sorry for libs who saw CNN go from 1st place to the cellar and taxpayer funded PBS turn into a joke. CBS's big chance to use forged documents turned into a debacle. Why post this stuff while FOX is still numero uno in every news category? Huffy orders it? Lefties think wishful thinking leads to reality? Libs are really funny these days.

LMAO - Rating slup

You dumb fvcker.

Fox News still beats all other news channels combined.

That's because the Republican party is 90% white, old and dying. So far, they are trying to take the world with them.

They are certainly trying to take America with them.

But they will lose in the end.

You can't disenfranchise the student vote, and then expect the students to vote Republican!

FoxNews is like the boy who cried wolf...

If you lie all the time, sooner or later people stop believing you.

Again, you have to feel sorry for libs who saw CNN go from 1st place to the cellar and taxpayer funded PBS turn into a joke. CBS's big chance to use forged documents turned into a debacle. Why post this stuff while FOX is still numero uno in every news category? Huffy orders it? Lefties think wishful thinking leads to reality? Libs are really funny these days.

Progressive ideas always win out in the end.

You are on the wrong side of history.

Forum List

Back