Fox News: American Pravda

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Fox News is even worse than you think.

During the 2020 election cycle, the Biden campaign paid for ads to be aired on Fox.

Before airing the ads, Rupert Murdoch sent the ads to Jared Kushner so the Trump campaign could pre-emptively prepare responses to those ads.

That is a blatant violation of the law, and shows just how craven the American Pravda propagandists have become.

Here, Fox Corporation was not acting as a press entity when Murdoch provided the Committee with the Biden advertisements. Murdoch’s actions fail both parts of the Commission’s two factor test for whether Fox Corporation was acting in its legitimate press function. First, the Biden advertisements had not aired at the time that Murdoch provided information about it to the Committee and, therefore, the material was not available to the general public. Second, Murdoch provided the Biden advertisements and information to the Committee through a private, and secret, direct communication. This “distribution” is diametrically opposed to Fox Corporation’s regular press activity broadcasting news programming through television and radio outlets and online publications. Murdoch’s secret conveyance of the Biden advertisement is even less like press activity than a cablecasting company sending campaign flyers in its bills – and neither can be protected by the press Exemption.

Fox Corporation, through Murdoch, appears to have engaged in the exact type of campaign activity to which the Commission has repeatedly affirmed the press exemption does not apply. Therefore, Fox Corporation cannot try to exploit the press exemption to avoid the consequences of making an illegal corporate in-kind contribution.

New text messages reveal Fox’s Hannity advising Trump White House and seeking direction​

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and Fox’s Sean Hannity exchanged more than 80 text messages between Election Day 2020 and Joe Biden’s January 2021 inauguration, communications that show Hannity’s evolution from staunch supporter of former President Donald Trump’s election lies to being “fed up” with the “lunatics” hurting Trump’s cause in the days before January 6.
[snip]
On the afternoon of Election Day, Hannity texted Meadows at 1:36 p.m. to ask about turnout in North Carolina. Two hours later, Meadows responded: “Stress every vote matters. Get out and vote. On radio.”

“Yes sir,” Hannity replied. “On it. Any place in particular we need a push.”

“Pennsylvania. NC AZ,” Meadows wrote, adding: “Nevada.”

“Got it. Everywhere,” Hannity said.

The texts also show the two men debating Trump’s strategy to challenge the election, complaining about Fox, and plotting about what to do after Trump left office – including possibly working together.

“You also need to spend at least half your time doing business with us,” Hannity texted Meadows on December 12. “And I’m serious. Did u ever talk to Fox. I’ve been at war with them.”

“I agree. We can make a powerful team,” Meadows responded. “I did not talk with (Fox News CEO) Suzanne (Scott) because I got tied up with pardons but I will make sure I connect. You are a true patriot and I am so very proud of you! Your friendship means a great deal to me.”

Fox exec: Hannity, Carlson shows are not ‘credible’ sources of news​

David Clark, senior vice president for weekend news and programming for Fox News, testified in his deposition that he was responsible for overseeing Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo. Asked whether he considered that show to be a “credible source of news,” Clark answered: “I don’t know.”

A Dominion lawyer followed up, incredulously: “You don’t know as the executive in charge of Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo, whether her show is a credible source of news?”

Clark replied: “I am going to answer the question yes.”

Inside the Panic at Fox News After the 2020 Election​

Typically, it is a point of pride for a news network to be the first to project election winners. But Fox is no typical news network, and in the days following the 2020 vote, it was besieged with angry protests not only from President Donald J. Trump’s camp but from its own viewers because it had called the battleground state of Arizona for Mr. Biden. Never mind that the call was correct; Fox executives worried that they would lose viewers to hard-right competitors like Newsmax.
[snip]
Maybe, the Fox executives mused, they should abandon the sophisticated new election-projecting system in which Fox had invested millions of dollars and revert to the slower, less accurate model. Or maybe they should base calls not solely on numbers but on how viewers might react. Or maybe they should delay calls, even if they were right, to keep the audience in suspense and boost viewership.

Wow.

Just...wow.

Inside the Panic at Fox News After the 2020 Election

Typically, it is a point of pride for a news network to be the first to project election winners. But Fox is no typical news network, and in the days following the 2020 vote, it was besieged with angry protests not only from President Donald J. Trump’s camp but from its own viewers because it had called the battleground state of Arizona for Mr. Biden. Never mind that the call was correct; Fox executives worried that they would lose viewers to hard-right competitors like Newsmax.
[snip]
Maybe, the Fox executives mused, they should abandon the sophisticated new election-projecting system in which Fox had invested millions of dollars and revert to the slower, less accurate model. Or maybe they should base calls not solely on numbers but on how viewers might react. Or maybe they should delay calls, even if they were right, to keep the audience in suspense and boost viewership.

Wow.

Just...wow.
since youre the only one commenting you must be trying to convince yourself of something,,

Hannity is the slimiest pile of shit to ever have a mike shoved in his fat overstuffed yap.
Hannity looks like he so badly wants to wear a swastika armband.

He already has the necessary black suits.

Hannity looks like he so badly wants to wear a swastika armband.

He already has the necessary black suits.
The worst thing about those maggots is this lawsuit isn't going to change a thing as far as Hannity & the rest of them are concerned. The only way to nail their asses is to nail there bank accounts. That won't happen in this case.

Fox News is even worse than you think.

During the 2020 election cycle, the Biden campaign paid for ads to be aired on Fox.

Before airing the ads, Rupert Murdoch sent the ads to Jared Kushner so the Trump campaign could pre-emptively prepare responses to those ads.

That is a blatant violation of the law, and shows just how craven the American Pravda propagandists have become.

Here, Fox Corporation was not acting as a press entity when Murdoch provided the Committee with the Biden advertisements. Murdoch’s actions fail both parts of the Commission’s two factor test for whether Fox Corporation was acting in its legitimate press function. First, the Biden advertisements had not aired at the time that Murdoch provided information about it to the Committee and, therefore, the material was not available to the general public. Second, Murdoch provided the Biden advertisements and information to the Committee through a private, and secret, direct communication. This “distribution” is diametrically opposed to Fox Corporation’s regular press activity broadcasting news programming through television and radio outlets and online publications. Murdoch’s secret conveyance of the Biden advertisement is even less like press activity than a cablecasting company sending campaign flyers in its bills – and neither can be protected by the press Exemption.

Fox Corporation, through Murdoch, appears to have engaged in the exact type of campaign activity to which the Commission has repeatedly affirmed the press exemption does not apply. Therefore, Fox Corporation cannot try to exploit the press exemption to avoid the consequences of making an illegal corporate in-kind contribution.
if you dont like fox why not stop watching it...and if you dont watch then obviously you dont even know what you are whining about

Great OP!!

I had no idea reporters were allowed to have a political bias!

Fox should be as fair and unbiased as CNN and all the other networks!!

Fox News: American Pravda​

Pravda, as you recall, was a state-controlled propaganda machine for the Soviet Union (a country once much-loved by the American Left until it embraced Capitalism)

Fox News, on the other hand, is a purely private entity that, like all private news organizations, presents that political bent that it believes will gain it the larger viewing audience (as has been validated by its ratings compared to other private news organizations like CNN and MSNBC).

If you don't like what the report on Fox News, you're under no obligation to watch it.

I understand how it becomes necessary for the rube viewers of Fox News to clamp their hands over their eyes to avoid facing the fact Fox Fake News has been gaslighting them for years.

Name one media outlet that doesn't do the same.

Forum List

Back