Fox Nabs Historic Ratings Victory!!!

LOL, someone needs to tell Lakhota and NYCarb. Their heads are REALLY going to explode.

Why? Are they ad buyers?

"Ratings victory" means they can charge more for ad time than their competition can and so make more money.

I'm not clear on why that matters to anyone here.

It seems to matter to you.

Don't see how. I'm not the one who posts threads like this and gushes over them as if it's putting money in my pocket.

I gotta wonder what it is they think ratings actually represent... :dunno

Pogo's convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt he could tune in Fox, MSNBC, CNN, or any other news show and not be informed about anything.

Exactly. In that I'm no different from anybody else.

Of course when you say "news" you need quotation marks because news is not what they do, any more than food is what McDonald's does.

LOL, someone needs to tell Lakhota and NYCarb. Their heads are REALLY going to explode.

Why? Are they ad buyers?

"Ratings victory" means they can charge more for ad time than their competition can and so make more money.

Don't see how. I'm not the one who posts threads like this and gushes over them as if it's putting money in my pocket.

It means money for the network, it means the network has shows that will are topping the competition and means they are on the right track for revenue dollars from advertisers. It also gives them an idea what currently works and what does not.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Why? Are they ad buyers?

It means money for the network, it means the network has shows that will are topping the competition and means they are on the right track for revenue dollars from advertisers. It also gives them an idea what currently works and what does not.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

.... And?

Again, from the beginning, why would anyone here care whether Network A or Network B is making more ad dollars, unless they're buying and selling those ads? Doesn't add up.

Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory - Hollywood Reporter

Geez.......this is gonna make the heads of the lefties explode!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

This part was really the cherry on top for me.

The wondrous anomaly of Shark Tank encores also continues. With the ABC reality competition in heavy off-net rotation on CBNBC, those repeats are outperforming much of cable news and ranking No. 14 in primetime where adults 25-54 are concerned — besting every telecast on MSNBC.

In other words, more people would rather watch RE-RUNS of some rich capitalists deciding whose invention or business venture to invest in.

Over ANY MSNBC show!

And to add insult to injury, "Shark Tank" is a rip off the Canadian show "Dragon's Den" featuring two of that show's regulars.

The lib channels don't have any followers which is why they are LIV's who voted for Obama. They can't tell whats happening on Main St. as they post stupid videos on FB. Obama supporters think they know it all. Looking for information and then forming their OWN opinions is abstract.

Remember, those evil 1%er's is all that mattered

-Geaux

"Victory" here means they get to charge more for ad time.
I'm not sure why that matters to anyone here...
Crystal clear the lefty slop MSNBCs flingin' nightly has virtually zero appeal beyond the low-information-idiots wing of the dim party.

In a complete ass kicking in average primetime viewers, Fox creams the libby network by 1,240,000 folks. And pouring salt on their wounds, it's nice to see in the money category of the 25-54 age demo it was record quarterly lows for big hitters Hayes-Maddow-O'Donnell, likely because 21% of their former viewers developed chronic dry heaves and figured out why.

At Fox though their average 25-54 viewing audience grew by 12% to more than double MSNBCs, 313,000 vs. 150,000.

Note to the suits: Time to move race hustler Al Sharpton and that black woman on earlier in the day up to Prime Time nightly. Heck, how much worse could it get?

Again, television has nothing to do with "information", low or high.
Post 7 sums up what's being "sold".

You are a fucking idiot.

Of course television has something to do with information, it's not just entertainment.

Pogo's convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt he could tune in Fox, MSNBC, CNN, or any other news show and not be informed about anything.

Exactly. In that I'm no different from anybody else.

Of course when you say "news" you need quotation marks because news is not what they do, any more than food is what McDonald's does.

McDonald's doesn't do food?

You are one retarded fuck.

There's a lot of truthmatters in pogo. It's striking.

I have no idea what the fuck that means. I suspect you don't either.
But I do know how electronic media works.

You don't know anything.

You are a retard that makes statements like McDonalds doesn't do food and news stations doesn't do news.

You are as clueless as truthmatters and it's quite possible you are one and the same.

Crystal clear the lefty slop MSNBCs flingin' nightly has virtually zero appeal beyond the low-information-idiots wing of the dim party.

In a complete ass kicking in average primetime viewers, Fox creams the libby network by 1,240,000 folks. And pouring salt on their wounds, it's nice to see in the money category of the 25-54 age demo it was record quarterly lows for big hitters Hayes-Maddow-O'Donnell, likely because 21% of their former viewers developed chronic dry heaves and figured out why.

At Fox though their average 25-54 viewing audience grew by 12% to more than double MSNBCs, 313,000 vs. 150,000.

Note to the suits: Time to move race hustler Al Sharpton and that black woman on earlier in the day up to Prime Time nightly. Heck, how much worse could it get?

You are a fucking idiot.

Of course television has something to do with information, it's not just entertainment.

True, it's not just entertainment; television is first and foremost a propaganda device for selling advertising. That's all it ever has been.
Whatever "entertainment" is in it is "entertainment" in the same sense that the detritus McDonald's sells is "food" -- all packaging, no substance.

But I already said that.

We'll just wait for you to catch up.

You don't know anything.

You are a retard that makes statements like McDonalds doesn't do food and news stations doesn't do news.

You are as clueless as truthmatters and it's quite possible you are one and the same.

What the fuck is this "truthmatters"?

Wassamatta, little boy? Can't handle the point?

You are a fucking idiot.

True, it's not just entertainment; television is first and foremost a propaganda device for selling advertising. That's all it ever has been. Whatever "entertainment" is in it is entertainment in the same sense that the detritus McDonald's sells is "food".

But I already said that.

Propaganda? Ads are now propaganda?

Do you even know what "propaganda" means?

Of course McDonald's sells food, they damn sure aren't selling cars, furniture or toiletries.

You don't know anything.

What the fuck is this "truthmatters"?

Wassamatta, little boy? Can't handle the point?

You haven't made a point.

You are a fucking idiot.

True, it's not just entertainment; television is first and foremost a propaganda device for selling advertising. That's all it ever has been. Whatever "entertainment" is in it is entertainment in the same sense that the detritus McDonald's sells is "food".

But I already said that.

Of course McDonald's sells food, they damn sure aren't selling cars, furniture or toiletries.

and the quality of faux news is about on par with a macdonalds burger

You are a fucking idiot.

But I already said that.

Advertising has by definition always been propaganda. Hucksters enticing us to buy crap we don't need.

As for that food reference, maybe this is all beyond your comprehension...

LJZfc.gif

Forum List

Back