Fox Deceptively Edits Obama Remarks To Portray Him Dismissing Benghazi Attack Victims

Fox Deceptively Edits Obama Remarks To Portray Him Dismissing Benghazi Attack Victims

Fox News accused President Obama of dismissing as a "sideshow" four Americans killed in attacks in Benghazi, Libya, by distorting remarks he made at a press conference.

During a May 13 press conference, Obama responded to a question regarding the September 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi and the initial talking points used to describe the attack.

Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson accused Obama of dismissing the victims of the attack as a "sideshow," using a version of Obama's response cropped by Fox:

XPGTL.jpg

They were cauight lying about Tea Party rally attendance; and now this?

Not surprising at all. People who depend on Fox as their sole news sorce are pitifully uninformed.

not really fake independants spewing their liberal bullshit are uninformed...so what was MSNBC talking about?

If you watched Fox you know about
Cleveland rapist
Kermit Gosnell
BenGhazi
The IRS scandal
We all knew the IRS was political, it was supremely informed people like you that denied it......OOOOOPS
The wire tapping scandal

so you guys just caught up....maybe

I have little use for either extreme, but at least the left was able to admit it when NBC cooked the story.
The far right will swallow lies before admiting their Gospel according to Fox is yanking them around like puppets.

Actually it should have been titled "Media Matters Says Fox Deceptively Edits"......

Media matters...LOL

but still we missed this
Obama began his response by saying that "Americans died in Benghazi." He followed by asserting that he wanted to ensure that a similar situation doesn't happen again and that the assailants would be "held accountable":

So where are the full remarks, the player isnt loading.....so what did we miss that was substantial?

Media matters...LOL

but still we missed this
Obama began his response by saying that "Americans died in Benghazi." He followed by asserting that he wanted to ensure that a similar situation doesn't happen again and that the assailants would be "held accountable":

So where are the full remarks, the player isnt loading.....so what did we miss that was substantial?

Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Cameron of the United Kingdom in Joint Press Conference | The White House

With respect to Benghazi, we've now seen this argument that's been made by some folks primarily up on Capitol Hill for months now. And I've just got to say -- here's what we know. Americans died in Benghazi. What we also know is clearly they were not in a position where they were adequately protected. The day after it happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism. And what I pledged to the American people was that we would find out what happened, we would make sure that it did not happen again, and we would make sure that we held accountable those who had perpetrated this terrible crime.

And that's exactly what we've been trying to do. And over the last several months, there was a review board headed by two distinguished Americans -- Mike Mullen and Tom Pickering -- who investigated every element of this. And what they discovered was some pretty harsh judgments in terms of how we had worked to protect consulates and embassies around the world. They gave us a whole series of recommendations. Those recommendations are being implemented as we speak.

The whole issue of talking points, frankly, throughout this process has been a sideshow. What we have been very clear about throughout was that immediately after this event happened we were not clear who exactly had carried it out, how it had occurred, what the motivations were. It happened at the same time as we had seen attacks on U.S. embassies in Cairo as a consequence of this film. And nobody understood exactly what was taking place during the course of those first few days.

And the emails that you allude to were provided by us to congressional committees. They reviewed them several months ago, concluded that, in fact, there was nothing afoul in terms of the process that we had used. And suddenly, three days ago, this gets spun up as if there’s something new to the story. There’s no “there” there.

Keep in mind, by the way, these so-called talking points that were prepared for Susan Rice five, six days after the event occurred pretty much matched the assessments that I was receiving at that time in my presidential daily briefing. And keep in mind that two to three days after Susan Rice appeared on the Sunday shows, using these talking points, which have been the source of all this controversy, I sent up the head of our National Counterterrorism Center, Matt Olsen, up to Capitol Hill and specifically said it was an act of terrorism and that extremist elements inside of Libya had been involved in it.

Media Matters??

Color me shocked. They wrote a negative story on FOX news.

Holy cow. Guess I'll take that puppy to the bank. NOT

And that's exactly what we've been trying to do. And over the last several months, there was a review board headed by two distinguished Americans -- Mike Mullen and Tom Pickering -- who investigated every element of this. And what they discovered was some pretty harsh judgments in terms of how we had worked to protect consulates and embassies around the world. They gave us a whole series of recommendations. Those recommendations are being implemented as we speak.

The IG is investigating this "investigation" which did not question Hilary.

The whole issue of talking points, frankly, throughout this process has been a sideshow. What we have been very clear about throughout was that immediately after this event happened we were not clear who exactly had carried it out, how it had occurred, what the motivations were. It happened at the same time as we had seen attacks on U.S. embassies in Cairo as a consequence of this film. And nobody understood exactly what was taking place during the course of those first few days.

Abject lie. They knew immediately who it was and they were watching it go down. NOBODY that mattered thought it was the video.

Keep in mind, by the way, these so-called talking points that were prepared for Susan Rice five, six days after the event occurred pretty much matched the assessments that I was receiving at that time in my presidential daily briefing. And keep in mind that two to three days after Susan Rice appeared on the Sunday shows, using these talking points, which have been the source of all this controversy, I sent up the head of our National Counterterrorism Center, Matt Olsen, up to Capitol Hill and specifically said it was an act of terrorism and that extremist elements inside of Libya had been involved in it.

He counts on his pathetic lap dogs to believe this, we now know all this is a lie.

Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Cameron of the United Kingdom in Joint Press Conference | The White House

With respect to Benghazi, we've now seen this argument that's been made by some folks primarily up on Capitol Hill for months now. And I've just got to say -- here's what we know. Americans died in Benghazi. What we also know is clearly they were not in a position where they were adequately protected. The day after it happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism. And what I pledged to the American people was that we would find out what happened, we would make sure that it did not happen again, and we would make sure that we held accountable those who had perpetrated this terrible crime.

And the emails that you allude to were provided by us to congressional committees. They reviewed them several months ago, concluded that, in fact, there was nothing afoul in terms of the process that we had used. And suddenly, three days ago, this gets spun up as if there’s something new to the story. There’s no “there” there.

I know you believe every word of that....

But then again, you believed Obama when he said he wouldn't cum in your mouth - and look how THAT turned out?

Fox edited it?
They showed clips of Obama's speech.
What did you want them to do, show the whole speech?
If they did, they would not have had the time to talk about it, before they would have had to go to a commercial.
They were talking about a certain part of his speech.
Like Gretchen said, Was it a sideshow to the parents of the fallen Americans, who want answers as to what really happened.
Fox did nothing wrong.

But then again, you believed Obama when he said he wouldn't cum in your mouth - and look how THAT turned out?

Interesting sexual reference. :cool:

It's not a matter of belief, it's a matter of record.

When you resort to such foul mouthed comments I believe you've reached your wits end. :eusa_whistle:

It's not a matter of belief, it's a matter of record.

What is a matter of record is that the Administration has engaged in a campaign of lies and coverups. The lies directly to the American people that this was a protest about some video. The lies during the debate, by Obama and Candy Crowley to distract from facts that would harm the Obama reelection. The coverups by Clinton, including perjury before congress. (Perjury is a Clinton family value.) 12 revisions of the White House lying points in hopes of deceiving the American public.

Look, you're a partisan hack, you care only about your party - we get it. BUT Obama is a crook, who has brought shame on this nation with his criminal behavior. Obama was desperate to campaign on the fiction that he had defeated Al Qaeda, that a campaign of out right lies was undertaken. Notice how the toddler in chief is fully responsible for the defeat of Al Qaeda - but when it's revealed that U.S. forces were ordered to stand down in rescue attempts - suddenly Obama is not involved in military matters...

When you resort to such foul mouthed comments I believe you've reached your wits end. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, should I have said "the checks in the mail?"

Forum List

Back