FOX and the Wall Street Journal

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
It did not take long for Murdoch to begin perverting the independence of the Wall Street Journal, now that he owns it. They are regular guests on FOX news now spewing their far right ideologies. So much for independence in the Media.

It did not take long for Murdoch to begin perverting the independence of the Wall Street Journal, now that he owns it. They are regular guests on FOX news now spewing their far right ideologies. So much for independence in the Media.
Yes, there should be no resistance. There should be no adversarial relationship between the WH and the press. All media should get in bed with this administration.

The Wall Street Journal was once an independent media outlet. It never railed on MSNBC or CNN, which I assume you see as liberal media. But now that they are owned by Murdock, they are regulars on FOX.

This is just another independent that has falled to a right winger with money. But do keep railing on the liberal media...

The Wall Street Journal was once an independent media outlet. It never railed on MSNBC or CNN.
Complete garbage. Your research has lots to be asked for.

This is regurgitated kool-aid.

But then again, it's not surprising that about the only two media outlets not sucking Obama's dick, get "railed on" by idiot zealots of this cult.

cry us a river stoopit,, you watch MSNBC donchaya?

So you admit that WSJ is now a puppet for Murdock and the far right? Thanks

Please stay away from NPR or the AP. You might pick up some independent journalism. AGGGHHHAAASSST!

If you have been watching FOX for any length of time, you are no longer capable of reaching and independent decision. Unless you are fed their conclusion to any news item, I am sure you will find the AP or NRP confusing.

Are you saying that CNN and MSNBC and all major msm television venues exclude WSJ reporters? where's the prejudice?

All of these comments are short sighted and deny what is really happening. Murdock is determined to control the media. The WSJ is the first to fall. He may go on to take CNN and MSNBC, so that only one voice will be heard.

The family that sold the WSJ was afraid he would do this. So he assured him that he wouldn't subvert the paper. You know...He told them what he wanted them to believe like any other good right winger. Only thing wrong was...it was untrue. But, since it was from the far right, that is okay...

tinfoil.jpg

All of these comments are short sighted and deny what is really happening. Murdock is determined to control the media. The WSJ is the first to fall. He may go on to take CNN and MSNBC, so that only one voice will be heard.

The family that sold the WSJ was afraid he would do this. So he assured him that he wouldn't subvert the paper. You know...He told them what he wanted them to believe like any other good right winger. Only thing wrong was...it was untrue. But, since it was from the far right, that is okay...

Of course, you are to provide the proof of your proclamations in your next post, right?

cartoon-gimme-an-o-600.jpg

obama-pied-piper.jpg

I'm just sooooo sorry you're disappointed.

I regret to inform you President Obama will not be adding Fox News to his

cheerleading team.​

Last edited:
So you admit that WSJ is now a puppet for Murdock and the far right? Thanks
It's Murdoch, idiot. He's Australian. He's a global media mogul, a financier whose main objective is to make money. And he endorsed Barack Obama. He was asked about this and said, "Yeah. He is a rock star. It's fantastic. I love what he is saying about education. I don't think he will win Florida... but he will win in Ohio and the election. I am anxious to meet him. I want to see if he will walk the walk."
Please stay away from NPR or the AP. You might pick up some independent journalism. AGGGHHHAAASSST!
NPR is state-sponsored. Why do you want a state sponsored news organization, and how can you call it journalism when it's state sponsored? The AP? Only a shell of its former self, came out during the campaign as a cheerleader and shill for Obama.
If you have been watching FOX for any length of time, you are no longer capable of reaching and independent decision. Unless you are fed their conclusion to any news item, I am sure you will find the AP or NRP confusing.
You're doing a good job of parroting what you have been spoonfed, but it is you who are confused. It's NPR not NRP.

I'll show you this one more time. Murdoch endorsed Barack Obama. When asked about this, he said, "Yeah. He is a rock star. It's fantastic. I love what he is saying about education. I don't think he will win Florida... but he will win in Ohio and the election. I am anxious to meet him. I want to see if he will walk the walk."

Your entire argument is a pathetic fail, because of your blind ignorance of the topic.

And once again, I'll ask, Would you rather have ALL news organizations in the tank for Obama, or would you rather they do their job as a watchdog? The Fourth Estate. Know what that is?

I have to say, as a daily reader of the WSJ, I think the paper has actually gotten better with Murdoch. When he first bought it, he stripped out all the business in the first section and put in nothing but politics. I thought about dropping it because that's not why I buy the paper. Circulation then plummeted and he put back all the business stuff and kept some of the political and independent stuff. He also added another page of opinion and even added a liberal columnist.

The WSJ has always had a very conservative opinion page but the content has always been high class, straight A, unpartisan reporting. The paper had always done a very good job separating the editorial from the reporting. There was a lot of concern that Murdoch would blend the two - a la Fox News - but that has not happened at all. The paper remains a must-read for me.

As for the concern about the WSJ going on Fox, that's no big deal. The WSJ used to go on CNBC all the time. One of the reasons why Murdoch bought the WSJ was so that he could cross the different platforms and create synergies between different media outlets. That is good business.

Last edited:
I have to say, as a daily reader of the WSJ, I think the paper has actually gotten better with Murdoch. When he first bought it, he stripped out all the business in the first section and put in nothing but politics. I thought about dropping it because that's not why I buy the paper. Circulation then plummeted and he put back all the business stuff and kept some of the political and independent stuff. He also added another page of opinion and even added a liberal columnist.

The WSJ has always had a very conservative opinion page but the content has always been high class, straight A, unpartisan reporting. The paper had always done a very good job separating the editorial from the reporting. There was a lot of concern that Murdoch would blend the two - a la Fox News - but that has not happened at all. The paper remains a must-read for me.

As for the concern about the WSJ going on Fox, that's no big deal. The WSJ used to go on CNBC all the time. One of the reasons why Murdoch bought the WSJ was so that he could cross the different platforms and create synergies between different media outlets. That is good business.
He was actually buying the Bancroft's company, the Dow Jones, which included WSJ as a subsidiary. The Bancrofts put the deal up to a vote of their shareholders, who approved the sale overwhelmingly.

In the 80s and 90s, WSJ was repeatedly attacked for dishonest reporting. This was brought up again in 1995 by the Columbia Journalism review, and of course was long before Murdoch's 2007 purchase.

To the OP: Does the NPR's Juan Williams constantly appearing on Fox News and guest hosting O'Reilly's show in his absence bother you? Because using your standard, it should.

Right?

Forum List

Back