FOX and the Wall Street Journal

I have to say, as a daily reader of the WSJ, I think the paper has actually gotten better with Murdoch. When he first bought it, he stripped out all the business in the first section and put in nothing but politics. I thought about dropping it because that's not why I buy the paper. Circulation then plummeted and he put back all the business stuff and kept some of the political and independent stuff. He also added another page of opinion and even added a liberal columnist.

The WSJ has always had a very conservative opinion page but the content has always been high class, straight A, unpartisan reporting. The paper had always done a very good job separating the editorial from the reporting. There was a lot of concern that Murdoch would blend the two - a la Fox News - but that has not happened at all. The paper remains a must-read for me.

As for the concern about the WSJ going on Fox, that's no big deal. The WSJ used to go on CNBC all the time. One of the reasons why Murdoch bought the WSJ was so that he could cross the different platforms and create synergies between different media outlets. That is good business.

The fact is that various freelancers who regularly write for the WSJ have been occasional guests on Fox for a very long time now, certainly longer than Murdock has been involved. The fact is that the WSJ news desk has been left of center for a very long time while the editorial page has been more right of center, but, as you say, the WSJ editorial policy is of the highest standards and scholarship.

The Journal Report started out on CNBC and moved to PBS in 2004 when CNBC pulled the plug on them. It moved to Fox News in 2006 BEFORE Murdock's involvement. I have watched it for years and can see absolutely no change in any of the moves. The move to Fox was a business decision--higher ratings and better pay--more than having anything to do with ideology.

If somebody wants bias, however, look to the new ownership of NBC and its cable affiliates CNBC and MSNBC, now owned by GE. GE is fully in bed with the Obama administration and stands to make billions under the new Cap and Trade legislation if it passes. For some strange reason, it has therefore ordered its news outlets to say nothing negative about the President or his agenda but has pulled out all the stops to allow and encourage total savaging of administration critics.

So much for objectivity in the news.

I have to say, as a daily reader of the WSJ, I think the paper has actually gotten better with Murdoch. When he first bought it, he stripped out all the business in the first section and put in nothing but politics. I thought about dropping it because that's not why I buy the paper. Circulation then plummeted and he put back all the business stuff and kept some of the political and independent stuff. He also added another page of opinion and even added a liberal columnist.

The WSJ has always had a very conservative opinion page but the content has always been high class, straight A, unpartisan reporting. The paper had always done a very good job separating the editorial from the reporting. There was a lot of concern that Murdoch would blend the two - a la Fox News - but that has not happened at all. The paper remains a must-read for me.

As for the concern about the WSJ going on Fox, that's no big deal. The WSJ used to go on CNBC all the time. One of the reasons why Murdoch bought the WSJ was so that he could cross the different platforms and create synergies between different media outlets. That is good business.

The fact is that various freelancers who regularly write for the WSJ have been occasional guests on Fox for a very long time now, certainly longer than Murdock has been involved. The fact is that the WSJ news desk has been left of center for a very long time while the editorial page has been more right of center, but, as you say, the WSJ editorial policy is of the highest standards and scholarship.

The Journal Report started out on CNBC and moved to PBS in 2004 when CNBC pulled the plug on them. It moved to Fox News in 2006 BEFORE Murdock's involvement. I have watched it for years and can see absolutely no change in any of the moves. The move to Fox was a business decision--higher ratings and better pay--more than having anything to do with ideology.

If somebody wants bias, however, look to the new ownership of NBC and its cable affiliates CNBC and MSNBC, now owned by GE. GE is fully in bed with the Obama administration and stands to make billions under the new Cap and Trade legislation if it passes. For some strange reason, it has therefore ordered its news outlets to say nothing negative about the President or his agenda but has pulled out all the stops to allow and encourage total savaging of administration critics.

So much for objectivity in the news.
now dont go spoiling jims conspiracy

Forum List

Back