Found: The secret of looking up to 40 years younger

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Found: The secret of looking up to 40 years younger is chemical that rewinds the effects of old age can make you look 20 again | Mail Online

Found: The secret of looking up to 40 years younger is chemical that rewinds the effects of old age and can make you look 20 again
Harvard Medical School made the discovery
A protein found in all living cells called NAD could be the key
They are also exploring whether it can be used to treat rare diseases....

Tests on two-year-old mice who had been given the NAD-producing compound for just one week had body tissue which resembled that of a six-month old.

Professor David Sinclair, an expert in genetics at Harvard Medical School said: 'In human years, this would be like a 60-year-old converting to a 20-year-old in these specific areas.'

The compound works by restoring communication between energy cells within the body which have broken down as we get older.

Cool beans.

tv actresses doing that already

lol

But with this the look will be real and not require any face mangling surgery.

I have not yet seen a person age well that did much cosmetic surgery. Seems that scars don't quite stretch the way regular skin does and this makes the face distort in various unnatural ways.

There are numerous drugs widely available already that do this popular in Hollywood.

Think instead of worrying about how we look as we age, we should focus more on how smart we are. I'll take my above average IQ over looking a decade or two younger any day.

There are numerous drugs widely available already that do this popular in Hollywood.

Think instead of worrying about how we look as we age, we should focus more on how smart we are. I'll take my above average IQ over looking a decade or two younger any day.

its not an either/or situation bruv.

if your cells are less degenerated, you can live a bit longer and feel a bit fresher while using your iq all the while.

No, there are no drugs that rejuvenate you tissues on the market these days, dude.

Honestly, you might want to slow down when you read and give your above average IQ time to attain comprehension.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGIO-8IZaQg]JEUNESSE® Dr Nathan Newman Explains Concept Behind LUMINESCE? - YouTube[/ame]

Anti-aging formula slated to begin human trials | I Fucking Love Science

The secret to reversing aging, as it turns out, is hidden in the mitochondria. In humans and most other species, mitochondrial DNA is passed down only by the mother. These genes are responsible for becoming the cellular powerhouse and generating ATP, which cells use for energy. The team discovered that, over time, genes from the mitochondrial genome stop interacting with genes from the nuclear genome. Administering NAD+ reverses this trend and encourages communication.

NAD+ is involved in redox reactions, which regulate electron transfer in metabolic processes. As the mice grew older and less active, their levels of NAD+ had basically been cut in half. By replenishing this critical compound in the mice, their muscles had been rejuvenated. The natural process that deteriorates skeletal muscle is the same one that affects the heart.

Human trials of NAD+ treatments will begin in 2014. If the results are anything like what was experienced by the mice, it will be the equivalent of a 60 year old having the fitness of a 20 year old. However, the treatments will not be cheap. In order to gather enough patients to do the study properly, millions of dollars will need to be raised. Though there is no telling how long it will be before this treatment hits the market, Dr. Sinclair has established a company to expedite the process if and when it is granted approval.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

The mechanism for this communication is, Professor Sinclair believes, a chemical called NAD, the levels of which decline over time. The decline can be stalled by eating less and exercising, but Professor Sinclair and his colleagues have found that it can be boosted directly by adding a compound that is then converted into NAD.

When they did so with mice they found that the "mitochondria were rejuvenated". One of Professor Sinclair's co-authors described the difference as like turning a 60-year-old into a 20-year-old.

"It was shocking how quickly it happened," said Dr Turner, from UNSW. "If the compound is administered early enough in the ageing process, in just a week, the muscles of the older mice were indistinguishable from the younger animals'."

Improvements were also seen in type 2 diabetes, muscle wasting and inflammation. If this can be replicated in humans there could be wider applications in the treatment of cancer, heart disease, and even Alzheimer's.

However, other scientists cautioned that any practical benefits were still very far off. "This is an intriguing and exciting finding," said Professor Tim Spector, of Kings College London. "It is, however, a long and tough way to go from these nice mouse experiments to showing real anti-ageing effects in humans without side effects."

Professor Sinclair hopes to begin research in humans within a year. But do we want what the research has to offer?

Having worked in ageing for many years, he is used to accusations that his end goal is a nightmare vision of a geriatric world. "We are accused of wanting to keep people old," he said. "It is quite the opposite. What we are aiming to do is keep people younger for longer. Our work could keep age-related diseases away - and hopefully also mean we do not suffer so much in the end."

I want it to save me from being confined to the tender mercies of Obamacare nursing....

Robert Plant tried it and OMG!!

cmart_img_660x305_d78d0ad1-833e-48a6-b95d-052556fcd221.jpg

tumblr_static_robert_plant02.jpg

Robert Plant tried it and OMG!!

cmart_img_660x305_d78d0ad1-833e-48a6-b95d-052556fcd221.jpg

tumblr_static_robert_plant02.jpg

Hey, guys like him will be the voluntary guinea pigs when this stuff hits the shelf.

I wont try anything unless it has been out in use for at least 5 years AND I NEED IT.

If I don't feel like I need it, I wont take it.

It might prove beneficial if the aging process in great scientists could be reversed. Would an Einstein who had benefited from an age reversal medication have produced innovations in physics in his later years?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back