Found him!

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Jesus figure spotted in spectacular northern lights display leaves spectators stunned

This is the heavenly moment the figure of Christ was spotted during a spectacular northern lights display.

Seen high in the sky, the shape of the aurora has an uncanny resemblance to that of Christ the Redeemer.

Captured during in a rare show containing vibrant colours of red, green and even purple, the Deity's head, shoulders and outstretched arms were seen hovering near the Icelandic town of Akranes.

PAY-Christ-the-Redeemer.jpg

I can imagine that the superstition and fearful would be quite impressed by this very natural light show.

More at the link.

Is this the artists' rendition?

Sorta looks like it but the article says

The breathtaking images were taken by Icelandic photographer, Jón Hilmarsson, 48, who was prompted by his ten year old son to take photographs of the vivid skies.

After venturing outside, Jón immediately noticed it was the most stunning northern lights display he had ever seen.

The headmaster then spent hours travelling to different locations to capture the dazzling display on camera.

BTW, there's also an article about the world's biggest boobs and a not-too-surprising poll at the bottom.

I can imagine that the superstition and fearful would be quite impressed by this very natural light show.

More at the link.

Yes I am sure the people of Iceland have never seen such a thing as the northern lights before. Hard to believe their civilization has not crumbled. :disbelief:

More at the link.

Yes I am sure the people of Iceland have never seen such a thing as the northern lights before. Hard to believe their civilization has not crumbled. :disbelief:

Uh, that's what I meant.

The Northern Lights are a "natural light show".

The superstitious and fearful would be impressed with seeing what they believe is god.

More at the link.

Uh, that's what I meant.

The Northern Lights are a "natural light show".

The superstitious and fearful would be impressed with seeing what they believe is god.

Perhaps they would be impressed at what they see God can do with natural light.

looks like an angle with an alligator face

cool looking though, shame a hateful person posted this

The aurora borealis is a beautiful, natural phenomenon. I can't say if these are real photos but does every thread have to be trashed with childish name calling? Why not just enjoy it for what it is, or is not?

Will people make pilgrimages to that town to see Christ in the night sky? It would be great for tourism. The town is only a cab drive away from the airport. Have there been any miracles related to the Holy Lights yet?

Forum List

Back