Forty percent of working wives earn more than do their husbands

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
That’s what David Gregory reported today on Sunday’s Meet The Press

Conversationally I broached that subject with my own working wife over breakfast.

During the past 5 years she’s earned more than I ever did before I retired.

Her comment was that “most women take their jobs a little more seriously than men do.”

Maybe that fact is reflected here at USMB in the proportions of the male/female posters.

I know, for my own part, I wouldn’t have anything to do with the internet until after I’d “retired” at 65; mostly because I believed it would be a time robber.

Discuss?

Last edited:
My husband makes twice what I do. But I've got the health insurance. Perhaps my biggest fear of socialized medicine is he really won't need me around anymore. Lol

Has the number of working women surpassed the number of working men yet?
Prior to the recession, I think women were 48% of the workforce. More men are losing their jobs than women, so I wonder if women have become over 50% of the workforce yet.

Forty percent of working wives earn more than do their husbands....60% DON'T !

Prior to the recession, I think women were 48% of the workforce. More men are losing their jobs than women, so I wonder if women have become over 50% of the workforce yet.
There may or may not be more women working than men, but in this case that fact doesn't enter in because by this measure, to make a comparison valid, there are an equal number of husbands and wives in the test group

Edit: I believe I heard that women were at 51% of the workforce during Meet The Press broadcast.

Last edited:
There may or may not be more women working than men, but in this case that fact doesn't enter in because by this measure, to make a comparison valid, there are an equal number of husbands and wives in the test group
What, no polygamy? :lol:

Edit: I believe I heard that women were at 51% of the workforce during Meet The Press broadcast.
I knew it was coming. I just wasn't sure when it was going to happen.
Does this mean I'm a minority now?

Forum List

Back