Former shipmates totally abandon ship

Former Defense secretaries blast Obama's Syria strategy - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

Maybe they're just not aware that Obama didn't draw that red line, someone else built it for him.

Well I disagree. They are assuming Obama actually had a strategy on Syria. I dont think so. I think he just says what he thinks sounds good and worries about the implications later. So when questioned about Syria he thought it would sound good to say vital interests werent threatened BUT if they crossed a red line it would be different. When they actually did cross that line at first he denied they had. Then when the evidence became stronger and he was forced to make good on his threat, first he denied he had made a threat. Then he decided to do a BilL clinton and just send some bombs. When that ran into opposition he downplayed any strike, promising it would be tiny and unbelievably ineffective. When that didnt get much support (who declares he is going to pursue an ineffective plan?) he decided to punt to Congress for political cover. When that didnt look good he threw out a Hail Mary for more cover, only to have Putin catch it and turn it around to beat Obama with it.
So really there was never a strategy on Syria. It was more like, "What can we do to make this go away?" And then respond to events as they occurred.
The worst performance by any president since Kerensky.

The neocons led by Susan Rice were and still are pushing him hard to start WWIII. It seems his reluctance to do so influenced the problem which led to Putin kicking him through the uprights. The powers behind his thrown are too much. Eventually you Barry lovers will get your war fantasies fulfilled to the degree that you will regret ever supporting this nonsense

Forum List

Back