Former Obama Staff Coming Out Of Woodwork To Confirm Obama Cut & Run From Iraq

EC 9905339 regarding BD 9905292
. We handed over a relatively stable Iraq to Obama.

Relatively stable compared to 2006 at peak violence. But not relative to march 17, 2003 prior to the US invasion. What you refer to as relatively stable in 2009 amounted to nearly 20,000 dead Iraqis that year. You also failed to handover progress toward genuine political reconciliation between the three major sects.

And according to Petraeus just recently
no one knows if a continued presence of US troops would have made a difference. I don't apologize for trusting Petraeus' judgment and opinion on that over your vulgar political cheap shots at the current Admin.

I've already explained WMD to you. You Dems aren't going to get away with this lie anymore either.....all your DEM heroes voted for this so called mess you want to hang ONLY on Bush.

Besides, I've also explained sarin gas in Syria IS WMD.

EC 9905339 regarding BD 9905292
. We handed over a relatively stable Iraq to Obama.

If you wish to use non-precise language when trying to make a factual argument you should be willing to accept that in terms of civilian casualties on a monthly basis combined with the transfer of power from Maliki to the new government last month Iraq is 'relatively' as stable today as it was in 2006. And the significant fact about today's stability is that there are 150,000 fewer US military there now than there were on 2010.

Based on that final fact , it should be safe to state that Iraq is more independently stable today than when you handed the mess over in 2009 to Obama.

Do you see how it works when all factors are included when viewing the relative status in Iraq with respect to violence affecting the general population?

As for arguing stability in the relative years....I keep telling you I was there before during and after the surge....I KNOW much better than any stats you could pull off what was going on.

Great Story thus far from EconChick's link:

Page 2 Para 11
On June 30, 2009, Maliki gave a speech to announce a major development in the U.S.-Iraqi Security Agreement. The occasion was the anniversary of the 2003 assassination of the Iraqi Shia leader Ayatollah Mohammed Baqir al-Hakim. After a few words in memory of the fallen ayatollah, Maliki shifted gears to describe the moment that U.S. forces would withdraw from populated areas as a great victory for the Iraqi people, which did not sit well with those who had backed the war effort. After all, Maliki was suggesting that what had happened was the U.S. forces had in effect been ordered to retreat.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/how-the-obama-administration-disowned-iraq-111565_Page2.html#ixzz3FELaAdak

Key statement: "After all, Maliki was suggesting that what had happened was the U.S. forces had in effect been ordered to retreat." So Maliki was right. Why did Bush agree to put U.S. forces into retreat? Surely in June 2009, Obama cannot be blamed for the US Military retreat in Iraq. Bush signed that deal with the honorable Prime Minister of Iraq just six months earlier.

Some Partner Bush handed over to the Obama Administrtion.
Good point/s

EC001 9903363
Here's another great article to read from Ambassador Chris Hill: How the Obama Administration Ignored Iraq - Christopher R. Hill - POLITICO Magazine
How the Obama Administration Ignored Iraq One ambassador's story of an exit strategy gone wrong.

Here's more from EconChick's link:

In the end it was increasingly clear that Iraq remained the military’s problem, not the State Department’s. It is not to say that Iraq was not on people’s minds in Washington. But it was increasingly a legacy issue, a matter of keeping faith with our troops rather than seeing Iraq as a strategic issue in the region.

Key Statement is kind of in opposition to the chosen Headline at Politico. What's up with that? "It is not to say that Iraq was not on people’s minds in Washington. But it was increasingly a legacy issue, a matter of keeping faith with our troops rather than seeing Iraq as a strategic issue in the region. and of course this: "Iraq remained the military’s problem, not the State Department’s"

So what I see Amb Chris Hill as stating is that the Obama Administration 'ignored' Iraq as a strategic issue in the region. And that is because of the Shiite dominated government was not conducive to the US overall strategy in the region. And Maliki made matters worse. He was a bad partner.
^ that

And the Bu$h II Admin kept supporting that guy.

EC001 9903363
Here's another great article to read from Ambassador Chris Hill: How the Obama Administration Ignored Iraq - Christopher R. Hill - POLITICO Magazine
How the Obama Administration Ignored Iraq One ambassador's story of an exit strategy gone wrong.

Here's more from EconChick's link:

In the end it was increasingly clear that Iraq remained the military’s problem, not the State Department’s. It is not to say that Iraq was not on people’s minds in Washington. But it was increasingly a legacy issue, a matter of keeping faith with our troops rather than seeing Iraq as a strategic issue in the region.

Key Statement is kind of in opposition to the chosen Headline at Politico. What's up with that? "It is not to say that Iraq was not on people’s minds in Washington. But it was increasingly a legacy issue, a matter of keeping faith with our troops rather than seeing Iraq as a strategic issue in the region. and of course this: "Iraq remained the military’s problem, not the State Department’s"

So what I see Amb Chris Hill as stating is that the Obama Administration 'ignored' Iraq as a strategic issue in the region. And that is because of the Shiite dominated government was not conducive to the US overall strategy in the region. And Maliki made matters worse. He was a bad partner.
^ that

And the Bu$h II Admin kept supporting that guy.

LOL, the only thing your brain is good for is bumping my threads. Thanks, hun.

You have even less knowledge than Jakey on Iraq.

SNAP

So anyone here expect anything different from the far left president based on the lies told by the far left from 2003 on?

You have to remember the far left believes the history of Iraq started in 2003.

Most people with a brain knew that Obama cut and ran in Iraq to appease his based for election purposes.

Obama made Bin Laden a martyr. So now things only get worse under Obama and not better. Whether they are here in the US or abroad, Obama just makes things worse.

How anyone with any sense can still defend and support is truly amazing. Then again most of the far left does not have any sense, see this board postings for examples.

HTey were fine with Obama taking credit for leaving. Now that that decision looks like a huge mistake suddenly it's all Bush's fault. Or Churchill's/ Or someones.

I personally think that everyone of us who wanted Bushii out in 2004 were totally shocked when Iraq went into the shitter. Seriously, not a mother's son of us saw that one coming. (sarcasm)

Your sarcasm is as uninformed as it is silly.

I spent a lot of time in Iraq. I was there before, during, and after the surge.

We handed over a relatively stable Iraq to Obama. He admitted so himself.

So excuse me if I find your post uninformed and ridiculous. :)
You seem like an expert in the field of the uninformed and ridiculous. Relatively stable? Their military wasn't even trained and that was the goal. For them to become capable of taking over for themselves.

You're silly whoever you are now.

LOL, sorry blondie, I was there before, during, and after the surge. You were there when??

That's what I thought.

You do realize those reading these threads who have still not made up their minds see how much credibility one side has and how little the other side has, don't ya?

Ummmm, that was you......
U joined the board in feb 14, and expect ME to believe U that in spring of 03 U thought bushii was full of bs and this thing was gonna blow up in our face? I don't think so chickeebooboo

I personally think that everyone of us who wanted Bushii out in 2004 were totally shocked when Iraq went into the shitter. Seriously, not a mother's son of us saw that one coming. (sarcasm)

Your sarcasm is as uninformed as it is silly.

I spent a lot of time in Iraq. I was there before, during, and after the surge.

We handed over a relatively stable Iraq to Obama. He admitted so himself.

So excuse me if I find your post uninformed and ridiculous. :)
You seem like an expert in the field of the uninformed and ridiculous. Relatively stable? Their military wasn't even trained and that was the goal. For them to become capable of taking over for themselves.

You're silly whoever you are now.

LOL, sorry blondie, I was there before, during, and after the surge. You were there when??

That's what I thought.

You do realize those reading these threads who have still not made up their minds see how much credibility one side has and how little the other side has, don't ya?

Ummmm, that was you......
U joined the board in feb 14, and expect ME to believe U that in spring of 03 U thought bushii was full of bs and this thing was gonna blow up in our face? I don't think so chickeebooboo

You libs are so desperate you keep making up things that no one finds credible. LOL.

That's like saying I'd vote for Obama if he ran for Prez again.

LOL

AN 9915724 regarding NF 9915708, DD 9915333
You REALLY believe this? Can you tell me how our munitions are actually sighted on their targets?

Do you know for a fact that Americans are in actual combat with IS terrorists - or if Americans have engaged the enemy directly while laser guiding bombs to targets or giving coordinates?

Do we need combat troops on the ground to bomb an oil refinery or fuel storage tanks? Do we need on ground targeting systems to hit a moving military vehicle loaded with, weapons and IS terrorist killers on it?

What do you think you know that rest of us don't know?

Do you think there are US troops on the ground in the lawless regions of Pakistan where Taliban an Al Qaeda killers are bombed on a weekly basis?

Obama does it in Pakistan and several other countries with drones. Usually killing the Taliban leader, his immediate family including children and others in the immediate area of the hellfire missile blast.

If you wish to use non-precise language when trying to make a factual argument you should be willing to accept that in terms of civilian casualties on a monthly basis combined with the transfer of power from Maliki to the new government last month Iraq is 'relatively' as stable today as it was in 2006. And the significant fact about today's stability is that there are 150,000 fewer US military there now than there were on 2010.

Based on that final fact , it should be safe to state that Iraq is more independently stable today than when you handed the mess over in 2009 to Obama.
She handed the mess to obama? WTF? You have a toggle switch for a brain. Iraq is anything but stable, check the news. That was NOT the case when the troops were there, no matter how badly you want it to be that way.

BB 9920401 regarding EC 9920100, NF 9919860, BD 9905292, EC 9905339
HTey were fine with Obama taking credit for leaving. Now that that decision looks like a huge mistake suddenly it's all Bush's fault. Or Churchill's/ Or someones.

I never said Bush's SOFA and fixed deadline for withdrawal from 2008 was a mistake or Bush's fault. It was one of the few things Bush did right after his most ignorant decision to invade Iraq in March 2003. I have posted my position on that here several times. But you can't argue against that so you attack the fantasy argument you just made up.

IW 9922551 regarding NF 9919651,
. So stable it was being inspected and sanctioned by the UN? What are you smoking?

Yes. UN inspections were possible because Iraq at that time was not experiencing the kind of violence that it has experienced ever since the US invaded and the sectarian slaughter began. And it did not stop at the end if 2008 when Bush left the ness he created to his successor.

And have you forgotten that Iraq did not have the WMD that Bush started the war over. So all the violence that Iraq has seen for the past 11 years has its roots directly in the foreign invasion of Iraq. What Obama called the dumb war. And he was ever so right about that.

. So stable it was being inspected and sanctioned by the UN? What are you smoking?

Yes. UN inspections were possible because Iraq at that time was not experiencing the kind of violence that it has experienced ever since the US invaded and the sectarian slaughter began. And it did not stop at the end if 2008 when Bush left the ness he created to his successor.

And have you forgotten that Iraq did not have the WMD that Bush started the war over. So all the violence that Iraq has seen for the past 11 years has its roots directly in the foreign invasion of Iraq. What Obama called the dumb war. And he was ever so right about that.

You don't know shit about the WMD. Just like you didn't know shit about the SOFA. Why did the liberal press hide the fact that sarin gas is WMD?? We all knew it was and they knew it was but wouldn't dare be honest about it. It came from Iraq which can be researched out in open source. So for starters, chem WMD is well known.

I don't know if you've noticed....but as each day moves on.....Bush keeps lookin smarter and smarter and smarter. He will on that too. Mark my word.

Put the crack pipe down. We inspected more thoroughly when troops were there. Sorry if reality doesn't fit your worldview. Most Dems voted for it too, including those privy to the intel. You need to get some air.

EC 9920084 regarding NF 9919651, EC 9905339, BD 9905292.
I've already explained WMD to you.

Your explanations are meaningless because you can't back them up with anything. Bush himself does not make the unfounded claims you make about finding WMD (sarin or anything else ) in Iraq. He claims to be a victim of bad intelligence gathering.

EC 9920084 regarding NF 9919651, EC 9905339, BD 9905292.
Besides, I've also explained sarin gas in Syria IS WMD.
I don't want your loopy explanations. I want some solid indisputable facts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back