Former Marine sentenced to death in Iran

What do we do? Assume he is a spy and let him die? Chalk him off because he risked traveling to a dangerous country or raise awareness and try to get the government and the left wing media off their asses and at least give this guy a chance? He isn't some drug runner who got caught with a stash. Even in that case he would have some sort of legal representation by the State Dept. Frankly I smell a rat. There might be more to this story than the A.P. is reporting.

What do we do? Assume he is a spy and let him die? Chalk him off because he risked traveling to a dangerous country or raise awareness and try to get the government and the left wing media off their asses and at least give this guy a chance? He isn't some drug runner who got caught with a stash. Even in that case he would have some sort of legal representation by the State Dept. Frankly I smell a rat. There might be more to this story than the A.P. is reporting.

on this, we agree.

sorry but he has the personal responsibility of choosing his fate if he went to a country on the advisory list. isn't that what the righties are always screaming from the mountain tops? personal responsibility.

i agree, something isn't right and i don't have the answer. the usa has been playing the same game in the middle east for decades, it is a vicious cycle. so until this crap ends, stay out of countries ruled by nuts.

and, what is your point? now you agree, he might be a spy?

you are trying to corner me into some liberal pigeon hole to suit your need to deem us evils who don't value life. its a stretch pal, and it isn't working.

if he is a traveler it is his problem, if he is indeed a cia agent and got nabbed, i assure you if the agency valued him we would never have heard his name.

Well, Kiki, the thing is. we vets tend to put a special value on our own; with the Marines, it's the "Once a Marine, always a Marine!" thing; same with SF. Airborne, Ranger, SEAL, etc.. You might not understand that or like it, but that's how it is. Now to you, he might be just another screw-up, but to us, he's a brother-in-arms who's in trouble, and we want him back, alive.

I don't know, whether the Iranians are just using this guy as a bargaining chip, or whether they actually intend to execute him. The way I see it, if they do the latter it will be just one more reason to kick their asses even harder when we eventually go after them (and eventually, we will most likely have to). In case everyone forgot, that country and its government committed an act of war against the United States in 1979, which has yet to be addressed, so we have ample justification for acting, whenever we decide to do so.

Totally get the brothers in arms support and don't wish to undermine that bond.

However the OP opened up with leftie bull shit rhetoric, the Marine was second to his need to put partisan divide first.

Forum List

Back