Former FBI Director Says Clinton Email Investigation "Wasn't A Real Investigation"

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Commenting on the anti-Trump bias at the senior levels of the FBI when James Comey was bureau director and Andrew McCabe was deputy director, former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker said that is not how the FBI "as a whole operates," and added that bureau veterans "know that the Clinton e-mail investigation was not a real investigation."

James Comey served as FBI director from September 2013 to May 2017, when he was fired by President Donald Trump. Andrew McCabe, a hardcore leftist, started in the FBI in 1996 and was removed as deputy director last week just prior to the release of a memo, by the House Intelligence Committee, documenting the anti-Trump bias and and FISA court malfeasance by senior FBI officials.

McCabe was Comey's second-in-command fore more than two years and was responsible for overseeing the FBI's investigation of Hillary Clinton and her mishandling of classified documents and her illicit use of a private e-mail server while Secretary of State in the Obama administration.

Chris Swecker joined the FBI in 1982 and served there for 24 years. He was the assistant director of the FBI from 2004-2006.

On Fox & Friends on Feb. 4, co-host Ed Henry asked Swecker, “Defenders of James Comey have said, ‘oh, it was not a big deal that he and Andrew McCabe were drafting this exoneration statement for Hillary Clinton months before they even interviewed her. I’m am outsider, we’re outsiders, we don’t know how the FBI does it job. Is that the proper way? I mean, people on the outside here that and say, ‘three months before she was exonerated, they were already drafting the statement.’ Doesn’t that sound like it was cooked?"

Swecker, now the chairman of the Governor's Crime Commission in North Carolina, said, “Yes it does, it sounds like the thumb was on the scale. Those of us who have done investigations and counterintelligence investigations know that the Clinton e-mail investigation was not a real investigation. They never once used a grand jury that I know of."

"We’re hearing – those of us in the retired agent community – we’re hearing that Deputy Director McCabe was expressing his opinions in closed door meetings all the time about Trump," said Swecker.

"So we’re talking about a pre-determined investigation," he said. "That is not how the FBI as a whole operates, and FBI agents on the street don’t operate that way.”
FBI Asst. Dir.: 'The Clinton E-Mail Investigation Was Not a Real Investigation'

Commenting on the anti-Trump bias at the senior levels of the FBI when James Comey was bureau director and Andrew McCabe was deputy director, former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker said that is not how the FBI "as a whole operates," and added that bureau veterans "know that the Clinton e-mail investigation was not a real investigation."

James Comey served as FBI director from September 2013 to May 2017, when he was fired by President Donald Trump. Andrew McCabe, a hardcore leftist, started in the FBI in 1996 and was removed as deputy director last week just prior to the release of a memo, by the House Intelligence Committee, documenting the anti-Trump bias and and FISA court malfeasance by senior FBI officials.

McCabe was Comey's second-in-command fore more than two years and was responsible for overseeing the FBI's investigation of Hillary Clinton and her mishandling of classified documents and her illicit use of a private e-mail server while Secretary of State in the Obama administration.

Chris Swecker joined the FBI in 1982 and served there for 24 years. He was the assistant director of the FBI from 2004-2006.

On Fox & Friends on Feb. 4, co-host Ed Henry asked Swecker, “Defenders of James Comey have said, ‘oh, it was not a big deal that he and Andrew McCabe were drafting this exoneration statement for Hillary Clinton months before they even interviewed her. I’m am outsider, we’re outsiders, we don’t know how the FBI does it job. Is that the proper way? I mean, people on the outside here that and say, ‘three months before she was exonerated, they were already drafting the statement.’ Doesn’t that sound like it was cooked?"

Swecker, now the chairman of the Governor's Crime Commission in North Carolina, said, “Yes it does, it sounds like the thumb was on the scale. Those of us who have done investigations and counterintelligence investigations know that the Clinton e-mail investigation was not a real investigation. They never once used a grand jury that I know of."

"We’re hearing – those of us in the retired agent community – we’re hearing that Deputy Director McCabe was expressing his opinions in closed door meetings all the time about Trump," said Swecker.

"So we’re talking about a pre-determined investigation," he said. "That is not how the FBI as a whole operates, and FBI agents on the street don’t operate that way.”

If Hillary was a Republican the Press would be apoplectic instead of defending her.
She is getting away with breaking the law.

Did anyone really think it was?

Yes.

There are a few posters on this site who claimed that Hillary was investigated and cleared multiple times. The only "investigation" was by Comey and that was nothing but a sham. Sadly, some posters think it was genuine.

The truth is that Hillary Clinton has not been investigated once in spite of conclusive evidence that she has committed multiple crimes. She kept classified documents on a private server which is a felony but Comey let her get away with it. It is also a crime (misdemeanor) to keep non-classified documents on a private server but Comey gave her a pass on this also. The reasons Comey gave for not recommending charges be filed against her were outrageous. For example, he said it would be difficult to prove intent and that is a blatant lie. Under the law it is only necessary to prove she intended to put the documents on her private server and that is self-evident. His contention that no one else had been charged with such a crime was idiotic. First of all that is irrelevant and further the reason no one else was charged is because no one else ever committed such irresponsible handling of government documents. Comey's lame excuses prove he was in bed with Hillary. He know damn well her conduct was criminal but he didn't care. His mission was to protect her at all costs.

Until the day comes when Hillary Clinton is finally charged, it is reasonable to assume that those high up in the FBI and DOJ have no interest in prosecuting her even though they know she is guilty. All they care about is trying to discredit Trump.

Last edited:

It's clear that Obama and his administration interfered. This is the REAL obstruction, without question. Why don't people listen to former high ups in the FBI? Those of us who support Trumps policy ideas still agree he says things that we don't agree with, yet, some will not agree that Obama was over using his power. Trump is doing nothing of the sort in terms of domestic abuses.

I'm so glad former FBI agents are speaking out. Men of character who love their agency, you can be sure they are speaking out for the sake of new recruits who might have low morale but who need to be reminded, "don't be like some of the dirty agents before you, don't fall in line with the whims of the President if you know it's illegal or would lead you to defy your oath".

I had defended Comey and I admit my bs meter was way off. It turns out, he didn't have the courage when it was most needed, during the email investigation and standing up to Obama and Lynch. At the very least, you need to follow the letter of the law and treat the situation for the serious situation that it was.

Forum List

Back