Forget Moderate Islam – Let's Deal with Traditional Islam

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Okay, we keep throwing acronyms around; moderate and radical. But, what is the tradition of Islam?

We all know that Mohamed was a warrior who raped and pillaged on his way to winning territory over which he could rule. He used a mystic teaching to draw those to him based upon the traditions existing at the time where he was.

As a by-and-by, I came upon this site A History of Muslims in America Teachers School Administrators which to me is an abomination in educational teachings. Muslims existing in America BEFORE Columbus?

Here is a lead-in to Islam

Muslims believe that the religion of Islam has been present since the time of the prophet Adam. Muslims believe that prophets Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, among others, were all Islamic prophets, and they have equal veneration in the Qur'an. The Islamic world expanded to include people of the Islamic civilization, inclusive of non-Muslims living in that civilization.

In other words, they accept the teachings of the Hebrew Old Testament.

So as to not run this on forever in one post, I'll break this down into several.

By the 700s, Islamic dominated empires covered Spain, North Africa, and the Middle East to near the western part of present day India. These are referred to as Caliphates. A listing can be found @ List of pre-modern great powers - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It should be noted that the Kaaba in Mecca, the holiest of Muslim sites, pre-existed Islam and was a pagan shrine of the Khuza'imah (House of Khuza'a). Thus, Mohammed was a member of this tribe which gained money from those attending the shrine.

The expansion of Islam was through conquests as cruel and inhuman as any others throughout history – including Christians. The following maps shows the various Caliphates existing at the height of the conquest:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...itedStattering.png/340px-EditedStattering.png

Even at it's height of the enlightened era when historians cite all sorts of great intellectual advancements, Islam spread through bloody conquest and iron-fished rule. Yes, non-Muslims were accepted – if they paid heavy taxes and did not practice their religion. The options then – as today – were convert, pay, or die.

Here, from the Islamic Supreme Council of America @ Understanding Islamic Law is a piece titled Understanding Islamic Law.

They clearly admit Islam to be a “complete package”. In other words, it is more than a religion but a complete way of life – social and governmental. It also claims the only “law” of Islam is Sharia that establishes the patterns believers should following in worshiping Allah, prayers, charity, fasting, and pilgrimage. It goes on forever detailing all the merciful and enlightened rules of Islamic life without dealing with the punishment meted out by those authorized to decide what the rules mean.

If one goes to atrocities of Islam throughout history - Google Search there are tens of thousands of examples of Islamic atrocities throughout history.

To name each and every atrocity conducted in the name of Islam would be an impossibility in a forum like this. The Taliban. The Islamic Brotherhood. Boko Haram. ISIL. These are just the most recent.

And finally, I'm going to refer to this article – Top ten reasons why Islam is NOT the religion of peace by James M. Arlandson Contacting Dr. James Arlandson located @ Contacting Dr. James Arlandson.

Muhammad nicknames his weapons.

Muhammad commands in his Quran that adulterers and adulteresses should receive a hundred lashes.

Muhammad in his Quran permits husbands to beat their wives.

Muhammad in his Quran commands that the hands of male or female thieves should be cut off.

Muhammad assassinates poets and poetesses.

Muhammad in his Quran commands death or the cutting off of hands and feet for fighting and corrupting the land.

Muhammad aggressively attacks Meccan caravans.

Muhammad in his Quran promises sensuous Gardens for martyrs dying in a military holy war.

Muhammad unjustly executes around 600 male Jews and enslaves the women and children.

Muhammad launches his own Crusades.

So, if one considers the above 10 items, it clearly tells us that Traditional Islam is as barbaric, bloodthirsty, and violent as what we in modern times call Radical Islam.

Okay, so I'm done with my essay for now.

Forum List

Back