Forget Happy Meals - Now They're After Your Irish Coffee

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
First it was the after dinner cigar, then salt, then sugar, then egg yolks, then toys in Happy Meals, and now Irish Coffee.

Do you really want the Federal government to dictate what you should and should not be able to buy of legal substances and have authority to require private businesses to adhere to its dictates?

. . . .Executive summary: the FDA has informed four companies that caffeine is an “unsafe food additive” when mixed with alcohol. In this particular case, the drinks being affected are cans of carbonated, caffeinated, and alcoholic drinks… but if you’re wondering what’s the scientific difference between that and a hand-made mixture of coffee, whiskey and whipped cream, the answer’s simple: there isn’t one. This is strictly ‘political’… or more accurately, ‘pandering.’ And if you’re wondering what’s stopping the government from deciding that bars shouldn’t serve Irish or Jamaican coffee - or, God help us, Red Bull and vodka, which is apparently the big club drink now - the answer’s even simpler: nothing. Nothing at all. If young drinkers start consum[ing] hand-mixed caffeine/alcohol concoctions, the FDA will start going after the organizations that serve them. . . .

Next step: the War on Irish Coffee. | RedState

Dang I'm glad my friend already delivered my holiday Bailey's! Mmmmm

If underage kids are drinking "Four Loko", then the authorities should be going after the people selling it to them, not the company making it.

Why should adults that enjoy it have to suffer for liquor store owners and their employees who don't know how to or care enough to card their customers?

If underage kids are drinking "Four Loko", then the authorities should be going after the people selling it to them, not the company making it.

Why should adults that enjoy it have to suffer for liquor store owners and their employees who don't know how to or care enough to card their customers?

Exactly. Anyhoo... I'd like to know how big an issue this really is? Didn't this shit like, just come on the market?

Over my dead body. Seriously.

you're right.. we should ignore the fact that kids are getting hold of Four-Loko and are dying.

it's their right and all...

perhaps Irish coffee, is better left at really *being* Irish coffee instead of drinks with caffein equal to about five cups?

Yea, it is tough luck that stupid people do stupid things. Can we just stop expecting the government to take away the right of the majority for a couple of stupid people?

No one "enjoys" Four Loko.

Over my dead body. Seriously.

you're right.. we should ignore the fact that kids are getting hold of Four-Loko and are dying.

it's their right and all...

perhaps Irish coffee, is better left at really *being* Irish coffee instead of drinks with caffein equal to about five cups?

Yea, it is tough luck that stupid people do stupid things. Can we just stop expecting the government to take away the right of the majority for a couple of stupid people?

If it has alcohol in it, I'd say given the alcohol laws.. I'd say it has been addressed.

Exactly. Anyhoo... I'd like to know how big an issue this really is? Didn't this shit like, just come on the market?

Came on the market about a year ago.

One can of Four Loko has as much alcohol as nearly 5 12 oz cans of regular beer, and as much caffeine as 5 cups of coffee. It's already been blamed for a number of heart failures in otherwise perfectly healthy teenagers.

No one "enjoys" Four Loko.

Ah, then the brewery will stop making it, and this "issue" will just go quietly into the night.

Came on the market about a year ago.

One can of Four Loko has as much alcohol as nearly 5 12 oz cans of regular beer, and as much caffeine as 5 cups of coffee. It's already been blamed for a number of heart failures in otherwise perfectly healthy teenagers.

Wow.. Never heard of it prior to today. Well, sounds like some nasty shit. Well, my gut says this shit will be willfully removed from production.

Forum List

Back