Ford to sell 600 horsepower assault vehicle in 2016. Why don't libs scream about this?

I posted no fallacy. It is you posting all the fallacies. It's about time you got a clue.
The fact that you believe that shows the problem. Begin post #62.

What you wrote, referring to Natural Law: "More useless claptrap from you I see. Hmmm, On my side are Locke, Hobbes, Cicero, Jefferson and dozens of other world famous philosophers and founders of our nation. On your side is....well....you."

"The argument from authority can take several forms. As a syllogism, the argument has the following basic structure:[10]

A
says P about subject matter S.
A should be trusted about subject matter S.
Therefore, P is correct.
Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I posted no fallacy. It is you posting all the fallacies. It's about time you got a clue.
The fact that you believe that shows the problem.

What you wrote, referring to Natural Law: "More useless claptrap from you I see. Hmmm, On my side are Locke, Hobbes, Cicero, Jefferson and dozens of other world famous philosophers and founders of our nation. On your side is....well....you."

"The argument from authority can take several forms. As a syllogism, the argument has the following basic structure:[10]

A
says P about subject matter S.
A should be trusted about subject matter S.
Therefore, P is correct.
Argument from authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Argument from Authority as a logical fallacy only applies when the Authority has something to gain from their assertions. My sources are long dead. Thus they have nothing to gain, thus they CAN'T be a logical fallacy. Learn what the damned term means silly boy...

"The person in question is not significantly biased.

If an expert is significantly biased then the claims he makes within his are of bias will be less reliable. Since a biased expert will not be reliable, an Argument from Authority based on a biased expert will be fallacious. This is because the evidence will not justify accepting the claim.

Experts, being people, are vulnerable to biases and predjudices. If there is evidence that a person is biased in some manner that would affect the reliability of her claims, then an Argument from Authority based on that person is likely to be fallacious. Even if the claim is actually true, the fact that the expert is biased weakens the argument. This is because there would be reason to believe that the expert might not be making the claim because he has carefully considered it using his expertise. Rather, there would be reason to believe that the claim is being made because of the expert's bias or prejudice.

It is important to remember that no person is completely objective. At the very least, a person will be favorable towards her own views (otherwise she would probably not hold them). Because of this, some degree of bias must be accepted, provided that the bias is not significant. What counts as a significant degree of bias is open to dispute and can vary a great deal from case to case. For example, many people would probably suspect that doctors who were paid by tobacco companies to research the effects of smoking would be biased while other people might believe (or claim) that they would be able to remain objective."

Okay, so you believe you need a gun, why, using your logic, should we not limit you to what they had 230 years ago? That's good enough right, you don't need a Super____ anything when a normal regular one will do the job eh?
The 2A just says arms. Why do you think it says flintlocks?

Where does it say you are limited to slow cars? Same logic only the problem is, cars are necessary for most, while guns are not and while cars can kill they, unlike guns, were not designed to kill. You don't need a Supercar, and you absolutely don't need a Supergun, or any gun in most cases. If we base everything on needs, the Supercars go, and roughly 99% of all guns.

I don't know what a supergun is but certainly all gun owners could get along fine with a 22 rimfire rifle and 30-06 bolt and a 12 gauge shotgun and a couple of 9mm handguns. T

Americans do far more killing with cars than with guns so why don't libs ask "why would anyone want such a car except to endanger and terrorize other drivers.?

6846.jpg

You can’t buy a Ford GT yet, but if you want one, start saving now—prices are expected to begin at as much as $400,000. One look at its stats tells you all you need to know: a mid-engine twin-turbo V-6 good for more than 600 hp, full carbon-fiber construction and body panels, and active aerodynamics. Power will be sent to the rear wheels courtesy of a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic; sadly, a manual will not be available. Production starts in 2016; expect the total to be less than 1000 cars.
Cars are necessary, guns are not. As for this, your cash and your funeral, save it for the track.

Hmmm..........many, many Americans disagree s0n!!!

See why gun sales are surging just in time for Christmas

Americans do far more killing with cars than with guns so why don't libs ask "why would anyone want such a car except to endanger and terrorize other drivers.?

6846.jpg

You can’t buy a Ford GT yet, but if you want one, start saving now—prices are expected to begin at as much as $400,000. One look at its stats tells you all you need to know: a mid-engine twin-turbo V-6 good for more than 600 hp, full carbon-fiber construction and body panels, and active aerodynamics. Power will be sent to the rear wheels courtesy of a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic; sadly, a manual will not be available. Production starts in 2016; expect the total to be less than 1000 cars.
Cars are necessary, guns are not. As for this, your cash and your funeral, save it for the track.

Hmmm..........many, many Americans disagree s0n!!!

See why gun sales are surging just in time for Christmas
See your other thread.

And the Newtown killer of 27 was getting a gun for Christmas, from Mommy, who he shot four times in the head, the first to die that day...

Forum List

Back