Ford Layoffs Not Due to Trump’s Tariffs

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Ford-Logo.jpg

If only the loudmouth, Trump-hating media had asked Ford before lying like they usually do.

The reports you have read about our organization redesign work being related to external forces such as tariffs are incorrect,” Ford Motor Company spokesperson Karen Hampton told Watchdog.org.

This is a global effort and not specific to the U.S.,” she added. “We began this effort recently as part of our CEO’s work to make us a faster, more nimble, more innovative company.”

Hampton said she wished that everyone in the media had reached out to Ford before publishing their articles.

More @ Ford Motors Fires Back at the Media Blaming Trump Tariffs for Layoffs

Ford-Logo.jpg

If only the loudmouth, Trump-hating media had asked Ford before lying like they usually do.

The reports you have read about our organization redesign work being related to external forces such as tariffs are incorrect,” Ford Motor Company spokesperson Karen Hampton told Watchdog.org.

This is a global effort and not specific to the U.S.,” she added. “We began this effort recently as part of our CEO’s work to make us a faster, more nimble, more innovative company.”

Hampton said she wished that everyone in the media had reached out to Ford before publishing their articles.

More @ Ford Motors Fires Back at the Media Blaming Trump Tariffs for Layoffs

I like the tariffs but the 10% instant hit is a little rough. The Trumpster's grandstanding and name calling isn't my style either. But hey, he has scored the trophy 3 times and no doubt a bunch of fine side prizes also.

That said, if the steel in a model railroad locomotive is marked up 30% by the time it makes it to me, big deal, especially if I buy one made with american sourced metal. More expensive Chinese metal, eh, sounds like a tax increase.

Once again, I mostly disagree with him based on style here. I like tariffs. If Ford has to lay off employees because ppl aren't buying as many cars so be it. Mechanics will make more money or, gasp(!), the parts stores will as folks relearn how to fix their own stuff and any money "we" save by maintaining our used cars will no doubt go towards i-pad 23's or enhancement pill 12, more expensive houses than we need, or something, folks don't save.

Forum List

Back