Forced Arbitration Bill passes. Bi-Partisan support

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
U.S.H.R. Bill 4445 passed the House by 335-97 113 republicans along with all democrats to pass a bill that will stop any organization from forcing an employee or member to engage in arbitration in cases of sexual harassment or assault. They now can choose what path to take to resolve the issue. Just posting this to show that there are areas members of both parties can come together and get something done for regular citizens. Comments welcome. No link to it yet that I can find I got from Epoch Times news Paper.

U.S.H.R. Bill 4445 passed the House by 335-97 113 republicans along with all democrats to pass a bill that will stop any organization from forcing an employee or member to engage in arbitration in cases of sexual harassment or assault. They now can choose what path to take to resolve the issue. Just posting this to show that there are areas members of both parties can come together and get something done for regular citizens. Comments welcome. No link to it yet that I can find I got from Epoch Times news Paper.
It sounds like another freedom being taken away to me. Is it correct to say that a woman's right to arbitration has been cancelled and she is forced to argue, 'is so', 'is not'?
Or do I read this wrong?

It sounds like another freedom being taken away to me. Is it correct to say that a woman's right to arbitration has been cancelled and she is forced to argue, 'is so', 'is not'?
Or do I read this wrong?
As best as i can tell they can still go the arbitration route but are not forced to by union contracts, they can sue the employer in the courts.

As best as i can tell they can still go the arbitration route but are not forced to by union contracts, they can sue the employer in the courts.
Considering that to be true, that's my point.

They can go the arbitration route by presumably one or the other party can choose not to. I don't think we have enough information yet, so it's speculation.

I've only brought in a suggestion of how freedoms can be spirited away from under people's noses.

It's something that may be worth pursuing further?

Considering that to be true, that's my point.

They can go the arbitration route by presumably one or the other party can choose not to. I don't think we have enough information yet, so it's speculation.

I've only brought in a suggestion of how freedoms can be spirited away from under people's noses.

It's something that may be worth pursuing further?
Once the purported victim goes to the courts arbitration means shit-all.....it's game on then. It's basically a victim's rights bill.

Or do I read this wrong
I thought the same at first. From what I understand that in employee contracts with their employers they are forced to go into arbitration with the company instead of seeking legal help in the court system. This bill will change that and women or men can seek outside legal help in cases of sexual assault or harassment. I will try and find the article online somewhere.

Forum List

Back