For Westerners, Basics of Islam

Muslim75

Nov 23, 2014
Dakar
I speak as a Muslim.

I was told by Christians that they judge a tree by its fruits. I agree, but all trees go to heaven. the fruits of Islam arfe not what Muslims do. The fruits of Islam, acquirable in this world are intimacy with God, and knowledge of God; not just from one side, to a God that you don't see, but from both sides, a relationship with one's Creator. Judge Islam therefore by its fruits.

Islam is not what some people think it is. Ask any given Muslim about what are the ultimate essentials of Islam. He is likely to tell you about the 5 pillars of Islam.

Islam features what is known as the 5 pillars of Islam:

-to testify that there is only one God (this leads to Remembrance of God, Dhikr of God in Arabic) and that Muhammad is His Messenger (Peace be upon him and his family)

-prayer, 5 times a day

-Alms giving, giving out of your money to the poor. Not just giving to an alms-collector, but actually going to the poor and giving them personally, so as to build a relationship with them. Islam wants us to build this relationship.

-Fasting, to abstain from food and drink and falty deeds in the sacred month of Ramadan from dawn to sunset. This ought to teach one to discipline himself.

-pilgrimage to Mecca, once in a lifetime, if one is able

Five Pillars of Islam - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So if you want to be precise about Islam, Islam would be the 5 pillars of Islam; not wars, not Islamic constitutions, not oppression of women, not uneducation, not oppression of minorities, not honor crimes and stoning, not monastic life and ascetism.

About Prayer

When Muslims pray they must turn towards the Kaaba, which is inside the Sacred Mosque of Mecca. The Kaaba, in a way points to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). Indeed Muhammad was born in Mecca and received the first revelations there. He is a Meccan. The Muslims used to turn towards Jerusalem when they prayed. At one point Muhammad received a revelation from God telling him that God wants to turn him towards a direction that will please him, so God ordered him to turn towards Mecca. This is in the Qur'an. That is why Muslims pray towards the Kaaba, in the Sacred Mosque, in Mecca.

Kaaba - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It's not idol worship. The Kaaba points to Muhammad. God is one, and Muhammad is the one beloved of the God that is one (not the only beloved but the one beloved).

As a White infidel, let me tell you that White infidels don't care about the spirituality of Muslims. We're concerned about you living in our countries because the majority of your people cherish what we as a people have learned to distance ourselves from inorder to create a collection of societies under law that are envied by everyone else.

The actual Christian quote is from Jesus saying of false prophets, "By their fruits ye shall know them"

We know from the wars that are the fruits of Muhammad that he was a false prophet.

As for the Kaaba I believe it is a meteorite.

The OP forgot to mention Takkiyah, Jizyah and the real meaning of "Salaam".

LOL.

Gee, I wonder why...
I was hoping the OP could give us some history regarding the Islamic basics of dhimmitude. That might be an interesting discussion but moslems seem to do a lot of sidestepping and back stroking regarding that component of islamic history.

I speak as a Muslim.

I was told by Christians that they judge a tree by its fruits. I agree, but all trees go to heaven. the fruits of Islam arfe not what Muslims do. The fruits of Islam, acquirable in this world are intimacy with God, and knowledge of God; not just from one side, to a God that you don't see, but from both sides, a relationship with one's Creator. Judge Islam therefore by its fruits.

Islam is not what some people think it is. Ask any given Muslim about what are the ultimate essentials of Islam. He is likely to tell you about the 5 pillars of Islam.

-to testify that there is only one God (this leads to Remembrance of God, Dhikr of God in Arabic) and that Muhammad is His Messenger (Peace be upon him and his family)

-prayer, 5 times a day

-Alms giving, giving out of your money to the poor. Not just giving to an alms-collector, but actually going to the poor and giving them personally, so as to build a relationship with them. Islam wants us to build this relationship.

-Fasting, to abstain from food and drink and falty deeds in the sacred month of Ramadan from dawn to sunset. This ought to teach one to discipline himself.

So if you want to be precise about Islam, Islam would be the 5 pillars of Islam; not wars, not Islamic constitutions, not oppression of women, not uneducation, not oppression of minorities, not honor crimes and stoning, not monastic life and ascetism.

About Prayer

When Muslims pray they must turn towards the Kaaba, which is inside the Sacred Mosque of Mecca. The Kaaba, in a way points to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). Indeed Muhammad was born in Mecca and received the first revelations there. He is a Meccan. The Muslims used to turn towards Jerusalem when they prayed. At one point Muhammad received a revelation from God telling him that God wants to turn him towards a direction that will please him, so God ordered him to turn towards Mecca. This is in the Qur'an. That is why Muslims pray towards the Kaaba, in the Sacred Mosque, in Mecca.

It's not idol worship. The Kaaba points to Muhammad. God is one, and Muhammad is the one beloved of the God that is one (not the only beloved but the one beloved).
Satans cult.

to know islam-----talk to nonmuslim survivors of shariah cesspits and talk to muslims about------what they "know" about Hindus, Jews, Buddhists, Christians etc. More --
Ask muslims about the condition of non muslims in
Islamic lands----then talk to the survivors of shariah
cesspits

I speak as a Muslim.

-prayer, 5 times a day

About Prayer

Satans cult.

Says the guy who called the Winter Solstice a "false religion" lmao

Last edited:
It's not idol worship to pray to something that points to Mohammad and not God?

interesting that you feel the need to make that claim in the original post before anyone has accused you of idol worship.

the fruits of the gospel of Jesus Christ are peace, joy, love, humility, confidence, knowledge, virtue, liberty etc.

interesting that you feel the need to make that claim in the original post before anyone has accused you of idol worship.

the fruits of the gospel of Jesus Christ are peace, joy, love, humility, confidence, knowledge, virtue, liberty etc.

To pray in the direction of something does not mean that you are praying to it. The Muslims are not saying "Oh great Kaaba, hear my prayers." And even if someone is praying to something other than God, like another God/ Goddess, or the Virgin Mary, a Saint or prophet, or even the Dead, that definitely does not mean that they are worshipping whatever it is that they are praying to.

In order for prayer to be an act of worship, one must consciously choose to consider it "worship". For example, I pray to many Gods but I only worship YHWH. Some Catholics may pray to Mary but worship only God. Etc.

With over a billion Muslims praying towards that one exact spot, the amount of mana/ spiritual energy being generated and directed to God exponentially increases. It also strengthens the religion and unifies the people.

Can you not appreciate that another Abrahamic religion is worshipping the same God you do? Why must you spread hate about Islam? If you are angry with Muslim extremists, why fight fire with fire? That is not the Christian Way. What happened to "turning the other cheek"?

I speak as a Muslim.

-prayer, 5 times a day

About Prayer

Satans cult.

If you worship the earth its seasons or creatures it is a cult. I celebrate Christs birth, the TRUE reason for the season. See ya wouldn't want to be ya.

To pray in the direction of something does not mean that you are praying to it. The Muslims are not saying "Oh great Kaaba, hear my prayers." And even if someone is praying to something other than God, like another God/ Goddess, or the Virgin Mary, a Saint or prophet, or even the Dead, that definitely does not mean that they are worshipping whatever it is that they are praying to.

In order for prayer to be an act of worship, one must consciously choose to consider it "worship". For example, I pray to many Gods but I only worship YHWH. Some Catholics may pray to Mary but worship only God. Etc.

With over a billion Muslims praying towards that one exact spot, the amount of mana/ spiritual energy being generated and directed to God exponentially increases. It also strengthens the religion and unifies the people.

Can you not appreciate that another Abrahamic religion is worshipping the same God you do? Why must you spread hate about Islam? If you are angry with Muslim extremists, why fight fire with fire? That is not the Christian Way. What happened to "turning the other cheek"?

...and we all know that SHITara is a born a Muslim pretending to be something else.

I speak as a Muslim.

-prayer, 5 times a day

About Prayer

There is no question----muslims DEIFY muhummad ---which is fine with me-----but they mock Christians for
deifying Jesus----to the point of RANCOR AND HATRED--as if the deification of Jesus is DISGUSTING BLASPHEMY---whilst calling upon the rapist pig five times
per day with ass in the air------is "holy"

There is no question----muslims DEIFY muhummad ---which is fine with me-----but they mock Christians for
deifying Jesus----to the point of RANCOR AND HATRED--as if the deification of Jesus is DISGUSTING BLASPHEMY---whilst calling upon the rapist pig five times

The Quran says somewhere ( I cannot remember the verse number) that it is a blasphemy to say that Jesus is the son of God.

The Quran says somewhere ( I cannot remember the verse number) that it is a blasphemy to say that Jesus is the son of God.

Yes, of course, that would be denying Mohammad as the final messenger, which would cost you your head.

Yes, of course, that would be denying Mohammad as the final messenger, which would cost you your head.

I found the verses in my notes.

The quran states quite clearly that God is one, and it is a blasphemy to say Jesus is the son of God, at sura 5.72 and it is a blasphemy to say God is part of a trinity. at sura 5.73.
Sura 5.72 They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary"
Sura 5.73 They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no God except One God.

Anybody but me notice that the OP hasn't bothered to even TRY to discuss or refute a single poster here?

Troll?

I speak as a Muslim.

-prayer, 5 times a day

About Prayer

Satans cult.

If you worship the earth its seasons or creatures it is a cult. I celebrate Christs birth, the TRUE reason for the season. See ya wouldn't want to be ya.

There is a profound difference between celebrating the Earth, and "worshipping" it. There is a profound difference between celebrating the seasonal cycles, and "worshipping" them.

The Winter Solstice is a celestial event that marks the beginning of Winter. It is not a cult, lol... but many cultures respect and honor the Winter Soltice, as well as the Summer Solstice, the Equinoxes, and their midpoints. Some Pagans may worship Nature, but many of us do not.

And what's this about "Jesus's birth being the reason for the season?" You know that makes no sense right? The Earth's seasons have obviously existed long before humanity emerged on Earth. Jesus is not the reason for Winter, lol. If you are talking about the cultural celebrations around the Winter Solstice, than again, Pagans have celebrated the Solstices and Equinoxes long before your Christian religion even existed.

The reason for the seasons is that the earth is rotating on an axis that is at an angle to the sun. It could well be that there are other planets around other suns that rotate parallel to their sun so they would not have seasons. The middle of the planet would be hot and the ends of it cold and there would be no changes. It makes me wonder what effect that would have on the evolution of life on such a world.

Forum List

Back