Zone1 For the Love of God...

Your denomination or church can't save you. You better have Jesus and that's all.

And the fact it was directed to the world at large, not to you as a single individual. Probably should have said, "We should all watch our language."
I'll reserve judgment on whether you were careless or whether it was intended as written.

You can't spoil that which we have accomplished together, because that's not my nature to allow.
I consider my behaviour in these religion discussions to be unflawed and respectable.

As I do yours.

And as is not Ding's as he has refused to not be delivered from evil thoughts and has succumbed to temptation due to frustration and anger.

I'll reserve judgment on whether you were careless or whether it was intended as written.
Well, if it helps, (in my head) as I wrote I clearly heard both my daughters' voices saying, "Yes, Mom." Extremely familiar, that 'Yes, Mom'. I had both inflections down to a T.

Well, if it helps, (in my head) as I wrote I clearly heard both my daughters' voices saying, "Yes, Mom." Extremely familiar, that 'Yes, Mom'. I had both inflections down to a T.
Your meaning escapes me but I think it's better if we just leave it at that for today, while we can both walk away contented and happy.

Maybe some of the others will need to continue to comment and leave their trail of garden slug slime?

But they could just be one on billions of Gods, right? You don't really know which God was the first or even if there was a first God, right?
True. I don't think God has found it necessary at this juncture to reveal the history of all eternity past to us. My guess would be that there was a first God or Gods but that is just my guess.

Last edited:
True. I don't think God has found it necessary at this juncture to reveal the history of all eternity past to us. My guess would be that there was a first God or Gods but that is just my guess.
That's seems unnecessarily complex to me and a bit self serving. I'm not sure how anyone could get polytheistic beliefs from an account of a people whose beliefs were monotheistic.

Are you a mormon?

That's seems unnecessarily complex to me and a bit self serving. I'm not sure how anyone could get polytheistic beliefs from an account of a people whose beliefs were monotheistic.
No exactly sure what you are referring to. I view the situation to me to be just like we are in this life. There are million of fathers and mothers in the world but to me there is only one father and mother who is my mother and father. There are many homes in this world but to me I only had one home growing up. I don't view it as polytheism but that each have their one and only God within that God's family. We don't worship many gods but only our one true God who is our Father in heaven. Yes, we believe that there are gods many and lords many, but to us there is but one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. God is the god of his kingdom and his children. We do believe there are other gods but they are not our God and Father and we do not worship them or follow them. I think Paul states it the same:

1 Corinthians 8:
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Just as I don't refer to other fathers in this world as my one and only father but only give that acknowledgment to the father that helped bring me into the the world, so too with God my Eternal Heavenly Father is the only true God whom I worship and give reverence to for my progression in life and my salvation, Yes, it is a belief that there are other gods, but to me personally, I only recognize my Father in Heaven as the one I worship and follow and no other. Jesus called us gods and so he recognized that other gods do exist but he also taught us to only worship God our Eternal Father in Heaven and to pray only to him (see Psalms 82:1,6, John 10:30-36, Matthew 6:5-13).

Are you a mormon?
Mormon was a prophet in the Book of Mormon who abridged the record of other prophets. We don't call ourselves, "Mormon". The name of our church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Many who were not of the church called us Mormons because we use the Book of Mormon but that has never been the name of our church or religion. So in answer to your question, no, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

No exactly sure what you are referring to. I view the situation to me to be just like we are in this life. There are million of fathers and mothers in the world but to me there is only one father and mother who is my mother and father. There are many homes in this world but to me I only had one home growing up. I don't view it as polytheism but that each have their one and only God within that God's family. We don't worship many gods but only our one true God who is our Father in heaven.
I guess what I am getting at is that what you described doesn't sound like one true God. It sounds like many true Gods. We are God's creatures. We are a part of God's creation. I don't believe the painting can be a painter.

Mormon was a prophet in the Book of Mormon who abridged the record of other prophets. We don't call ourselves, "Mormon". The name of our church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Many who were not of the church called us Mormons because we use the Book of Mormon but that has never been the name of our church or religion. So in answer to your question, no, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
We're you born into the religion?

I guess what I am getting at is that what you described doesn't sound like one true God. It sounds like many true Gods. We are God's creatures. We are a part of God's creation. I don't believe the painting can be a painter.
Well, when I think of the godhead as the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, I see three persons who represent the one true God. So just in that I see three persons involved. However, I do see a hierarchy within the godhead where the Father is the head god and the Son and Holy Ghost are subordinate to the Father. But each of them is considered part of the godhead and they have a supreme unity or oneness that they share. Jesus taught that He and the Father are one and that we too can acquire that same oneness that they have.

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

I believe that that same oneness that Jesus has with the Father and that we all can acquire is what allowed Jesus to be selected as part of the godhead. I believe before any person could ever become a god that they would need to gain the oneness in truth and righteousness that Gods have. Thus I believe that though there are many, many gods, they are all one in truth and righteousness. They likely respect one another and don't fight over who is king of all the universes or something like that. They are all one in truth and righteousness and all of them seek to bring about the immortality and eternal life of mankind. Each of them respect the others kingdom and allow each to rule and reign supreme in their individual kingdoms. Within each kingdom each God reign supreme and is the one true God of all that is within their kingdom. All who are the children of that God are to look to their Father God as the one true God of the kingdom they reside in. Much like in this life we expect a man and wife to own a home and be the soul ruler over their household. In this world there may not be absolute respect for a man and his kingdom but among the gods, I would believe that there is absolute mutual respect for one another. Those who are not willing to abide under the rules of a god will never be allowed to become one. Gods, knowing the end from the beginning, are able to know for a certainty if one will eternally abide by the law of the universes. Demons are never allowed to rule supreme.

In scripture I see that God wants us to become like him. Jesus taught:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

He has told us that we can become one even as the Father and Jesus are one. He has commanded us to be perfect just as our Father in heaven is perfect. I think becoming like God, or in other words, becoming a God is what the Father and Son want us to become. The best that we can be. One Apostle exclaimed,

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So I guess in summary, all gods are part of the overall one true God concept. God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are the one true God in the Father's kingdom. All gods are able to rule supreme in their own kingdoms and they all are one in truth and righteousness mutually respecting one another and their respective kingdoms.

We're you born into the religion?
Kind of. I was born to parents who were baptized into the church but were inactive members and seldom went to church or practiced the religion. So I didn't really grow up learning the religion. I began going to church because our churches normally have gyms in them and I liked basketball. I was invited to play basketball by other members and eventually was invited to attend church on Sundays and later invited to sign up for an institute of religion course. I became an active member and served a mission to Japan when I was 19-21 years old. I loved missionary work and have been an active member of the church ever since.

Well, when I think of the godhead as the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, I see three persons who represent the one true God. So just in that I see three persons involved. However, I do see a hierarchy within the godhead where the Father is the head god and the Son and Holy Ghost are subordinate to the Father. But each of them is considered part of the godhead and they have a supreme unity or oneness that they share. Jesus taught that He and the Father are one and that we too can acquire that same oneness that they have.

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

I believe that that same oneness that Jesus has with the Father and that we all can acquire is what allowed Jesus to be selected as part of the godhead. I believe before any person could ever become a god that they would need to gain the oneness in truth and righteousness that Gods have. Thus I believe that though there are many, many gods, they are all one in truth and righteousness. They likely respect one another and don't fight over who is king of all the universes or something like that. They are all one in truth and righteousness and all of them seek to bring about the immortality and eternal life of mankind. Each of them respect the others kingdom and allow each to rule and reign supreme in their individual kingdoms. Within each kingdom each God reign supreme and is the one true God of all that is within their kingdom. All who are the children of that God are to look to their Father God as the one true God of the kingdom they reside in. Much like in this life we expect a man and wife to own a home and be the soul ruler over their household. In this world there may not be absolute respect for a man and his kingdom but among the gods, I would believe that there is absolute mutual respect for one another. Those who are not willing to abide under the rules of a god will never be allowed to become one. Gods, knowing the end from the beginning, are able to know for a certainty if one will eternally abide by the law of the universes. Demons are never allowed to rule supreme.

In scripture I see that God wants us to become like him. Jesus taught:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

He has told us that we can become one even as the Father and Jesus are one. He has commanded us to be perfect just as our Father in heaven is perfect. I think becoming like God, or in other words, becoming a God is what the Father and Son want us to become. The best that we can be. One Apostle exclaimed,

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So I guess in summary, all gods are part of the overall one true God concept. God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are the one true God in the Father's kingdom. All gods are able to rule supreme in their own kingdoms and they all are one in truth and righteousness mutually respecting one another and their respective kingdoms.
I see that you don't believe that Jesus is eternal. So you don't believe Jesus is the Alpha and Omega in Revelation chapter one and chapter 22.

That's not quite correct. In short we worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, another of the Holy Spirit. But the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit have one divinity, equal glory, and coeternal majesty.

How do you come to that conclusion?
This..."I believe that that same oneness that Jesus has with the Father and that we all can acquire is what allowed Jesus to be selected as part of the godhead".

You said Jesus was "selected" to be part of the Godhead. I believe Scripture says Jesus is eternal God.

Forum List

Back