For the Libs, Why are you voting for Kerry?

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I did say however in another post about the WOT, that I was against it from the beginning and still am. In fact, at the time, I was the only one to say that I was against it though on the poll there were 2 other peole who voted the same way.

Quick clarification question: When you use WOT do you mean the "War on Terror" as in the one against al quaida and other orgs, or is WOT the term you're using for Iraq?

I ask because, I can somewhat understand being against the invasion of Iraq. I don't agree with it, but I understand at least a couple legitimate arguments.

Now if you mean you're against fighting terrorists than I wonder how you can be against it. It would be one thing if we were oppressing these people that we call terrorists, but that's really not the case. In the past months terrorists have killed not just Americans but Iraqis as well. That is Iraqis themselves that have been targeted. People targeted because they either are halping or stand to gain from freedom. The power of the attackers is slipping away, which is exactley why they are attacking.

Again it would be one thing to oppose a war against terrorists if they were killing oppressors, but that is not why they kill people. They kill for one reason and one reason only. It is because we are not like them, we don't believe what they believe. They believe that anyone that does not have the same belief system they do must die. People say American's are intolerant of other cultures when the truth is terrorists are by far the most intolerant people of any group in the world. If this is how they wish to resolve their differences than i have no problem taking the fight to them instead of waiting for them to kill all of us.

I'm sorry, I should of clarified but I was in a rush because at the time I was at work. I meant the war against Iraq. :D

Sir Evil- It's not so much what you mean I find funny but the way you say it. And again, you made me smile :D

I'm sorry, I should of clarified but I was in a rush because at the time I was at work. I meant the war against Iraq.
And, just to clarify, that would be the war against radical Islam, NOT Iraq itself, thank you.

sorry, i was a bit testy at the time. I'm tired of hearing people claim that we are in a war against Iraq the country, and not radical Islam. You probably weren't, but the wording kinda hit a raw nerve. If I misinterpreted it, my sincere apologies.:)

1) Kerry promotes economic justice while Bush serves only the interests of the rich and his friends.
The wealthiest 1% of our population has almost twice as much money as 90% of the population combined. They didn't need a big tax cut; the tax cut- if there was going to be one- should have gone much more to the poor and middle class who need it. Kerry is in favor of eliminating Bush's huge tax cut for the rich (which we can't afford anyway as anyone aware of our out of control deficit knows), and so am I.
Bush's tax policies are radically unjust. If a person WORKS for $50,000, he gets taxed more than if he doesn't work for it (inherits it or his property goes up in value). This is silly. Our tax policies should encourage and reward labor, not make life even easier for the idle rich.

2) Bush lies too much.
a) He lied about how much his tax cut would cost.
b) He lied about how much the prescription drug benefit cost (even Republicans are pissed about that one).
c) He lied about the evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
d) He lied about his environmental policy.

3) Bush said during his campaign that he'd pay down the national debt with the budget surplus Clinton left him; instead, he quickly drove our country back into massive deficits- twice the size of any Democratic president. I want a president who is fiscally responsible and pays the bills rather than giving people tax cuts and leaving it for future generations to pay for. I want to pay my fair share now.

4) The decision to attack Iraq was a huge mistake, costing us way too much $$ and too many lives. His bad leadership in this case is reason enough to get him out of office. He should have listened to Colin Powell; things would have gone much better than they have, but he doesn't know how to take good advice even when he gets it.

that's all for now

1) Kerry promotes economic justice while Bush serves only the interests of the rich and his friends.
The wealthiest 1% of our population has almost twice as much money as 90% of the population combined. They didn't need a big tax cut; the tax cut- if there was going to be one- should have gone much more to the poor and middle class who need it. Kerry is in favor of eliminating Bush's huge tax cut for the rich (which we can't afford anyway as anyone aware of our out of control deficit knows), and so am I.
Bush's tax policies are radically unjust. If a person WORKS for $50,000, he gets taxed more than if he doesn't work for it (inherits it or his property goes up in value). This is silly. Our tax policies should encourage and reward labor, not make life even easier for the idle rich.

2) Bush lies too much.
b) He lied about how much the prescription drug benefit cost (even Republicans are pissed about that one).

3) Bush said during his campaign that he'd pay down the national debt with the budget surplus Clinton left him; instead, he quickly drove our country back into massive deficits- twice the size of any Democratic president. I want a president who is fiscally responsible and pays the bills rather than giving people tax cuts and leaving it for future generations to pay for. I want to pay my fair share now.

4) The decision to attack Iraq was a huge mistake, costing us way too much $$ and too many lives. His bad leadership in this case is reason enough to get him out of office. He should have listened to Colin Powell; things would have gone much better than they have, but he doesn't know how to take good advice even when he gets it.

5) I really dislike that Bush takes my tax money and gives it to his immoral friends. He tried to give 50 million dollars of our $$ to Enron in his first budget as presdient. Fortunately, the Democrats in Congress wouldn't allow it. Nonetheless, it is dispicable for the president to try to give our money to his obnoxious friends (and his friends at Enron are very obnoxious, thought they were the top contributors to his campaign in 2000) instead of using it to benefit our country. He abuses his power in this fashion on a regular basis. This alone is a reason to not give him the power anymore.

2) Bush lies too much.

5) I really dislike that Bush takes my tax money and gives it to his immoral friends. He tried to give 50 million dollars of our $$ to Enron in his first budget as presdient. Fortunately, the Democrats in Congress wouldn't allow it. Nonetheless, it is dispicable for the president to try to give our money to his obnoxious friends (and his friends at Enron are very obnoxious, thought they were the top contributors to his campaign in 2000) instead of using it to benefit our country. He abuses his power in this fashion on a regular basis. This alone is a reason to not give him the power anymore.

Originally posted by Steve Bie

Get your facts straight on the tax cuts before you EVER post something on them again.

2) Bush lies too much.

Proof? Evidence? where did he lie? More baseless accusations.

[/b]

If you havent noticed...oh nm your living in an alternate dimension anyway. So you wouldn't see that the economy is booming. There are more people employed in this country then ever before. The growth rate is the best since the 80's. As for Bush creating a depression that started before he ever took office, do i really need to say anymore about your ignorance on the Fiscal state of the economy?

that's all for now

How is it a mistake to remove a murderous dictator that had WMDs and was in lead with terrorists?

This is the example of ABB. I CLEARLY stated at the begining of this thread that give me a reason FOR kerry not AGAINST Bush and this is what i get.

:trolls:

2) Bush lies too much.

In his first budget, Bush tried to give 50 million dollars of our tax money to Enron. Not to the workers at Enron who had been defrauded out of their money, to the executives like Kenneth Lay who had committed the misconduct.

I'd rather have a president who uses my tax money to help the average American than one who gives it to highly immoral energy company executives who engage in corporate misconduct.

Originally posted by Socrates
In his first budget, Bush tried to give 50 million dollars of our tax money to Enron. Not to the workers at Enron who had been defrauded out of their money, to the executives like Kenneth Lay who had committed the misconduct.

I'd rather have a president who uses my tax money to help the average American than one who gives it to highly immoral energy company executives who engage in corporate misconduct.

You people prove my point well. You can only offer things AGAINST Bush and never anything FOR Kerry. Have fun with another 4 years of a truly good president.:D

Originally posted by Socrates
In his first budget, Bush tried to give 50 million dollars of our tax money to Enron
Can you give me the source on this? I'd like to read it.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Can you give me the source on this? I'd like to read it.

I'd vote for Nader, if I were american. Rep. and Dem. are an inch apart on the political scale. It's funny to see people to get so worked up for, basically the samething, just worded differently. Dem. are more conservative then our (Canada) Conservative Party. On June 28, i'm voting NDP.

Originally posted by MrMarbles
I'd vote for Nader, if I were american. Rep. and Dem. are an inch apart on the political scale. It's funny to see people to get so worked up for, basically the samething, just worded differently. Dem. are more conservative then our (Canada) Conservative Party. On June 28, i'm voting NDP.

And you inserted my quote, why? Hardly shows being 'worked up.'

Forum List

Back