For the last time, I'm gonna try to educate the left on GUNS; Can't take ignorance any longer.

[

If sarcasm was the intent, I didn't realize that to be the case.

Oh, the pictures of regiments holding muskets didn't clue you in?

That says a great deal about you.

Why wasn't it apparent to me? Because there's nothing in the post that indicates a tone of humor....not a smiley, not a "<wink>", not an "LOL," not a "Yeah, right...," or other idiomatic expressions that suggest a writer's word aren't to be taken seriously, and not anything akin to those types of cues that would inform a reader that Bucs90 wrote his remarks with any sort of sarcastic intent. Also, because in Bucs90's OP I'd already identified multiple factual inaccuracies, the I saw no reason to think that his remark about muskets was not just another one.

The 2nd directly protected "weapons of war."

"Weapons of war" is a new catch phrase the anti-liberty left is floating in it's unrelenting assault on civil rights. What fucking stupidity.

Red:
No, the photos didn't indicate to me that the writer was being sarcastic. What they suggested to me, in concert with the inaccuracies in the writer's OP, was that s/he didn't recognize the firearms shown as being muskets.

Blue:
"Weapons of war" may be a catch phrase to someone or some people. To me, it's nothing more than a broad descriptor of weapons that are built/designed to be used in war. Though I haven't researched it, I think it very likely that the phrase "weapons of war" has been used in that regard for literally hundreds, if not thousands, of years...essentially since men have made war on one another and fought the wars with weapons other than their fists, feet and teeth.

Among the oldest weapons of war are rocks and sticks. Does the so-called-by-you catchphrase refer to rocks and sticks as well? Surely not. And I can assure you that were a bill written to ban weapons of war, the bill would not include rocks and sticks. The way legislators would ensure that is so is by providing specific designations of types of weapons or specific weapon characteristics so as to exclude rocks and sticks from the scope of prohibitions.

Pink:
What's really stupid is:
  • Thinking a standard word grouping is something it is not. I haven't seen any slogan signs or taglines indicating "weapons of war" has become a catchphrase for anyone, but I'm sure people use the term/phrase to refer to classes of guns that are/were designed or repurposed for use by soldiers, or to classes of guns that are commonly used in war by soldiers.
  • Not using, in one's writing to an audience about which one has little information, any number of standard literary devices to make clear that one's intent is sarcasm/irony or humor rather than a standard interpretation of one's words.

They also don't admit that this "loop hole" takes place 99% of the time in the urban ghettos where black market gun sales happen dozens of times a day. More black market gun sales occur in a Chicago weekend than every Illinois gun show on any given weekend.

You know, it's funny when you consider this: The United States of America is one of the largest exporters of weapons in the world - second only to Russia. We export all manner of death and destruction to anyone (and everyone) who has the cash. Yet our leaders (and I use that term very loosely) want to disarm the law-abiding citizens of our own country. Has no one ever asked - "Where the hell do these inner city minorities get the tens of thousands of guns that are always there?"

Hell, one many weekends this year, there have been as many deaths as there were in Orlando. Yet the democrat controlled city NEVER affects change in that city.

Please - help me understand the crap that goes on in this country and how the hell democrats can "walk out" on a moment of silence while their constituencies are dying in the cities that THEY control??

Find ONE -- even ONE -- fucking example of this, dipshit.

Ok. Barbara Boxer. Want 200 more, dipshit?

So you think an assault weapons ban is "disarming the law-abiding citizens" of our country? I missed where she banned all guns. ZERO leaders in the U.S. have suggested this. You're completely full of shit.

Here's what I would like you to do. Read the following, that is, if you can read.

Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mass shootings are nothing new in ANY country, let alone the US. I remember Whitman very well. He killed several people with a Remington 700 (a bolt action rifle). The country didn't throw a hissy fit then - and there is no reason for your paranoia now. Remember the Chinese man who killed and maimed 30 children in China not long ago? He used a knife.

Grow up, will you....

Blah blah blah knives are as deadly as guns, blah blah blah

If that's the case, all you need for self-defense is a knife. Guns are pointless. Fucking dumbass.

You know, it's funny when you consider this: The United States of America is one of the largest exporters of weapons in the world - second only to Russia. We export all manner of death and destruction to anyone (and everyone) who has the cash. Yet our leaders (and I use that term very loosely) want to disarm the law-abiding citizens of our own country. Has no one ever asked - "Where the hell do these inner city minorities get the tens of thousands of guns that are always there?"

Hell, one many weekends this year, there have been as many deaths as there were in Orlando. Yet the democrat controlled city NEVER affects change in that city.

Please - help me understand the crap that goes on in this country and how the hell democrats can "walk out" on a moment of silence while their constituencies are dying in the cities that THEY control??

So you think an assault weapons ban is "disarming the law-abiding citizens" of our country? I missed where she banned all guns. ZERO leaders in the U.S. have suggested this. You're completely full of shit.

Here's what I would like you to do. Read the following, that is, if you can read.

Mass shootings are nothing new in ANY country, let alone the US. I remember Whitman very well. He killed several people with a Remington 700 (a bolt action rifle). The country didn't throw a hissy fit then - and there is no reason for your paranoia now. Remember the Chinese man who killed and maimed 30 children in China not long ago? He used a knife.

Grow up, will you....

If that's the case, all you need for self-defense is a knife. Guns are pointless. Fucking dumbass.

Thus the response from someone who has had his ass kicked up one side of the street and down the other. Thanks for playing. Pick up your consolation prize on your way out...

What a stupid fuck you are.

The part about full auto blah blah blah was a weird one though.

It's not weird, you're just stupid.

You are an anti-rights moron trying to pretend you know what the fuck you're babbling about. You don't. You only know that the party wants to end civil rights, and that you obey the party without question.

A Khmer Rouge democrat, not capable of reasoned thought.

Oh, the pictures of regiments holding muskets didn't clue you in?

Just to give you an example of just how easy it is to make a sarcastic remark clearly sarcastic in nature, I'll offer the following:

Why does the NRA support a ban on publicly owned hand grenades. How anti 2nd amendment [of] them!

Note the simple and idiomatically sarcastic syntax. That's all it takes.

My Sig likes the heavier slug.

I'm lucky the Ruger is good with the cheap stuff. It's funny, I have two mini-14's. The older one does not like .223, I pretty much have to shoot 5.56 or it jams. The Ranch Rifle doesn't care, But the original obviously need the higher pressure to keep the action working smoothly.

The Sig will shoot em just fine but it's more accurate with the heavier slug.

Grow up, will you....

Your pussy hurt?

[

Red:
No, the photos didn't indicate to me that the writer was being sarcastic. What they suggested to me, in concert with the inaccuracies in the writer's OP, was that s/he didn't recognize the firearms shown as being muskets.

Learn to back quote. The color thing is lame.

When a person posts a picture, followed by a line that is ironic due to the contradiction of the aforementioned picture, it's difficult to imagine they mean the line seriously. To take it at face value is obtuse.

Blue:
"Weapons of war" may be a catch phrase to someone or some people. To me, it's nothing more than a broad descriptor of weapons that are built/designed to be used in war. Though I haven't researched it, I think it very likely that the phrase "weapons of war" has been used in that regard for literally hundreds, if not thousands, of years...essentially since men have made war on one another and fought the wars with weapons other than their fists, feet and teeth.

Referring to teeth as "weapons of war" hardly aids in communication.

The term is incendiary and intended by the anti-civil liberty advocates to elicit an emotional response from the ignorant.

Among the oldest weapons of war are rocks and sticks. Does the so-called-by-you catchphrase refer to rocks and sticks as well? Surely not. And I can assure you that were a bill written to ban weapons of war, the bill would not include rocks and sticks. The way legislators would ensure that is so is by providing specific designations of types of weapons or specific weapon characteristics so as to exclude rocks and sticks from the scope of prohibitions.

Pink:
What's really stupid is:
  • Thinking a standard word grouping is something it is not. I haven't seen any slogan signs or taglines indicating "weapons of war" has become a catchphrase for anyone, but I'm sure people use the term/phrase to refer to classes of guns that are/were designed or repurposed for use by soldiers, or to classes of guns that are commonly used in war by soldiers.
  • Not using, in one's writing to an audience about which one has little information, any number of standard literary devices to make clear that one's intent is sarcasm/irony or humor rather than a standard interpretation of one's words.

Give it a rest, this is the hyperbole of the day in the democrats war to end civil rights.

Clinton: Weapons of War Have No Place on Our Streets
Portland restaurant owner: No 'weapons of war' at my businesses
Conan O’Brien Calls for Assault Weapons Ban Post-Orlando: ‘These Are Weapons of War’
WAPO: Outlaw 'Weapons of War' to Halt Gun Deaths

The Constitution hating democrats have adopted this as their hate phrase of the day.

Australia is an island. Are you ready to build a huge wall against Mexico??

Oh....and your link from Vox has been proven inaccurate.

The Australian Gun Ban Conceit
Australia is a fucking continent. I guess I can expect that from RWs on here.
Dude....it's still an island. Its surrounded on all sides by water. :cuckoo:
So is Africa yet it is still continent.

Australia is an island. Are you ready to build a huge wall against Mexico??

Oh....and your link from Vox has been proven inaccurate.

The Australian Gun Ban Conceit
Australia is a fucking continent. I guess I can expect that from RWs on here.
Dude....it's still an island. Its surrounded on all sides by water. :cuckoo:
So is Africa yet it is still continent.
First of all - nobody said that Australia wasn't a continent. I said "it is still an island".

Second - you might want to grab a world map (or at least Google it). Africa is not surrounded on all sides by water. The upper right corner (Egypt) connects by land to the Middle East (Asia).

Forum List

Back