For Rick Perry it's not the heat it's the stupidity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chris, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    The newest meteor to streak through the Republican primary skies is, of course, Texas Governor Rick Perry. But for Perry, it could be a pretty fast fall back to Earth. Fully feeling the heat of the national media spotlight for the first time, Perry has quickly shown his supporters that the thing that they should worry about most is not the heat — but his stupidity.

Even many of his fellow Republicans denounced his statements about Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke’s quantitative-easing possibly being an act of “treason.” Among others, Bruce Bartlett, a former Treasury Secretary under Republican President George H. W. Bush, called Perry an “idiot.”

An 11-year-old boy who appeared to actually know the answer asked Perry about the age of the Earth. Perry said he didn’t know. I believe him. Perry then seemed to disavow evolution and give some credence to the theory that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. Come on, I have ties older than that. And Mr. Perry had the bad timing to do this the same week that scientists announced that they believe they discovered fossilized, single-cell organisms in Western Australia that could be about 3.4 billion years old.

Perry’s disavowal of evolution, geology, biology, and all that pointed-headed science mumbo-jumbo will probably not sit very well with GOP moderates, independents, swing voters or those who have ever been to school, read a book, or watched a show on the History Channel.

Perry also had the singular misfortune to be ranting about how climate change is a scam the same week as stories were published about how farmers in Texas have suffered more than $5 billion in crop and livestock losses associated with a record drought and record high temperatures.

For Rick Perry, It's Not the Heat, It's the Stupidity | Boston Daily

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,978
    [​IMG]
    "I'm a swaggering, gun-toting, anti-science moron from Texas"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,150

This is the only thread that I agree with you Criss!! How about that. Rick Perry without attending any debates jumped in front of other candidates that have. Rick Perry has a loose canon mouth that may thrill Republicans but that is certain to get Independents RUNNING. And as we all know you need Independents if you expect to win elections. Furthermore--Rick Perry being from Texas--is going to be painted with a G.W. Bush brush. And the name G.W. Bush is still toxic to millions of Americans

This mass hysteria--(irrational national behavior) is exactly what put Barack Obama in the oval office. Now it's over Rick Perry.

While Rick Perry may be very capable of winning the GOP nomination--the general election is a much different thing--and his loose canon statements could very well insure another 4 years of the worst President (ever) Barack Obama.

I am in hopes that conservatives will take their time--listen to the candidates and pick a candidate that can beat Barack Obama--because at this time--I don't think it's Rick Perry.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  5. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124

Oreo, this sentence should fill you with dread. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  6. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869

True. ‘Reagan democrats’ will have nothing to do with him. They along with moderates and independents decide presidential elections.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    If the GOP wants to run a person willing to admit that he doesn't believe in science, let them.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people who object to a political party are offended when that party nominates people who are nuts.

One would think that would be a good thing.

Unless, of course, one thinks that enough Americans are as nutty as the person they're going to run.

Perry's insane POV resonates with a fringe group of the GOP.

I doubt that fringe is large enough to give him the White House.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    So we have had dumbed down Bush, and now imbecile Perry. One must begin to ask if the problem is texas oil polluted water or home grown schooling. Imagine that Bush only wanted to know how to get a jet off the ground. LOL! Whoever let that idiot fly was dumber than Bush.............:cuckoo:

9. paperview

paperview Life is Good

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,149
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  10. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680