For Rick Perry it's not the heat it's the stupidity

I loev it. The Left is terrified of Perry, who speaks his mind rather than speaking in scripted sound bites.
Does he know how old the Earth is? No, in fact no one does for sure.
But if he believes the earth was created 15 minutes before he was born, what does that have to do with his ability to be president? Who cares? Only people digging for something--anything--they can use against him.
okay. Let's REASON this out. "if he believes the earth was created 15 minutes before he was born, what does that have to do with his ability to be president?"

Does that indicate that perhaps you are supporting someone who isn't a very deep thinker? someone who is essentially incurious about things? And being incurious, could that effect the amount of knowledge one can apply to problem solving?

I shouldn't have to explain to you or anyone why stupidity, incuriosity, shallow thinking are features NOT very useful in making important decisions the way a President of the United States has to make. You SHOULD look for a candidate who reflects your personal ideology. But to support someone who has demonstrated a lack of cognitive skills SHOULD make your choice of candidate a clear one. Why not the best? Why not the smartest?

Now, I predict you may consider this seriously. Or, you may take offense to someone telling you that thinking is an important virtue in a President. If that's the case, ladies and gentlemen, Rabbi will become flummoxed, frustrated and indignant. His standard fall back position when confronted with immutable logic is to say I'm an asshole and should go inspect a toilet.

Let's see how he makes up his mind about this post.

Well you are an asshole. And you should stick to your expertise with toilets.
The rest of your post is fluff.
Perry is not "incurious" (whatever that means, MR Deep Thinker).
You don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.
And there it is! Smarts just don't count for much as far as Rabbi is concerned. I just wonder, if you don't have to be smart, if you don't have to be articulate, if you don't have to have a thirst for knowledge: what qualities should a president have?

But, if Rabbi answers, consider that, as smarts don't count for much, why should we even listen to him?

I did get the 'go inspect a toilet' response! And he neg repped me too!

What a fool he is!

Last edited:
okay. Let's REASON this out. "if he believes the earth was created 15 minutes before he was born, what does that have to do with his ability to be president?"

Does that indicate that perhaps you are supporting someone who isn't a very deep thinker? someone who is essentially incurious about things? And being incurious, could that effect the amount of knowledge one can apply to problem solving?

I shouldn't have to explain to you or anyone why stupidity, incuriosity, shallow thinking are features NOT very useful in making important decisions the way a President of the United States has to make. You SHOULD look for a candidate who reflects your personal ideology. But to support someone who has demonstrated a lack of cognitive skills SHOULD make your choice of candidate a clear one. Why not the best? Why not the smartest?

Now, I predict you may consider this seriously. Or, you may take offense to someone telling you that thinking is an important virtue in a President. If that's the case, ladies and gentlemen, Rabbi will become flummoxed, frustrated and indignant. His standard fall back position when confronted with immutable logic is to say I'm an asshole and should go inspect a toilet.

And there it is! Smarts just count for much as far as Rabbi is concerned. I just wonder, if you don't have to be smart, if you don't have to be articulate, if you don't have to have a thirst for knowledge: what qualities should a president have?

But, if Rabbi answers, consider that, as smarts don't count for much, why should we even listen to him?

What a fool he is!

How will you survive the negative repping?

And there it is! Smarts just don't count for much as far as Rabbi is concerned. I just wonder, if you don't have to be smart, if you don't have to be articulate, if you don't have to have a thirst for knowledge: what qualities should a president have?

What a fool he is!

How will you survive the negative repping?
I'm just going to have to come to grips with it.

Please, just leave me alone while I lick my wounds.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

What a fool he is!

Perry has more smarts in the first joint of his pinky than you will have in your lifetime. He has already set himself up for a massive win in both the primaries and the general that will make the Dems ask "how the hell did that happen?"
But you underestimate him as being a stupid Christian fundamentalist who can't think about things.
Good. The more of that absurd stereotype you pour out the greater your surprise will be when he stomps all over the field.

Proof the mainstream media will stoop to new lows to discredit Perry.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhjumxI0Xh0]MSNBC Edits Rick Perry Speech and Calls Him Racist.swf - YouTube[/ame]

What a fool he is!

Perry has more smarts in the first joint of his pinky than you will have in your lifetime. He has already set himself up for a massive win in both the primaries and the general that will make the Dems ask "how the hell did that happen?"
But you underestimate him as being a stupid Christian fundamentalist who can't think about things.
Good. The more of that absurd stereotype you pour out the greater your surprise will be when he stomps all over the field.

When and who is the last person he debated?

What a fool he is!

When and who is the last person he debated?

His wife. And he won.

Chris, Texas instituted a "loser pays" rule. You better avoid Texas because you'll be paying a lot.

Your education on Domionism appears sadly deficient - unless you also advocate supplanting the U.S. Constitution with the Bible.

Tea-Party_Bible_Constitution1.jpg

http://mariopiperni.com/tea-party-madness/would-jesus-approve-of-the-tea-party.php

http://www.theawl.com/2011/08/what-i-learned-in-two-years-at-the-tea-party

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/opinion/crashing-the-tea-party.html?_r=2

Last edited:

Your education on Domionism appears sadly deficient - unless you also advocate supplanting the U.S. Constitution with the Bible.

Tea-Party_Bible_Constitution1.jpg
reidn.jpg

The newest meteor to streak through the Republican primary skies is, of course, Texas Governor Rick Perry. But for Perry, it could be a pretty fast fall back to Earth. Fully feeling the heat of the national media spotlight for the first time, Perry has quickly shown his supporters that the thing that they should worry about most is not the heat — but his stupidity.

Even many of his fellow Republicans denounced his statements about Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke’s quantitative-easing possibly being an act of “treason.” Among others, Bruce Bartlett, a former Treasury Secretary under Republican President George H. W. Bush, called Perry an “idiot.”

An 11-year-old boy who appeared to actually know the answer asked Perry about the age of the Earth. Perry said he didn’t know. I believe him. Perry then seemed to disavow evolution and give some credence to the theory that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. Come on, I have ties older than that. And Mr. Perry had the bad timing to do this the same week that scientists announced that they believe they discovered fossilized, single-cell organisms in Western Australia that could be about 3.4 billion years old.

Perry’s disavowal of evolution, geology, biology, and all that pointed-headed science mumbo-jumbo will probably not sit very well with GOP moderates, independents, swing voters or those who have ever been to school, read a book, or watched a show on the History Channel.

Perry also had the singular misfortune to be ranting about how climate change is a scam the same week as stories were published about how farmers in Texas have suffered more than $5 billion in crop and livestock losses associated with a record drought and record high temperatures.

For Rick Perry, It's Not the Heat, It's the Stupidity | Boston Daily

The Tea Party controls the Republican Party. They are the "Party with the Fringe on top".

New Topics

Forum List

Back