32. Colt Police Positive revolver

fubar

Aug 8, 2004
Can I shoot Remington express 32. cal pistol revolver centerfire 88grn cartidges in a 32. Colt Police Positive ?

The piece in question was my grandmother-in-law's. It's in very good condition and there is a box of the above ammo in the house, but they seem a bit short for the cylinder. All I know about pistols is what the MP's taught me in the '80's - Colt 1911a1's.

It's a cute little thing, apparently it was once the standard issue for NYC police.

fubar said:
Can I shoot Remington express 32. cal pistol revolver centerfire 88grn cartidges in a 32. Colt Police Positive ?

The piece in question was my grandmother-in-law's. It's in very good condition and there is a box of the above ammo in the house, but they seem a bit short for the cylinder. All I know about pistols is what the MP's taught me in the '80's - Colt 1911a1's.

It's a cute little thing, apparently it was once the standard issue for NYC police.

both .32 cal I'd guess so, but I'm not sure, Fu. The local gun shop should know.
I would check with them first if no one here knows.

Thanks, gun shop said yeah, So I am gonna spend tomorrow killing a pumpkin or two. What got me wondering was the cylinder is longer than the cartidges, and most of my familiarilty is with autoloaders , Both colts actually - m16's and 1911's. So I am used to knowing the cartidge is seated in the bore.

This revolver thing is new to me. I gather that it's chambered for longs as well, But it got me confused because Colt renamed their version of the S&W 32 Long as the 32 Colt Police to avoid advertising S&W products, yet S&W makes a police Long which is not appropriate. or something. Whatever.

thanks. Watch out Mr. Pumpkin Face!

Forum List

Back