Football training camps open as NY Giants prepare for their 2nd straight championship

Tebow makes the Jets a sideshow attraction. After last year they needed to give Sanchez support on the O line and running game

They gave him Tebow

8-8

Exactly what I was thinking when they did that shit. Sancheez did kinda suck last year,but bringing in Tebow is'nt going to fix that problem. So now you have two questionable QBs instead of one?
Sounding more and more like the Titans front office.

He took a broncos team that was going no where fast, to the second round of the playoffs...I think he brings more then just his natural ability, he's a winner with a
winning attitude....that's worth a 10-6 and MAYBE a playoff shot

I have to agree with rightwinger(I feel a little sick after saying that)
But Tebow is way over rated. And we all know what happens to NFL QBs who think they're Earl Campbell.

AFC East is going to be a battleground this year.

Let me go out on a limb here.............Patriots

images

I'm fucken stoked!! Texans gonna kick some ass this year. MERCILESS!!!!!

If they are healthy, Texans could be bad assed

I saw where Andree Johnson is already hurt. He's hurt all the time. Their QB Schwab is coming off season ending surgery too. It may sound stupid but I wouldnt be shocked to see the Colts or Titans win the division even with all of their question marks.

I saw where Andree Johnson is already hurt. He's hurt all the time. Their QB Schwab is coming off season ending surgery too. It may sound stupid but I wouldnt be shocked to see the Colts or Titans win the division even with all of their question marks.

Yeah AJ has a mild injury...along with several hundred other players in the NFL right now.
And you dont think the Texans are going to win the AFC South?

I sense a lot of bitterness in your post.....so just who is your team?

The Giants have absolutely no chance of winning the Superbowl this year. Same as last year. They'll be lucky if they make the playoffs this year. Same as last year.

Eli didn't get any better in the offseason. The Giants didn't get any better in the offseason.

The Giants rely on 2 things:

1. The other team's coaching mistakes
2. Dumb luck.

If Stafford can hold it together I like the Lions chances this year. They, like every other team in the NFC, will have to get past the Pack.

I like Baltimore in the AFC. I still find it hard to believe they didn't win it all last year.

As alway, I will be cheering for the Niners and the Chiefs.

The Giants have absolutely no chance of winning the Superbowl this year. Same as last year. They'll be lucky if they make the playoffs this year. Same as last year.

Eli didn't get any better in the offseason. The Giants didn't get any better in the offseason.

The Giants rely on 2 things:

1. The other team's coaching mistakes
2. Dumb luck.

If Stafford can hold it together I like the Lions chances this year. They, like every other team in the NFC, will have to get past the Pack.

I like Baltimore in the AFC. I still find it hard to believe they didn't win it all last year.

As alway, I will be cheering for the Niners and the Chiefs.

Giants have a way of coming up big in the games that mean the most. Giants had two pro bowl players on the team last year and won a SuperBowl. Shows what fantasy football does for you. Look at the Cowboys

Eli is the best big game QB in football right now. The staff knows what it takes to win the big games.

Just like last year, Giants have the toughest schedule in the NFL. If they make the playoffs, I wouldn't want to go up against them

Giants have a way of coming up big in the games that mean the most.

In 2007 Eli came up big in games that mattered. In 2011, Eli came up big in games that mattered. The rest of the time he consistently choked and underperformed and at times just seemed dumb and bizarre.

He played well in the first half of 2008 - until his main received shot his pecker off. After that he sucked.

Giants have a way of coming up big in the games that mean the most.

In 2007 Eli came up big in games that mattered. In 2011, Eli came up big in games that mattered. The rest of the time he consistently choked and underperformed and at times just seemed dumb and bizarre.

He played well in the first half of 2008 - until his main received shot his pecker off. After that he sucked.

True..

Eli had Plaxico and Amani Toomer as well as Steve Smith in 2007. Losing those guys, you could see Eli was out of synch with his receivers and was getting a lot of interceptions.
Last year, he was in total control of his game and 4th quarter clutch

I would not want to face Eli in the playoffs with everything on the line.

Eli had Plaxico and Amani Toomer as well as Steve Smith in 2007. Losing those guys, you could see Eli was out of synch with his receivers and was getting a lot of interceptions.

The story of 2007 is that the Giants were sucking and Eli's neck was on the block. He had one of the best players in football at tight end and he couldn't find a way to get along with him. Personality differences, I guess. Brees didn't seem to have any problem at all.

Then they pulled it all together at the end.
I wouldn't want to face Eli in the playoffs in 2007 or 2011. His other years he either failed to make the playoffs or lost in the first round.

Eli isn't that good. It's an oddity that he has 2 Superbowl rings. If I were picking a team to win the Superbowl based on the caliber of the quarterback then I would go with the Steelers.

The story of 2007 is that the Giants were sucking and Eli's neck was on the block. He had one of the best players in football at tight end and he couldn't find a way to get along with him. Personality differences, I guess. Brees didn't seem to have any problem at all.

Then they pulled it all together at the end.
I wouldn't want to face Eli in the playoffs in 2007 or 2011. His other years he either failed to make the playoffs or lost in the first round.

Eli isn't that good. It's an oddity that he has 2 Superbowl rings. If I were picking a team to win the Superbowl based on the caliber of the quarterback then I would go with the Steelers.

The problem with Shockey was not Eli, but Coughlin. Jim Fassell loved a Tight End offense and Shockey excelled. Once Coughlin came in, Tight Ends were for blocking and Shockey whined in the huddle. Once Shockey got injured in 2007, Eli excelled without Shockey bitching so much

Eli Manning is the best big game QB in football. He has an 8-3 record in the playoffs. 8-3 is a great record against playoff teams.
More telling is that in seven playoff games where the Giants were underdogs, Eli is 7-0.......That is a big game QB

Eli Manning is the best big game QB in football. He has an 8-3 record in the playoffs. 8-3 is a great record against playoff teams.

It all happened in 2 (out of 7) years.

Eli Manning has won a single playoff game 2 out of the 7 years he started for the Giants. The other years he did not make the playoffs or he was out first round.

That's not that great. Eli is not a very good QB.

2 (of the 8) wins are in wildcard rounds that they would have had a bye in if Eli had not had subpar performances all year long. They were a 9-7 team last year. They aren't very good. It's an NFL oddity that they happen to have 2 Superbowl rings.

Eli Manning has won a single playoff game 2 out of the 7 years he started for the Giants. The other years he did not make the playoffs or he was out first round.

2 (of the 8) wins are in wildcard rounds that they would have had a bye in if Eli had not had subpar performances all year long. They were a 9-7 team last year. They aren't very good. It's an NFL oddity that they happen to have 2 Superbowl rings.

Eli is GOLD in big games

Only QB in history to defeat 15-1 and 18-0 teams in the playoffs. It will never be matched.

The Patriots would be the greatest team in NFL History, Belechik would be the greatest coach in NFL history and Tom Brady would be the greatest QB of all time if not for one thing...........Eli Manning

"Not a very good QB"? He is not the best but not very good? He is not a AR or a Brees, but I'd rather have him than most QB's in the NFL.

I don't know, like the jags early on they are perennial under achievers....and injuries are part of the game so that buys none of them any slack imho.

And the Texans went to the playoffs with a third string QB,no Mario,and AJ missed a lot of time . I'd say they handled all the injuries they had last year pretty well.
And while injuries may be part of the game the Texans had WAY more then their fair share last year.

"Not a very good QB"? He is not the best but not very good? He is not a AR or a Brees, but I'd rather have him than most QB's in the NFL.

"Most?" Maybe. I'd rather have Brees or Rodgers, as you mentioned. Brady is definitely a better quarterback, still. Big Ben is a much, much, much better quarterback. Flacco, Stafford - better quarterbacks.

Alex Smith was a better quarterback than Eli last year and might just repeat this year. Schaub and Ryan were better than him last year too.

Romo is a better quarterback.

There are other guys out there - like his brother, for instance.... or Michael Vick. Their time has passed, until all of a sudden they have a good year and we decide that it hasn't.

Still, Eli might be "better than most", so I guess you're right.

"Most?" Maybe. I'd rather have Brees or Rodgers, as you mentioned. Brady is definitely a better quarterback, still. Big Ben is a much, much, much better quarterback. Flacco, Stafford - better quarterbacks.

Alex Smith was a better quarterback than Eli last year and might just repeat this year. Schaub and Ryan were better than him last year too.

Romo is a better quarterback.

There are other guys out there - like his brother, for instance.... or Michael Vick. Their time has passed, until all of a sudden they have a good year and we decide that it hasn't.

Still, Eli might be "better than most", so I guess you're right.

Yea...yea

Play your fantasy football games

Last year, nobody came up bigger in the fourth quarter. Nobody came up bigger in big games

How did the great Aaron Rodgers do against Eli and the Giants? Humiliated in their own house. 15 and one and done
Ryan did not score a point against the G Men
Smith was shut down
Romo? When has he ever won a game that meant something?
Big Ben will go down as the only QB ever to lose a game to Tebow in the playoffs

Brady? Well we all know that Tom Brady is Eli Mannings bitch

Forum List

Back