I cant believe soccer beat hockey. Its those goddamn immigrants! Has to be

Hockey being that low is rather disappointing.

There's a link within that article to another poll which gives a better indicator of things, IMO. It asked if people were fans of a sport, not which was their favorite. Pro Football Losing Fans; Other Sports Holding Steady
According to that, hockey has gained fans since 2012, going from 24% being fans to 28% being fans. It's still at the bottom of the list, though, tied with soccer.

And it's not even close.

When asked by Gallup, America chose football.

Football 37%
Basketball 11%
Baseball 9%
Soccer 7%
Hockey 4%

The survey was taken on December 4-11, 2017

Football Still Americans' Favorite Sport to Watch

It's so popular that when a terrorist threatened to kill many players and fans at the Steeler / Jaguar game this past weekend before committing suicide himself, both the Steeler organization, Heinz Field and the broadcast TV station carrying the game who had all been in contact with the FBI kept it quiet (they caught the guy) but never even considered holding off the event or telling fans about it that maybe they just might feel safer and not want to attend just in case there was more to it than they knew.

There's a link within that article to another poll which gives a better indicator of things, IMO. It asked if people were fans of a sport, not which was their favorite. Pro Football Losing Fans; Other Sports Holding Steady
According to that, hockey has gained fans since 2012, going from 24% being fans to 28% being fans. It's still at the bottom of the list, though, tied with soccer.

I would rather watch a hockey game over soccer any day of the week. I find soccer terribly dull. Baseball is enjoyable, but it is quite hard to get excited about it since the Pirates’ have the absolute worst owner in all of MLB.

And it's not even close.

Football 37%
Basketball 11%
Baseball 9%
Soccer 7%
Hockey 4%

most other sports are just to damn boring.

I'd rather watch people play darts than soccer.

the guy that invented softball did so b/c he thought baseball wasn't boring enough

I would rather watch a hockey game over soccer any day of the week. I find soccer terribly dull. Baseball is enjoyable, but it is quite hard to get excited about it since the Pirates’ have the absolute worst owner in all of MLB.

I don't want to watch soccer or baseball. I find both pretty dull.

Football has the best regular season, IMO, because each game is so meaningful. That's just a result of the very short season. Hockey has the best playoffs, because I prefer a series format rather than the one-and-done of football. It allows teams to have an off night and still move on if they are better than the other team. On the other hand, football is a better playoffs if you don't have a team to root for. :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
So is baseball being that high.

Attending a baseball game is pretty awesome, though. PNC Park is one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country.

74954211-FC19-4208-BE63-F5C44472F1B8.jpeg

Cough Cough, NY Mets, Cough Cough....

Nutting isn’t interested in spending any money to build a competitive team. He would rather rest on the fact that people are going to attend the game b/c the park is so awesome.

Nutting isn’t interested in spending any money to build a competitive team. He would rather rest on the fact that people are going to attend the game b/c the park is so awesome.

The Wilpons are still blaming without blaming the Madoff thing for their spending limits.

At least you don't have a big brother team 5 miles away to make you look bad like we do.

The new nickname for the Mets is "New York's "B" Squad"

And it's not even close.

Football 37%
Basketball 11%
Baseball 9%
Soccer 7%
Hockey 4%

It would be more interesting to see these stats for professional vs. college sports.

True, because I still watch college sports.

On the rarer and rarer occasions I watch sports on TV, it's almost always college sports.

Forum List

Back