FOOD - PRICE - SHORTAGE - CIVIL UNREST

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
What would happen if many in American could no longer get access to adequate food? What would happen if there were a food shortage, not only in America, but around the globe? What extremes would people go to in order to avoid hunger and starvation?

Food prices are rising in America; researchers predict food shortages followed by mass riots. -- Food prices are rising in America researchers predict food shortages followed by mass riots - NaturalNews.com

(1) -- In America, the "land of plenty" so to speak, millions of our own citizens are going without enough food to eat (even as we subsidize food and send food to nations around the world).
(2) -- As reported by USA Today, a new report from a hunger-relief charity, Feeding America, notes that "based on 2012 federal survey data on 44,000 households, says 49 million Americans are 'food insecure' -- people who sometimes eat less, go hungry or eat less nutritious meals because they can't afford to eat better. Almost a third of them are children," the paper said.
(3) -- According to the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics, the vast majority of workers in private-sector employment make $35,000 a year or less, and that's before all of the taxes Americans are forced to pay.
(4) -- But there are other factors besides rising food costs that experts and historians agree can lead to instability within a country. Unemployment (or in the case of the United State, chronic underemployment), political oppression (which has gotten worse and worse in the U.S. over the past 50 years especially), economic instability (think of another economic collapse like the one which triggered the recent "Great Recession") and political corruption (think of the various and growing scandals within the current administration).
(5) -- "The analysis suggests the doubling of food prices we have seen since 2005 pushed many in the greatest poverty across the line from bare subsistence into desperation and starvation. When people are not able to feed their families, they have little to lose and become willing to take strong actions."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******** -- With the talk in Washington concerning cuts in social programs, what alternative options will be left for those now living in poverty to get access to adequate food?

******** -- With the talk in Washington concerning cuts in social programs, what alternative options will be left for those now living in poverty to get access to adequate food?

Sounds like they are planning this or hoping for it. The propaganda for BIG GOVERNMENT is flying out fast and furious now

Everyday we are all going to die if we don't have DADDY guberment. good grief

What would happen if many in American could no longer get access to adequate food? What would happen if there were a food shortage, not only in America, but around the globe? What extremes would people go to in order to avoid hunger and starvation?

Food prices are rising in America; researchers predict food shortages followed by mass riots. -- Food prices are rising in America researchers predict food shortages followed by mass riots - NaturalNews.com

(1) -- In America, the "land of plenty" so to speak, millions of our own citizens are going without enough food to eat (even as we subsidize food and send food to nations around the world).
(2) -- As reported by USA Today, a new report from a hunger-relief charity, Feeding America, notes that "based on 2012 federal survey data on 44,000 households, says 49 million Americans are 'food insecure' -- people who sometimes eat less, go hungry or eat less nutritious meals because they can't afford to eat better. Almost a third of them are children," the paper said.
(3) -- According to the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics, the vast majority of workers in private-sector employment make $35,000 a year or less, and that's before all of the taxes Americans are forced to pay.
(4) -- But there are other factors besides rising food costs that experts and historians agree can lead to instability within a country. Unemployment (or in the case of the United State, chronic underemployment), political oppression (which has gotten worse and worse in the U.S. over the past 50 years especially), economic instability (think of another economic collapse like the one which triggered the recent "Great Recession") and political corruption (think of the various and growing scandals within the current administration).
(5) -- "The analysis suggests the doubling of food prices we have seen since 2005 pushed many in the greatest poverty across the line from bare subsistence into desperation and starvation. When people are not able to feed their families, they have little to lose and become willing to take strong actions."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess a lot of fatasses will have to steal themselves some shovels, rakes and hoes, and some seeds, and learn how to garden, like back in the good old days.

Learning to eat squirrels, rabbits and other game will become a necessity.

Country folks won't starve.

"What would happen if many in American could no longer get access to adequate food?"

What would happen if the OP stopped posting loaded question fallacies.

We'd have fewer hysterical, fear-mongering, hyperbolic threads, such as this one.

• Banned

I guess a lot of fatasses will have to steal themselves some shovels, rakes and hoes, and some seeds, and learn how to garden, like back in the good old days.

What about city folk, and those that live in apartments? Some people don't have anywhere to plant a garden. You can only grow so much in flower pots. And, what about meat? Wild animals are generally in the wild, and not running through apartments and neighborhoods. Yes, some can survive from hunting and planting crops, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

• Banned
"What would happen if many in American could no longer get access to adequate food?"

What would happen if the OP stopped posting loaded question fallacies.

We'd have fewer hysterical, fear-mongering, hyperbolic threads, such as this one.
Excuse me, but did anyone force you to read the thread? And, other than blowing hot air, do have anything that would dispute the article posted? Just curious.

Sounds like they are planning this or hoping for it. The propaganda for BIG GOVERNMENT is flying out fast and furious now

Stephanie

OMG OMG OMG OMG
Roll on this people, before its too late.

Okay, seriously, since when do RWs care about people going hungry? Any time the First Lady's efforts to make nutritionally food available to our children is posted, you all go nuts, screaming about communism or nanny state or ... WHATEVER shiny word catches your eye.

What would happen if Right Wingers stopped fear mongering? Their politics would be seen for what they are and their ideology would be marginalized in the same fashion Scientology is marginalized as a religion.

• Banned
What would happen if Right Wingers stopped fear mongering? Their politics would be seen for what they are and their ideology would be marginalized in the same fashion Scientology is marginalized as a religion.
What would happen if everyone remained passive, never questioned anything, and ignored situations and circumstances that affect all of our lives?

Don't you rely on a monthly check, Negative Nancy?

I get a monthly check, but I paid into the system for over 40 years. I wasn't given a choice to invest the money on my own, it was automatically deducted from my pay checks before I was paid. The government doesn't give me anything. It's my money that I paid into the system. Also, what does the government do with the money if someone dies before they collect what they've paid into the system? Is the totally amount, with interest, paid to that person's estate? Those of us that get a check, paid into the system for many years, it's our money.

I get a monthly check, but I paid into the system for over 40 years. I wasn't given a choice to invest the money on my own, it was automatically deducted from my pay checks before I was paid. The government doesn't give me anything. It's my money that I paid into the system. Also, what does the government do with the money if someone dies before they collect what they've paid into the system? Is the totally amount, with interest, paid to that person's estate? Those of us that get a check, paid into the system for many years, it's our money.

That's simply not true.

Medicare and Social Security What you paid compared with what you get PolitiFact

there's no hope for someone who just wants to spread hate on others. They come up with all kinds of Bs. and that is pathetic. Ignore is a wonderful place for some of the people:eusa_clap:

What about city folk, and those that live in apartments? Some people don't have anywhere to plant a garden. You can only grow so much in flower pots. And, what about meat? Wild animals are generally in the wild, and not running through apartments and neighborhoods. Yes, some can survive from hunting and planting crops, but that doesn't apply to everyone.
Tough shit.

We are long past due a major herd culling anyway.

there's no hope for someone who just wants to spread hate on others. They come up with all kinds of Bs. and that is pathetic. Ignore is a wonderful place for some of the people:eusa_clap:

You couldn't debate your way out of a brown paper bag.

Unless that check is SSI, or one is on Medicaid.

Those are things others paid for.

I get a check too, if I had invested what they took, in gold, and kept it, I'd be a Hell of a lot better off today.

If the check stops, I won't starve though.

I have guns and ammo, and two well.

Sure gonna miss coffee if society fails.

I'm not old enough for my SS that I've PAID into for over 45 years now and still paying into it.

but I am looking forward to getting MY MONEY back finally, that I PUT my blood, sweat and tears into

That's simply not true.

Medicare and Social Security What you paid compared with what you get PolitiFact
Only IF one lives long enough.

That's simply not true.

Only IF one lives long enough.
My goal for avenging years of low pay was to live at least 25 years after I started drawing retirement.

I'd like 35 if I keep feeling this good.

I'm not old enough for my SS that I've PAID into for over 45 years now and still paying into it.

but I am looking forward to getting MY MONEY back finally, that I PUT my blood, sweat and tears into
I paid SS from 16 to 30.

Some was deducted, and stolen by the employer, and does not show up as quarters earned.

At 30 I went into state retirement, far short of the number of quarters need to get SS.

Today, all I get from SS is an annual statement saying they stole everything they deducted.

I could go back to work for a number of years, and qualify, but then, SS would deduct because I got state retirement, and the state would deduct because I got SS, and I'd get nowhere.

Fuck 'em.

I'd sure like all that pre-80 money, adjusted for inflation and with compounded interest.

Forum List

Back