Followup to the Cheney Black "X" affair - from National Review

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
• The black X that appeared over Vice President Dick Cheney’s head on CNN as he was giving a speech was the result of a “very, very insignificant” technical malfunction, a CNN spokeswoman said. The X appeared for an eighth of a second — long enough to register on the naked eye — and was highlighted on the Drudge Report.

• The large and noisy flock of chickens that disrupted President Bush and Vice President Cheney as they welcomed British prime minister Tony Blair to the White House was “inadvertently” released by a CNN sound man, a spokesperson for the network said. After the Secret Service rounded up the squawking birds, they were returned to CNN, which donated them to the families of Katrina victims, because “they have suffered so.”

• The crawl that appeared at the bottom of the CNN screen saying DIE, CHIMPHITLER, DIE, DIE, as President George W. Bush pardoned the Thanksgiving turkey, was the result of an “unfortunate” glitch, a CNN spokesman said. The crawl ran the full 90 seconds of the segment, and was rebroadcast by CBS, BBC World News, and <b>al-Jazeera.</b> <i>(emphasis mine - KM) </i>

Many of us have heard about the first, i.e. the black "X" affair, but what about the 2nd and 3rd? It sounds as if CNN has an (anti-Bush bias) gremlin problem!

Forum List

Back