Florida redistricting illegally favors Republicans

I hate gerrymandering on both sides. There has to be a way to evenly split districts. Unfortunately this is likely not to change but it should be done in a non partisan way.

If truly neutral districts were drawn the feds would sue because they wouldn't have enough minority reps. I think all districts should be square or as closely as possible, but no one would be happy because in politics everyone is looking for an advantage.

Last edited:
Florida redistricting illegally favors Republicans, judge rules*-*Los Angeles Times

Florida judge ruled the state's congressional district map invalid Thursday night, saying it violates constitutional provisions that require fair districts and instead favors Republicans..

In a scathing opinion, Leon County Circuit Judge Terry P. Lewis ruled in Tallahassee that the Legislature's Republican political consultants had "made a mockery" of the redistricting process, tainting it with "partisan intent."

Color me shocked

Yes, what a surprise.

Florida redistricting illegally favors Republicans, judge rules*-*Los Angeles Times

Florida judge ruled the state's congressional district map invalid Thursday night, saying it violates constitutional provisions that require fair districts and instead favors Republicans..

In a scathing opinion, Leon County Circuit Judge Terry P. Lewis ruled in Tallahassee that the Legislature's Republican political consultants had "made a mockery" of the redistricting process, tainting it with "partisan intent."

Color me shocked

Seriously...STFU.
obammy is letting illegal dem voters cross our borders by the millions.
He's fucking the whole damn country and you want to complain about a district.:cuckoo:

Color me shocked

Seriously...STFU.
obammy is letting illegal dem voters cross our borders by the millions.
He's fucking the whole damn country and you want to complain about a district.:cuckoo:

Some retards actually believe your fantasy

Color me shocked
Me Too! And KUDOS to the judge!! But looking back to the presidential election that hinged on Florida between Gore and Bush and how the politics played out can there be any doubt at all that this is continuing to happen.

I hate gerrymandering on both sides. There has to be a way to evenly split districts. Unfortunately this is likely not to change but it should be done in a non partisan way.

If truly neutral districts were drawn the feds would sue because they wouldn't have enough minority reps. I think all districts should be square or as closely as possible, but no one would be happy because in politics everyone is looking for an advantage.

That's human nature. We are almost all the same. So we look for a little advantage to go over another human. So I doubt we can count on lawmakers to make laws that don't benefit them. That's why I love voter referendums.

Forum List

Back