Florida Official Moves To Suspend Concealed Carry Permits Of 22 That Participated In January 6th Insurrection

I realize that's the republican spin but no one "seeking redress for grievances" builds gallows, chants about hanging the vice president, and calls for the speaker of the house to be brought out to face similar consequences.

So yea, that's complete bullshit and I wish you'd stop with the lies.
Still spewing the “hang Pence” lie?
0AFB84AA-CFF7-497A-998F-89199D8AEBBC.jpeg

I realize that's the republican spin but no one "seeking redress for grievances" builds gallows, chants about hanging the vice president, and calls for the speaker of the house to be brought out to face similar consequences.

So yea, that's complete bullshit and I wish you'd stop with the lies.
Yeah they do.

And people intent on overthrowing the government bring guns.

Those forms of protest date back to colonial times

I think even you know the people inside the capital were not rioting to overthrow the government but rather for a redress of grievances
Threatening government officials by rioting and breaking into the building where they have congregated to certify the election results is not the way to petition your government for a redress of grievances.

While the word petition may not necessarily mean filing a legal petition with the courts, I'm fairly certain it doesn't mean scaring the crap out of them and attempting to get your way by means of threats/coercion.

Threatening government officials by rioting and breaking into the building where they have congregated to certify the election results is not the way to petition your government for a redress of grievances.
Sure it is

or it has been since colonial times, along with less flamboyant methods

but stealing the 2020 election was extremely flamboyant

Sure it is

or it has been since colonial times, along with less flamboyant methods

but stealing the 2020 election was extremely flamboyant
Okay, well let me rephrase that, it is not an effective way to petition your government without risking loss of your freedom and certain other rights as a result of then becoming a convicted criminal which is exactly what this threads is about.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried moved on Tuesday to suspend the concealed carry licenses of 22 people charged in connection to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“The deeply disturbing events that occurred at our nation’s Capitol on January 6th were sedition, treason, and domestic terrorism – and those individuals involved in the insurrection must be held accountable for attempting to subvert our democratic process,” Fried said in a statement.

She needs to be removed from office...

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried moved on Tuesday to suspend the concealed carry licenses of 22 people charged in connection to the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“The deeply disturbing events that occurred at our nation’s Capitol on January 6th were sedition, treason, and domestic terrorism – and those individuals involved in the insurrection must be held accountable for attempting to subvert our democratic process,” Fried said in a statement.

Why is someone who is Agriculture commissioner trying to get people's gun licenses revoked? That is not even under their jurisdiction.....

As Ag commissioner; you are supposed to be filing lawsuits against PA and Wisconsin to force them to overturn their election results...duh

Why is someone who is Agriculture commissioner trying to get people's gun licenses revoked? That is not even under their jurisdiction.....

As Ag commissioner; you are supposed to be filing lawsuits against PA and Wisconsin to force them to overturn their election results...duh

1627563025112.png

Actually it is.

it is not an effective way to petition your government without risking loss of your freedom and certain other rights as a result of then becoming a convicted criminal
Well duh!

thanks for your concern but I have not endorsed storming Ft Pelosi

in fact you would have my support if democrats were treating rioters from ANTIFA and Black Lies Matter just as harshly

but for dems 1/6 has become their reichstag fire and an excuse to round up conservative coast to coast

It's an interesting choice for Florida to invest its licensing powers in the Department of Agriculture. But okay, whatever, Florida.

I don't see anything wrong with suspending the licenses for people who have been indicted; they can always be un-suspended if they are not found guilty.

Since when does an agricultural commissioner have any voice on who's allowed to conceal carry?
That's the problem. As soon as you have any sort of permit or license for concealed carry, the fact that you have a weapon is no longer concealed, and various parties show up in court out of left field to revoke your rights. So in practice the only way "concealed" carry is possible is without any kind of permitting or gun registration at all.

We have open carry here too, but they tend to make me a little nervous. Most folks who carry open use those cheap Chinese-made Walmart nylon holsters that flop around on their hip when they walk.

Not that they freak me out or anything, but geez: Invest in a decent holster already, yo?
Most that I see open carrying are actually carrying better quality guns in good quality holsters. I have never seen anyone carrying in an Uncle Mike's.

Forum List

Back