Florida "Medical Marijuana" amendment, 57% but fails anyway.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Because Florida law states that Amendments must get 60%, Amendment 2, Medical Marijuana legalization failed.

I voted against this amendment even though I support Medical use because I didn't feel there was sufficient safeguards written into the bill to prevent what happened in California, where people were getting prescriptions for medical Marijuana for "sore backs" or "Soft tissue damage" from happening here.

I want people who truly need it to get it. Those suffering from Cancer treatments, glaucoma, etc. I don't want the guy across the street who is on public assistance getting it for his "hurt" back or shoulder.

Because Florida law states that Amendments must get 60%, Amendment 2, Medical Marijuana legalization failed.

I voted against this amendment even though I support Medical use because I didn't feel there was sufficient safeguards written into the bill to prevent what happened in California, where people were getting prescriptions for medical Marijuana for "sore backs" or "Soft tissue damage" from happening here.

I want people who truly need it to get it. Those suffering from Cancer treatments, glaucoma, etc. I don't want the guy across the street who is on public assistance getting it for his "hurt" back or shoulder.

So what if it's one of the only substances on the planet that has shown signs of attacking Cancer in studies. Let's "hope for a cure" and look the other way.

It seems in America today, "Cancer patients and people with major seizure disorders" are all stoners.

Because American's haven't taken 1 hour out of their day to educate themselves on the topic.

Further, I'm going to make a post right now based on people like you....

Just legalize it. Then anyone who needs it or wants it can have it. Don't see why people who are supposedly for "freedom" and "liberty" get all uptight about a harmless plant.

I have a prescription for medical marijuana, because one time about 11 years ago I might have possibly had a migraine headache or maybe a tough time sleeping one night. I renew my prescription every year for a fee from a clinic that specializes in medical marijuana patients, and they turn nobody down, and they rubber stamp my requests. That's how we're skirting the Federal law in California. Californians were the first to stick it to the Man, in terms of marijuana prohibition. Now, the multitudes have joined with us.

Legalization is coming to your State whether you like it or not, for one simple reason, that marijuana is not a crime. I repeat, marijuana is not a crime. You wanna spend tax dollars to prosecute me, because I lit a plant on fire and inhaled the smoke? You want to stick me in jail, because I grew some herb stalks in my back yard? Get reasonable.

Because it's an amendment. 50% was never a factor. The left just wants to pin it that way.

Forum List

Back