Florida Lawmaker: Common Core Will Turn ‘Every One Of Your Children’ Gay

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I can think of plenty of reasons to throw out Common Core.

This wasn't one of them. :eusa_whistle:

This ominous warning came at an anti-Common Core event in March courtesy of Florida State Rep. Charles Van Zant (R). Speaking at the “Operation Education Conference” in Orlando, Van Zant warned that officials implementing Common Core in Florida are “promoting as hard as they can any youth that is interested in the LGBT agenda.”

Their aim, Van Zant warned, was to “attract every one of your children to become as homosexual as they possibly can.” He then apologized to the crowd for having to be the bearer of bad news. “I really hate to bring you that news,” the Florida Republican said, “but you need to know.”

Florida Lawmaker: Common Core Will Turn 'Every One Of Your Children' Gay | ThinkProgress

It's funny. Common Core was introduced in 44 states. That means red states loved it, too. It had the support of Republican governors.

And then one day, Barack Obama endorsed it.

Now it makes you into a fag!

Bobby Jindal loved it. Now he has done the mother of all flip flops:

The governor, who once supported Common Core and the PARCC, said he is in favor of the state's withdrawal from the group developing the assessment at this point.

Jan Brewer of Arizona liked it, Jeb Bush of Florida liked it, Mike Huckabee of Arkansas liked it, Iowa liked it

Now the inmates have once again overrun the asylum.

These hypocrites make me want to puke.

“Rebrand it, refocus it, but don’t retreat,” said Huckabee, now the host of a Fox News talk show and a supporter of the standards.

The changes are largely superficial, giving new labels to national standards that are taking hold in classrooms across the country. But the desire to market them differently shows how precarious the push for the Common Core has grown, even though the standards were established by state officials with bipartisan support and quickly earned widespread approval, including the endorsement of the Obama administration.

Hard proof, right there. If Obama is for it, they HAVE to be against it. It is their SOLE reason for being against something.

This is what I mean when I say the faux right has utterly destroyed the conservative brand and are in no way interested in truth or doing what is right for the country.

This is all about acquiring and keeping secular power, kids. Never ever forget that. They do NOT have the country's best interests at heart.

Last edited:
How do people like that get elected?

What does it say about our country that we allow people who spew hate a platform and influence on policy?

Freedom of speech, freedom of expression aside -- when do we draw the line and say, no to the bigots and homophobes.

“Rebrand it, refocus it, but don’t retreat,” said Huckabee, now the host of a Fox News talk show and a supporter of the standards.

The changes are largely superficial, giving new labels to national standards that are taking hold in classrooms across the country. But the desire to market them differently shows how precarious the push for the Common Core has grown, even though the standards were established by state officials with bipartisan support and quickly earned widespread approval, including the endorsement of the Obama administration.
This is what I mean when I say the faux right has utterly destroyed the conservative brand and are in no way interested in truth or facts.

This is all about acquiring and keeping secular power, kids. Never ever forget that. They do NOT have the country's best interests at heart.[/QUOTE]

uh that is the excact action of democrats. Now the issue with common core is when liberals get involved, they do have to inject fags into everything. Bully campaigns, I saw bullying as a kid and nothing had to do with being gay, but now they're synonymous...why?

What does it say about our country that we allow people who spew hate a platform and influence on policy?

Freedom of speech, freedom of expression aside -- when do we draw the line and say, no to the bigots and homophobes.

Not in this state.

The southeast part of Florida is Havana del Norte and Little Tel Aviv.

The rest of the state except Tampa and Orlando are as hick and redneck as it gets.

When a main portion of the Babtiss Sunday sermon is "Which way Gawd wants you to vote" -- what do you expect?

Regards from Rosie

This is what I mean when I say the faux right has utterly destroyed the conservative brand and are in no way interested in truth or facts.

This is all about acquiring and keeping secular power, kids. Never ever forget that. They do NOT have the country's best interests at heart.[/QUOTE]

uh that is the excact action of democrats. Now the issue with common core is when liberals get involved, they do have to inject fags into everything. Bully campaigns, I saw bullying as a kid and nothing had to do with being gay, but now they're synonymous...why?
what

I can think of plenty of reasons to throw out Common Core.

This wasn't one of them. :eusa_whistle:

This ominous warning came at an anti-Common Core event in March courtesy of Florida State Rep. Charles Van Zant (R). Speaking at the “Operation Education Conference” in Orlando, Van Zant warned that officials implementing Common Core in Florida are “promoting as hard as they can any youth that is interested in the LGBT agenda.”

Their aim, Van Zant warned, was to “attract every one of your children to become as homosexual as they possibly can.” He then apologized to the crowd for having to be the bearer of bad news. “I really hate to bring you that news,” the Florida Republican said, “but you need to know.”

Florida Lawmaker: Common Core Will Turn 'Every One Of Your Children' Gay | ThinkProgress

I agree.

Most dimocrap Males don't need any encouragement

Hard proof, right there. If Obama is for it, they HAVE to be against it. It is their SOLE reason for being against something.

This is what I mean when I say the faux right has utterly destroyed the conservative brand and are in no way interested in truth or doing what is right for the country.

This is all about acquiring and keeping secular power, kids. Never ever forget that. They do NOT have the country's best interests at heart.

So you think a true conservative is in favor of the Federal government controlling our national educational standards? LOL, sure they are. Suurreeee they are...

Not in this state.

The rest of the state except Tampa and Orlando are as hick and redneck as it gets.

When a main portion of the Babtiss Sunday sermon is "Which way Gawd wants you to vote" -- what do you expect?

Regards from Rosie

Yeah, especially Naples.

One of the richest areas in the entire Country.

So you think a true conservative is in favor of the Federal government controlling our national educational standards? LOL, sure they are. Suurreeee they are...

The STATES enacted Common Core standards. And those standards were mostly created in the business community, not by the federal government. Have you ever even bothered to read them and follow them back to their sources, or do you form your opinions on assumptions and what the piss pourers tell you?

Many of them are clearly labeled as originating from companies like Verizon and Microsoft and such.

Do you have a problem with the business community informing the educational system what skills are going to be necessary to succeed in that community?

Last edited:

Not in this state.

Regards from Rosie

Do you drive?
:cuckoo:

Care to support any of that bullshit?

Naples, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Naples is a city in Collier County, Florida, United States. As of July 1, 2007, the U.S. Census Bureau estimated the city's population at 21,653.[2] Naples is a principal city of the Naples-Marco Island, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area, which had an estimated total population of 315,839 on July 1, 2007.[5] Naples, Florida is one of the wealthiest cities in the United States, with the 6th highest per capita income in America,[6] and the second highest proportion of millionaires per capita in the US.[7] Real estate is amongst the most expensive in the country, with houses on sale for in excess of $40 million.[8]

The business community has been a huge impetus behind Common Core.

I guess learning skills that will earn you a good job is gay.

Like I said, all the conservative icons supported Common Core.

Jan Brewer, for chrissakes!

Mike Huckabee!

Bobby Jindal!

Wake...UP!

The STATES enacted Common Core standards. And those standards were mostly created in the business community, not by the federal government. Have you ever even bothered to read them and follow them back to their sources, or do you form your opinions on assumptions and what the piss pourers tell you?

Many of them are clearly labeled as originating from companies like Verizon and Microsoft and such.

Do you have a problem with the business community informing the educational system what skills are going to be necessary to succeed in that community?

Created in the business community? Can you provide some support for that?

The Cato Institute: "it is not the least bit paranoid to say the federal government wants a national curriculum"

Forum List

Back