Florida Democrats drop idea of primary redo

Right...so Democrats shouldn't be allowed to decide how the Democratic nominee is selected. Makes a whole ton of sense, really. :eusa_wall:

Did Florida know that holding their primary before Feb 5th would cause Democratic votes not to be counted in the convention? Yes they did. They did it anyway. Hence they caused the votes not to count.

The Democrats shouldn't be allowed to dictate to individual states when they can hold their primaries. And yeah, it DOES make a lot of sense.

Now address the argument I made, not the one you cherrypicked. Did Florida voters in 2000 know that voting incorrectly on the ballots and/or in the wrong precinct would cause their votes to not count? Yes they did. They did it anyway.

But to a man, the left has claimed since 2000 that it was Republicans that allegedly disenfranchised them.

A clear double standard that no matter which way the tree falls, lefties will blame Republicans no matter what, even if they have to completely reverse positions.

Either way, you lose.

No they would not. The States could and some if not most would just not hold votes or hold them when they want ANYWAY.

Most states aren't that stupid. Michigan and Florida are exceptions, and I bet after they royally fucked up this election cycle they won't be willing to do the same again.

The Democrats shouldn't be allowed to dictate to individual states when they can hold their primaries. And yeah, it DOES make a lot of sense.

No, actually it makes no sense. This is a DEMOCRATIC primary. Democrats should be making the rules. Why the hell should the DNC be forced to run things in such a way that people who hate their party get to decide when they do things?

Now address the argument I made, not the one you cherrypicked.

Oh? And what argument is it you made that I missed?

Did Florida voters in 2000 know that voting incorrectly on the ballots and/or in the wrong precinct would cause their votes to not count? Yes they did. They did it anyway.

But to a man, the left has claimed since 2000 that it was Republicans that allegedly disenfranchised them.

A clear double standard that no matter which way the tree falls, lefties will blame Republicans no matter what, even if they have to completely reverse positions.

Either way, you lose.

Seriously? You surely could have come up with something better than this.

Did the voters in 2000 vote incorrectly purposefully and knowingly? No? Hence the difference.

Former governor outlines ‘21st century conservative’ agenda
By JAMES A. SMITH SR.
Executive Editor
Published March 17, 2008

SNIP:
Former Gov. Jeb Bush muses over John McCain’s electoral prospects and other hot political topics in an exclusive interview with Florida Baptist Witness March 14 at his Miami office.

MIAMI (FBW) – Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush could barely contain his amusement at the Democrat Party’s Florida and Michigan delegate dilemma in its tightly contested presidential race, saying it’s “ironic beyond belief” that the party which accused him and other Republicans of suppressing the vote in the 2000 Florida presidential election re-count now “got themselves in a hole” of “their own doing.”

“My thoughts are filled with irony that every vote should count,” Bush said with a broad smile. “I mean this brings back memories of hyperbole and anger, mock anger …. It was a political circus for several years running, people trying to stoke the anger of a group of voters.”

http://www.floridabaptistwitness.com/8546.article

:cool:

Larkinn, I agree with alot of your posts. But does everything always have to make sense? There's plenty of crap that goes on everyday that don't make sense...like banning firearms in D.C. Alot of things don't make sense. So a political party can control when a state does something?...that's kind of scary a scary thought.

Forum List

Back