Florida battles Zika while the GOP Congress lets the CDC run out of money

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-almost-out-zika-money-director-says-n640361

And the CDC, which has been helping Florida track cases and fight mosquitoes, is almost broke.

"Basically, we are out of money and we need Congress to act," Frieden told reporters.

"The cupboard is bare."

Last February, President Barack Obama asked Congress for $1.9 billion in emergency funds to fight Zika. Congress has resisted, with controlling Republicans saying they want more accountability for the money and saying health agencies like the CDC and National Institutes of Health need to find money left over from fighting Ebola and other projects.

If I lived in Florida, I would be very angry at the "Do Nothing" GOP Congress. So, Trump loses Florida in November, largely due to the lack of empathy of the GOP House.

I call bullshit! BO doesn't need congress to get 1.9 billion for the CDC, just like he didn't need them to get $1.7 billion to give to Iran for some hostages. Sorry sport, you've been duped.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-almost-out-zika-money-director-says-n640361

And the CDC, which has been helping Florida track cases and fight mosquitoes, is almost broke.

"Basically, we are out of money and we need Congress to act," Frieden told reporters.

"The cupboard is bare."

Last February, President Barack Obama asked Congress for $1.9 billion in emergency funds to fight Zika. Congress has resisted, with controlling Republicans saying they want more accountability for the money and saying health agencies like the CDC and National Institutes of Health need to find money left over from fighting Ebola and other projects.

If I lived in Florida, I would be very angry at the "Do Nothing" GOP Congress. So, Trump loses Florida in November, largely due to the lack of empathy of the GOP House.

I call bullshit! BO doesn't need congress to get 1.9 billion for the CDC, just like he didn't need them to get $1.7 billion to give to Iran for some hostages. Sorry sport, you've been duped.
You see Jimbo is your typical leftist. He believes whatever the MSM tells him and he is incapable of thinking or evaluating any issue. He just goes along with whatever the lib MSM tells him.

I really like JImbo, but sadly he is easily duped like most leftists.

Does anybody know what the money was spent for? I mean, billions were spent on bug spray and billions were spent on finding a vaccine or something?

I trust the CDC to put the money where it is most needed. Maybe when Red State cities like Houston and New Orleans fall prey to Zika, the "Do Nothing" GOP Congress will wake up.
That's not really an answer Jim. Where did the money go? Are there any reports you base your assumption on?

Yes, his assumption is based on this report - "URGENT BREAKING NEWS, JimH52 has been diagnosed with a severe case of Butthurt. Doctors treating Jim say it is the worse case of butt hurt they have ever seen. One doctor, who declined to give his name, reports that the money does not exist to treat Jim because it was sent to Iran ($1.7 bil) as ransom for hostages. People close to Jim have said he will continue to post on USMB in hopes that enough people will shit on him, which is the only known cure for butthurt.

Ignorance is Bliss for you all. I guess that is what you are cult members of Comrade Trump.

Forum List

Back